ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

settlement10year
Newly Registered

visitors visa

Post by settlement10year » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:16 am

I applied for ILR on the 10 year basis back in June 2012. I am getting worried because I just read a thread that states that visitors visa cannot be included in the 10year period.

I was initially on a visitors visa for 6 months but applied for student visa before this lapsed. I was wondering if this could affect my application?

Pari_in_kwest

Grievance

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:21 am

Just to let you know all that my mother passed away last night. I couldn't even say good bye to her and not sure if I will get to see her before my family criminate her.

naqeeb

Re: Grievance

Post by naqeeb » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:09 am

Feel your pain as my Grandmother passed away in November, so sorry to hear. May god give you the strength to go through this.
Pari_in_kwest wrote:Just to let you know all that my mother passed away last night. I couldn't even say good bye to her and not sure if I will get to see her before my family criminate her.

david1982
Newly Registered

Post by david1982 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:12 am

This is called so called huminity that UK is proud of. Last Year same thing happend with my friend. He father passed away, but he couldn't go back becasue of this bloody passport. There are thousands of similar cases. UK should be ashamed of this kind of cruel system.

Pari_in_kwest wrote:Just to let you know all that my mother passed away last night. I couldn't even say good bye to her and not sure if I will get to see her before my family criminate her.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Visitors Visa

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:31 am

settlement10year wrote:I applied for ILR on the 10 year basis back in June 2012. I am getting worried because I just read a thread that states that visitors visa cannot be included in the 10year period.

I was initially on a visitors visa for 6 months but applied for student visa before this lapsed. I was wondering if this could affect my application?
No, don't worry. you should be fine. It's based on any legal visa. Read what Vinny had to say about this confusion
IND Public Enquiries wrote:We confirm that if you are making an application on the basis of 10 years long residence, provided you have been in the UK lawfully, it may be in any category including visitor conditions.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:36 am

I am really really sorry for you.

Hope God will at least give strength to you to cope up with this situation

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 am

Sad news indeed. So sorry thats the way its gone. I pray you will have all the courage and strength you need to deal with such difficult circumstances.

AMH

Post by AMH » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:22 am

Oh God!!
Very sad to read, my deep condolences are with you
7A8M6H

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:09 am

Its very sad to hear this, my thoughts are with you and your family, May God give you and your family the fortitude to bear the great loss. Take Heart my friend, its well with you

natisanga

Post by natisanga » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:13 am

It has been a long time without good news, congratulations to
Punjabis and kya1104. Thanks for sharing, it gives hope to the rest of us.

My 6 months are up ( not that it matters).

Condolences, to all, who on top of this long wait, have to endure the loss of a loved one.

May God bless us all.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Return of Documents Request

Post by Hwima » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:16 am

Hi everyone

S.O.S My wife has been offered a job and she needs her status document which i sent with my application in July. I have been looking at the notes here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/ at the bottom of the page it seems to say by doing so i am withdrawing the application and i need to be sure that by requesting the return of this document i am not withdrawing my application. Just hers everything else stays as i dont need. Wise move? Thanks in advance

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Return of Documents Request

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:37 am

Hwima wrote:S.O.S My wife has been offered a job and she needs her status document which i sent with my application in July. I have been looking at the notes here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/ at the bottom of the page it seems to say by doing so i am withdrawing the application and i need to be sure that by requesting the return of this document i am not withdrawing my application. Just hers everything else stays as i dont need. Wise move? Thanks in advance
On the ROC Form, clearly mention in bold at space provided for

Do you want to withdraw your application?*
as NO and only requesting the sponsor's documents.

Documents required * (Please include full details of document required)
For example, Sponsor's Passport, Sponsor's Name, Sponsor's Nationality, Sponsor's DOB

Please specify whose documents you require *
Clearly mention you only need the Sponsor's documents and not the main Applicant.

On top of this, keep a copy of this form just in case you might need it.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:52 am

Surprisingly Loads of PEO Appointments are available since this morning on UKBA Website? Does any one know about this unusual Phenomenon?

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:00 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Hwima wrote:S.O.S My wife has been offered a job and she needs her status document which i sent with my application in July. I have been looking at the notes here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/ at the bottom of the page it seems to say by doing so i am withdrawing the application and i need to be sure that by requesting the return of this document i am not withdrawing my application. Just hers everything else stays as i dont need. Wise move? Thanks in advance
On the ROC Form, clearly mention in bold at space provided for

Do you want to withdraw your application?*
as NO and only requesting the sponsor's documents.

Documents required * (Please include full details of document required)
For example, Sponsor's Passport, Sponsor's Name, Sponsor's Nationality, Sponsor's DOB

Please specify whose documents you require *
Clearly mention you only need the Sponsor's documents and not the main Applicant.

