ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success 30th Jan@Solihull Wp holder & Driving Convic

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gagan1986

ILR Success 30th Jan@Solihull Wp holder & Driving Convic

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:34 am

First of all a huge thanks to wpilr_nov12 for his support over the last month by answering any queries I had. Also thanks to Kevin24 who kept posting to keep my spirits high.

Documents I took:-

Set O form & passport
3 months payslips and bank statements
Life in the UK
Original WP letter
5yr p60's - Not asked by CW
Employer letter with SOC code and on the same letter my employer wrote a line that all absences are paid annual leave.
Photocopies of all the docs - though wasn't asked for it.
Took lots of other docs in a miscellaneous file- degree, other certificates, counterpart of driving licence etc.

Timelines below:-
Appointment at 1pm
12.30pm- Reached, got the airport style security check done and was asked to be seated. After 5 mins, a token number was given which you have to keep with yourself till the very end. Don't loose it.
2.00pm- number called on the screen and was asked to go to counter and was met by a very polite and cheerful British Indian caseworker. He asked me for the token and then asked for the Set O form and passport. He opened the form and first page he checked was the number of absences. Only had 170 in last 5 years. Then he proceeded and opened my passport. Asked me what happened to my previous passport(it was lost in post by DVLA) he was fine with it. He checked my workpermit by putting the workpermit number on the system and kept staring in the computer for 15mins. He left and said he will be back, came back after 10 mins still looking confused. He then he asked me for the employer letter. Left again and came back after 5 mins. Asked me for payslips and bank statements. He then in a very unusual tone asked me if the company pays me the right amount. I was like yes absolutely. He asked me the same question again and my reply was the same. He then proceeded. Asked for Life in the UK.

As I was on a 5 yr workpermit(and my passport was lost, the original 5 yr stamp wasn't there he asked me for the photocopy of it which I didn't have). I offered him the original WP letter issued in 2008 and as soon as he looked at the letter he immediately jumped and said that is not the letter and therefore he said it won't possible without that letter/photocopy of 5 yr WP. I was firm yet polite, said it is the one. He then said I cannot see on my system that you entered UK after the issue of WP. I was like you won't have anything on the system as it was an in country application switch over from fresh talent Scotland. He was like oh yes that's correct.

I had bit of an unsual scenario in the employment(left my employer and came back after a month and joined the same employer after 2.5 months) as there was some misunderstanding and my Hr informed HO that I have left the country etc but I was meant to come back and join a different branch. He remarked 'Your employer really likes you' etc and that is ok. I just kept quiet and he was waiting for me to speak something he can catch on but I remained quiet and just nodded my head.

He then became quite friendly and we started talking about Glasgow where I used to live before and he lived there for few years too long time back. He then informed that that my ILR is approved subject to payments and criminal checks are fine.

Now the dilemma, I had driving without insurance offence in Jan 2010(more than 24 months back as per new rules) but at no time he asked me or I don't think he opened the section 7 of the form. He repeated again, go and make payment and we will do criminal checks. So I was in double minds, should I tell him or should I keep quiet(I had declared it on the form) Then I thought I should keep quiet, if the CrB checks come clean then it's cool if not I have declared it on the form anyway. I proceeded to the payment counter and then asked to take a seat outside for biometrics.

3.10pm - came out and after 5 mins biometric was done.

3.20pm - I was given an option if I want to go out for half an hour I can do but be back before 4. Came back at 3.50 pm and waited till 4.20pm and everyone was waiting in the waiting for their final results. My token number was called and approval letter was given further explaining how biometric card will arrive etc.

Overall amazing experience. Great caseworker. Good support/security staff.

Vidhya Bharathidasan
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by Vidhya Bharathidasan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:25 am

Congrats!!

Could you please let me know how did you manage to book an appointment with Solihull PEO, i e at what time, through agent?, etc etc. I've been trying to book it since a week in vain, however i do see appointments with Liverpool and Sheffield, it is just not for Solihull. Just so you know i'm trying to book it based on the 42 period gap before the date of appointment.

Your response highly appreciated!!

Thanks

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 am

@Gagan1986

Congratulations! You have escaped their snare final.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:40 am

No problems mate. I am happy that every thing went off well. Now you are a Member of the ILR Club.Thank You for your nice compliments.

Atleast I learnt that you must not speak too much to the CWs. Keep it simple.

Gagan1986

Re: Hi

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 am

Vidhya Bharathidasan wrote:Congrats!!

Could you please let me know how did you manage to book an appointment with Solihull PEO, i e at what time, through agent?, etc etc. I've been trying to book it since a week in vain, however i do see appointments with Liverpool and Sheffield, it is just not for Solihull. Just so you know i'm trying to book it based on the 42 period gap before the date of appointment.

Thanks
Booked it online by logging onto home office website. I booked my appointment by myself(not through an agent) and booked it around 1.30am. Defo try that time, most Solihull ones comes around /after that time

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 am

Kevin24 wrote:No problems mate. I am happy that every thing went off well. Now you are a Member of the ILR Club.Thank You for your nice compliments.

Atleast I learnt that you must not speak too much to the CWs. Keep it simple.
Thanks Kevin And sayome

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:16 am

Hi! Gagan 1986,

So the whole process is nearly 3 hrs. what a feeling When you got the ILR letter. Worth all what ever emotions you went through,before the PEO appointmentment.

