ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents 65 yrs old overstayed their visitor visa in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alex123
Newly Registered

Parents 65 yrs old overstayed their visitor visa in UK

Post by alex123 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi everyone, I will need your advice on this matter and thanks in advance.

My Dad and Mom, both 65 yrs old, came to visit me in the UK on a visitor visa 9 yrs ago and have overstayed their visa ever since. I would like to know what are the possible ways for them to get legal status in the Uk.

I have a businees and two properties here so should not be a problem supporting them financially. My parents have 3 children (including me) and 6 grandchildren, all of which are British citizens and live in the UK.

I know it is posiible for them to leave the UK voluntarily at own expense, serve a 12 months penalty, then apply for settlement to the UK under dependent realtives. But how likely are they going to get granted, and what possible obstacles there will be?

Also, is it possible for them to remain in the UK, and apply for descretionary leave to remain under family life rule. But how is it going to work?

Thanks for your opinions and I really appreciate your help.