ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Application on Hold Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MSAL
Newly Registered

My Application on Hold Tier 1

Post by MSAL » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:06 am

Hi,

Can anyone Help me.....

I went for PEO appointment and i was told to bring more document.

Story : I am employed with 2 org

Fulltime : £31K All document fine
Partime : £6K - as my payslips showing no tax dont knw why ?

UKBA lady asked me to bring below documents and i dont have any idea about it.

1. P60 10/11 & 11/12 - I have it - i already gave 11/12 to her.
2. Statement of earning from HMRC 10/11 & 11&12 - dont knw wer can i get these doc ?
3. letter from part time employer why my payslips showing no tax ?

I need to provide all this within 14days....

Need help ASAP......

Thanks in advance....

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:20 am

What is your tax code printed on payslips?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: My Application on Hold Tier 1

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 am

MSAL wrote:Fulltime : £31K All document fine

2. Statement of earning from HMRC 10/11 & 11&12 - dont knw wer can i get these doc ?
It's clear that your case worker wants to verify that you have paid the necessary income tax due to the fact that no tax payments appear on your part-time employment payslips. They can do this by taking a look at your employment history for the two years in question. Answers to your questions are as follows:
1) As you have already submitted your P60 for 11/12, now you just need to submit the same for 10/11.
2) Request this from HMRC, if it is urgent you can request them to fax it to you. See the following thread for contact details: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#759105
3) The key point to try and understand would be whether HMRC were aware of your employment with both employers and thereby whether they adjusted your tax code to deduct the appropriate taxes. Speak to your part-time employer and raise the question and get a letter from them to explain. If you find out that you have underpaid taxes, you should make the necessary arrangements to pay the tax due with HMRC. You will need to speak to them to do this.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:52 pm

From the sounds of it, you didn't inform your part-time employer of your full-time job (by means of a P46) and you have been using your personal allowance on both jobs (therefore paying too little in tax). As per C95's advise, you need to sort out your tax and get to the bottom of why you are paying no tax for your part-time job.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

MSAL
Newly Registered

Post by MSAL » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Thanks for you reply...

Can you please let me know what do you mean by c95 ?

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:40 pm

its nick name of user cs95tdg ... :lol:

tom.draper

Post by tom.draper » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:41 pm

I'm applying for my Visa in March. claiming my previous earnings from one employer for the period of March 2012 - Feb 2013. I have started working for this employer since January 2011.

the problem is tax is not deducted in my march pay b'cos im new to company and the tax code was not right. anyway from April they have given me a different tax code and I back the tax i owe for the previous year.

will this affect me in any way

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 pm

tom.draper wrote:I'm applying for my Visa in March. claiming my previous earnings from one employer for the period of March 2012 - Feb 2013. I have started working for this employer since January 2011.

the problem is tax is not deducted in my march pay b'cos im new to company and the tax code was not right. anyway from April they have given me a different tax code and I back the tax i owe for the previous year.

will this affect me in any way
If your tax code was adjusted to subsequently deduct the income tax due, then this will not pose a problem. But make sure you submit evidence (a cover letter may help here) to that effect when you apply, to ensure that the case worker can clearly see what has been done to correct the original underpayment of income tax.

tom.draper

Post by tom.draper » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 am

I also have an option to show my earnings from April 2012- March 2013. I have regular tax deduction every month during this period. my march pay will be debited to my account on 22nd of march. I'm planning to go to Visa on 25th of march. (just 2 days after I recieve my pay).

I'm getting paid into my LLoyds Tsb (lloyds bank troubles to issue instant statements). I'm planning to change my last month pay to some other bank which can give me paper statements instantly in the bank. does it affect in any way if I change my bank for last pay.

Please suggest.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:25 am

tom.draper wrote:I'm getting paid into my LLoyds Tsb (lloyds bank troubles to issue instant statements). I'm planning to change my last month pay to some other bank which can give me paper statements instantly in the bank. does it affect in any way if I change my bank for last pay.
No. So long as you receive and submit the necessary bank statement and payslip for that month which can be cross verified by a case worker you will be fine.

MSAL
Newly Registered

Re: My Application on Hold Tier 1

Post by MSAL » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Best Advise Mate!!!!

Got the Approval & BRP too..

cs95tdg wrote:
MSAL wrote:Fulltime : £31K All document fine

It's clear that your case worker wants to verify that you have paid the necessary income tax due to the fact that no tax payments appear on your part-time employment payslips. They can do this by taking a look at your employment history for the two years in question. Answers to your questions are as follows:
1) As you have already submitted your P60 for 11/12, now you just need to submit the same for 10/11.
2) Request this from HMRC, if it is urgent you can request them to fax it to you. See the following thread for contact details: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#759105
3) The key point to try and understand would be whether HMRC were aware of your employment with both employers and thereby whether they adjusted your tax code to deduct the appropriate taxes. Speak to your part-time employer and raise the question and get a letter from them to explain. If you find out that you have underpaid taxes, you should make the necessary arrangements to pay the tax due with HMRC. You will need to speak to them to do this.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Good to hear you managed to get everything resolved.