1. Can you post the draft of the Employer's letter for me,please.

2.Wondering why CW asked whether You have been paid the right salary.ie: Salary mentioned in WP,I think.

3.Is it oK TO ASK YOU FOR ADVISE BEFORE I START MY PROCESS.

askhan
United Kingdom

QUERY

Post by askhan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:35 am

Congrats on your ILR .

just curious, i beleive you must received 6 or 3 points on license on that offence.

is it through court or from police ?
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

Gagan1986

Re: QUERY

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 am

askhan wrote:Congrats on your ILR .

just curious, i beleive you must received 6 or 3 points on license on that offence.

is it through court or from police ?
Thanks, 6 points through court

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Hi! Gagan 1986,

So the whole process is nearly 3 hrs. what a feeling When you got the ILR letter. Worth all what ever emotions you went through,before the PEO appointmentment.

1. Can you post the draft of the Employer's letter for me,please.

2.Wondering why CW asked whether You have been paid the right salary.ie: Salary mentioned in WP,I think.

3.Is it oK TO ASK YOU FOR ADVISE BEFORE I START MY PROCESS.
The feeling, it was a bit sense of relief and a lot of weight off the shoulders specially when you have prepared the case yourself. Atleast you know now you can do things you like in the UK(specially for us who are employer sponsored)

1. Employers Letter - I took it from the sticky note where it says employers letter. Exact letter but just input the name salary soc code etc and added a line saying all absences stated in theapplication form were authorised paid annual leave.

2. Not sure why he asked, but it was all ok as i had the payslips and bank statements. That was nothing to worry about.

2. Yeah anytime, no worries mate

BE HAPPY
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success 30th Jan@Solihull Wp holder & Driving Co

Post by BE HAPPY » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:51 pm

Congrats!!!

Chill out now.

Gagan1986

Re: ILR Success 30th Jan@Solihull Wp holder & Driving Co

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:33 pm

BE HAPPY wrote:Congrats!!!

Chill out now.
Many Thanks. How long it took you to receive your BRP card?

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:51 pm

Gagan1986 and others,

I have the same @Solihull PEO on 11 Feb for my ILR application,

what is the easy way to making the payment @Solihull.
1- CASH
2- Debit Card
3- Bank draft.

which is the easy and fast way of making payments @Solihull ?
Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:52 pm

mianrmm wrote:2- Debit Card
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi! Gagan 1986,

1.Please be kind enough to give me a list of documents,I should be collecting and organising for My ILR..

2. How did you arrange your documents??

3. Photo copies for only the documents you handed over to CW.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:35 pm

mianrmm wrote:Gagan1986 and others,

I have the same @Solihull PEO on 11 Feb for my ILR application,

what is the easy way to making the payment @Solihull.
1- CASH
2- Debit Card
3- Bank draft.

which is the easy and fast way of making payments @Solihull ?
Thanks
YOU COULD ALSO PAY BY CREDIT CARD.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:23 pm

1.Please be kind enough to give me a list of documents,I should be collecting and organising for My ILR..

Kevin,

You applying under WP/tier 2 category? If yes, been with the same employer?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi! Gagan 1986,

Yes WP category. Same Employer for 5 years.Must move on.

NO hurry You coulpost it when you have time. Did you drive to Solihull? I hope to go by Train,if I get an Appointment.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:32 pm

NO hurry You coulpost it when you have time. Did you drive to Solihull? I hope to go by Train,if I get an Appointment.
I have also read somehwere that if you leave date fields blank on PEO booking site, you will only get 10 available per location. If you narrow down dates, maybe more future (within 42 days) slots visible? Worth a try....
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:37 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:

I have also read somehwere that if you leave date fields blank on PEO booking site, you will only get 10 available per location. If you narrow down dates, maybe more future (within 42 days) slots visible? Worth a try....
THANK YOU. wpilr_nov12

Vidhya Bharathidasan
Newly Registered

Post by Vidhya Bharathidasan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:

Thanks
Booked it online by logging onto home office website. I booked my appointment by myself(not through an agent) and booked it around 1.30am. Defo try that time, most Solihull ones comes around /after that time
Thanks very much!!

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:27 pm

Absolutely mate, it's all about getting a proper move on. You will be fine don't you worry. You have any concerns or doubt in your case? We are all wig you n make sure you join that ILR club soon

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:23 am

Vidhya Bharathidasan wrote:
Gagan1986 wrote:

Thanks
Thanks very much!![/quo

Any issues get in touch

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 am

I took a train and got lost when I came out of the train station. But eventually it wasn't far away from the station.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 am

Kevin,

List of docs:-

Set o form and passports
Original WP letter
3 months bank statements and payslips, highlight the salary entry on bank statements
5 years P60
Employers letter
Employers letter ref absences
2 recent passport size photograph
Life In the UK

Above are mandatory docs apart from p60 which they sometimes ask, sometimes don't

I had 3 files with me. One all originals, second all photocopies of originals and third miscellaneous like any certificates and other docs may be relevant to your particular case.

Do not attach photocopies with your originals. Keep them separate in files as stated above.