ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding supporting docs for FLR(M) application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OttoMattik
United Kingdom

Question regarding supporting docs for FLR(M) application

Post by OttoMattik » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Have a question regarding my wife's FLR(M) application.

As some members may be aware, I submitted my SET(O) application for ILR back in March 2012, and after a lengthy wait for 10.5 months, finally got all documents and BRP back last week with ILR successfully granted.

In the meantime, my wife was here on a Work Permit dependant visa which was due to run out on the 15th of October 2012. I was hoping that my case would have been decided before her visa ran out, and then it would have been a simple FLR(M) premium application.

However, as my application was not completed in time, we submitted a provisional application for her FLR(M), with a covering letter explaining the situation.

Her application does seem to be moving along on normal timescales, as we received the acknowledgement a week after submitting the applicaiton, and the request to submit biometric information on the 27th of December 2012 (which has also been done).

The querstion I have is whether I need to submit my passport and BRP to support her application, or will UKBA make the link automatically - as we did mention all the appropriate case reference numbers in the covering letter?

OttoMattik
United Kingdom

Post by OttoMattik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:54 am

Anybody ?

OttoMattik
United Kingdom

Post by OttoMattik » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:29 am

Well, called up the Immigration Enquiry Bureau and was directed to send in a covering letter explaining the situation to the CLS team at the Sheffield Office which would be handling the case. Enclosed a copy of the BRP just in case, and waiting to hear back.

Can't believe no one else has had to face this situation before :?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:57 am

Why are you making a FLR(M) application for your wife? Why didn't she apply for ilr with you?

OttoMattik
United Kingdom

Post by OttoMattik » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:05 pm

Greenie wrote:Why are you making a FLR(M) application for your wife? Why didn't she apply for ilr with you?
I applied for my ILR based on the 10 year Long residence category, for which I was eligible earlier than I would have been under the 5 year Work permit category. Obviously, I had not imagined at the time that my postal application would be so delayed and drawn out.

As I understood the rules, she would have been eligible to apply for ILR along with me had I applied on the basis of the Work permit completion (5 years), though not under the 10 year residence category and she would need the 3 year qualifying residence period to be completed?

Ged

Re: Question regarding supporting docs for FLR(M) applicatio

Post by Ged » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:13 pm

OttoMattik wrote:Have a question regarding my wife's FLR(M) application.

As some members may be aware, I submitted my SET(O) application for ILR back in March 2012, and after a lengthy wait for 10.5 months, finally got all documents and BRP back last week with ILR successfully granted.

In the meantime, my wife was here on a Work Permit dependant visa which was due to run out on the 15th of October 2012. I was hoping that my case would have been decided before her visa ran out, and then it would have been a simple FLR(M) premium application.

However, as my application was not completed in time, we submitted a provisional application for her FLR(M), with a covering letter explaining the situation. I know other people waiting in similar situations.

Her application does seem to be moving along on normal timescales, as we received the acknowledgement a week after submitting the application, and the request to submit biometric information on the 27th of December 2012 (which has also been done).

The question I have is whether I need to submit my passport and BRP to support her application, or will UKBA make the link automatically - as we did mention all the appropriate case reference numbers in the covering letter?
Sorry, I do not have an answer for you as I am in a very similar situation myself. My wife's leave to remain is expiring before my 10 years long stay ILR arrives, so we are sending her FLR(M) application tomorrow. We even cancelled a PEO appointment we optimistically took 2 months ago. I would really appreciate if you update this post when you get an answer from the HO. If I live long enough to get my ILR from HO, I will be desperately seeking an answer for the same question.

OttoMattik
United Kingdom

Re: Question regarding supporting docs for FLR(M) applicatio

Post by OttoMattik » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:17 am

Ged wrote:
OttoMattik wrote:Have a question regarding my wife's FLR(M) application.

However, as my application was not completed in time, we submitted a provisional application for her FLR(M), with a covering letter explaining the situation. I know other people waiting in similar situations.

Her application does seem to be moving along on normal timescales, as we received the acknowledgement a week after submitting the application, and the request to submit biometric information on the 27th of December 2012 (which has also been done).

The question I have is whether I need to submit my passport and BRP to support her application, or will UKBA make the link automatically - as we did mention all the appropriate case reference numbers in the covering letter?
Sorry, I do not have an answer for you as I am in a very similar situation myself. My wife's leave to remain is expiring before my 10 years long stay ILR arrives, so we are sending her FLR(M) application tomorrow. We even cancelled a PEO appointment we optimistically took 2 months ago. I would really appreciate if you update this post when you get an answer from the HO. If I live long enough to get my ILR from HO, I will be desperately seeking an answer for the same question.
Hang in there, I know what you're going through and its pure mental torture not knowing and not actually being able to do anything about it.

I'm actually not very hopeful of getting a reply by post from the HO, and will most likely involve my MP - who has actually been the most helpful person through this whole saga and anyone who could actually get me an update on what was going on!