On top of this, keep a copy of this form just in case you might need it.
Thanks Damanisshallo. I may have to do that, was a little averse to start with thinking i will ruin it by doing so but it is taking forever and everything else is on stand still. Any suggestions are still welcome from everyone if you have had experiences this in the past.
Ta

k77

Post by k77 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello Pari in Kwest
It is sad to hear that your mother passed away.I hope you will find the strength and courage to deal with situation.You should have contacted Home office through solicitor about your mother illness, Probably they would have dealt with your case quickly.I knew one of my relative her husband had died while she was waiting for her ILR.The solicitor got involved and she was issued visa and she attended the funeral of her husband.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:19 pm

Hwima wrote:Hi everyone

S.O.S My wife has been offered a job and she needs her status document which i sent with my application in July. I have been looking at the notes here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/ at the bottom of the page it seems to say by doing so i am withdrawing the application and i need to be sure that by requesting the return of this document i am not withdrawing my application. Just hers everything else stays as i dont need. Wise move? Thanks in advance
First comes first. what was your application.

SET(O) 10 yr Long Residency?????

If that is the case, why did you send your wife's documents. was she applying for something else??

please give more details to give you a better suggestion]

S

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:53 pm

saanju9 wrote:
Hwima wrote:Hi everyone

First comes first. what was your application.

SET(O) 10 yr Long Residency?????

If that is the case, why did you send your wife's documents. was she applying for something else??

please give more details to give you a better suggestion]

S

Hi

No she wasn't applying for anything. Just the lawyer I consulted who advised that I submit everything/anything I could get hold of including that. Yes the application is set(o) 10 yr long residence. Thanks

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:20 pm

[quote="Pari_in_kwest"]Just to let you know all that my mother passed away last night. I couldn't even say good bye to her and not sure if I will get to see her before my family criminate her.[/quote]

Heartfelt condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

K.

rohitchy
Newly Registered

GOOD NEWS!!!

Post by rohitchy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi All,

GOOD NEWS !

Finally I received my passport today !!! Thanks Allah and all of you.

No signature needed as no body was at home. Still waiting for biometric card though.

Special thanks to Daminishallo.

All the best to all who are still waiting.

With Regards

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 pm

Finally I received my passport today !!! Thanks Allah and all of you.
Congrats! What was your timeline?

rohitchy
Newly Registered

Post by rohitchy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:29 pm

Applied 20/06/2012

Biomatric done 21/08/2012

Passport received today.

No Soli or no additional documents hence 7+ months.

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:46 pm

I submitted my ILR Set O application on 3 Sept 2012 so it has been nearly 4 months now. I'm a doctor and change hospitals every4 months - I'm starting at a new hospital tomorrow and while going through the paperwork with them, they are refusing to let me work even though I have shown them photocopies of my passport and my Tier 1 visa (Which does not expire till 2014). They are contacting UKBA to check, it sounded as though this is done through fax rather than phone. Has anyone experience a similar situation before and how long does it take? I cannot afford to not work without pay :(

UKBA inefficiency is causing all of us so much inconvenience. In my case - the hospital is already so short staffed and therefore not good for patients!!! :roll: PS I have already sent an email to the complaints department in December to raise this issue and to warn them that I may not be able to work if I don't get the passport by Feb and no reply whatsoever!!!!!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Section 3C

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 pm

dupuytren wrote:I submitted my ILR Set O application on 3 Sept 2012 so it has been nearly 4 months now. I'm a doctor and change hospitals every4 months - I'm starting at a new hospital tomorrow and while going through the paperwork with them, they are refusing to let me work even though I have shown them photocopies of my passport and my Tier 1 visa (Which does not expire till 2014). They are contacting UKBA to check, it sounded as though this is done through fax rather than phone. Has anyone experience a similar situation before and how long does it take? I cannot afford to not work without pay
Since you've already submitted your biometrics you should be on the system. Please give them (Your Employer) this. However if they hesitate to help you out take this along with your Acknowledgement & Biometric invitation letter and ask them to have a look at Frequently Asked Questions->What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? from the link.

You can also show them section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 from the Legislation.

But I also need to warn you that in-spite of having so many evidences, it purely depends on your luck and the person you are talking to. Coz not all HR's are well qualified. So Good luck. Also tell your employer that they request a response from UKBA using ECS and once they get a positive response it can be used for 12 months.

They should be using Employer checking service (ECS) enquiry form. This team usually takes 5 working days to send a response. It's a real shame that your employer doesn't know about this process. I hope you are not working for National Health Services.

Read this story

If your employer is eager to check the process, then give them the ECS helpline number 0300 123 4699.
Skydrives, Templates

Pay

Post by Pay » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:11 am

Hi , I have spended 10 years in UK , 9 years student 1 year on EEA family permit , I married my EU partner before my visa expires and I applied for EEA2 RC before my visa expires , it took them 6 month to issue RC based on married to EU . Now I want to apply for ILR 10 years do I need to prove the marriage and treaty right exercisment all over again ? Isn't RC issued enough ? I really appriciate your reply .Many thanks .
Any success stories - what documents were required ?

nats

Post by nats » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:30 am

So sorry to hear that.. my condolence for you.. may her soul rest in peace.. and may God give you strength to bear tthis loss..