ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-14 Years Long Residence Application.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nyeronn
Newly Registered

ILR-14 Years Long Residence Application.

Post by nyeronn » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:50 pm

Good day Ladies and Gentlemen.

I came here on a visitors visa on the 29/08/98 and i have been working ever since. I was doing a professional accountancy course (got 8 courses to go and i can't sit for exams now without id) but had to suspend it and pull off double shifts to support my wife(marriage 31/01/01) who came in as a student Jan/1999.

In 2011 after making different applications(compassionate grounds,humanitarian grounds...all declined)she was granted ILR status under Legacy.

I did not include myself as a way of protecting her and our three children ie overstayer coming out if the blue which i strongly believed would jeopardise their response to a request for dependants and photos.

As of May/2011 they have been sitting pretty with ILR status.

As for me i decided to wait for the bigger prize....ILR 14 years long residence. Unfortunately," the goal posts were changed " on the 09/07/2012 with a about 50 days to go.

Regardless:

Applied on 06/07/2012
Received acknowledgement on 23/07/2012
Received biometrics invite on 20/10/2012
This was done immediately with 2 days to the expiry date.It was dated the 03/10/2012.
I have been waiting ever since.

Now the (ifs and buts.....)
I am the bread winner and provider basically. My wife despite having status, earns sporadically. As far as financially contributing to the household is concerned, she is not bothered. Some are marriages are seriously messy.

Being the father of 4,7 and 8 year old children. i shut my mouth and provide. Besides i have no status hence no "say".

Unfortunately,one of my employers has asked for my right to work and i am empty handed.

Fortunately, i am signed off sick but i won't get any salary. i am stuck with one job which does not bring in enough money at all and rent will soon become an issue.

I spent £10 on hold calling the ukba 0870 number yesterday.

I live in an area where the MP is conservative. Is approaching him any good ?

Dear Magga1 congratulations on your status. May you please provide me with details of the solicitor you used. i don't know whether something can be done.

To be continued.....gotta sleep and go earn tomorrow.

More about my solicitor.