ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from Tier 4 to Entrepreneur 200k

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oemeka
Newly Registered

switching from Tier 4 to Entrepreneur 200k

Post by oemeka » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 pm

Hi all,
can anyone clarify if i can witch from being a student to being an entrepreneur. I am looking at making available to show 200k with my business plan.

Is this possible for me as a current student in the UK ?

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: switching from Tier 4 to Entrepreneur 200k

Post by tuliprose » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 pm

oemeka wrote:Hi all,
can anyone clarify if i can witch from being a student to being an entrepreneur. I am looking at making available to show 200k with my business plan.

Students cannot switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur unless they have funding from specified sources i-e Registered Venture Capital Firms.

In your case, you can apply for Tier 1 Ent for Entry Clearance from outside UK.

As per new rules, you cannot just make it available to show 200k at the time of application. You need to maintain this amount or invest beyond your application.

oemeka
Newly Registered

Post by oemeka » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks for the response.

Can i be a partner to someone applying from inside the UK ?

either a PSW or a 200k based entrepreneur?

Finally, can i go and put in my application from my country and still come back to continue my studies?

sriks

Post by sriks » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:56 pm

how can you come back once you submit your passport?

if you meant.. you wanted to study while on entrepreneur visa.. i beleive there is nothing stopping you as long as your actively pursuing your business as well as according to new UKBA rules, they might check at any point

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi,

It's very simple.

APPLYING FROM OUTSIDE UK
Anyone can apply from outside UK, because you will not have any status (in accordance to UKBA) at all if you are applying in your country. Because once you submit an application along with your passport and documents, you cannot travel anywhere at all (so whether you have Tier 4 or not is irrelevant)

APPLYING FROM INSIDE UK
Tier 4 students cannot apply in 200K sub-category at all. UKBA have stopped this route since 13 December, 2012. Tier 4 students can apply using FSA approved registered firms (such as Venture Capital Firms).

Please Note: From 30th January 2013, UKBA have issued notifications on Tier 1 applications that random interviews will be conducted for all sub-categories. For applicants with 200k and 50k applications, they want to make sure money is not recycled and is given to you for investment in the UK. They might ask for proof anytime (most probably at your visa renewal time)

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm

you can only make in country application only if you have funding of 50k from venture capital firm.

in any other case you need to go back to home country and submit your application from there and as per new rules you have to have accesses to 200k for the whole time of your visa. (if you invested some than appropriate paperwork of that and remaining funds available to make the total 200k on ongoing basis)

I cant see any problem you carry on your studies as long as you meet criteria set by ukba. (which I try to explain above)

regards

oemeka
Newly Registered

Post by oemeka » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:01 am

Maybe i am not too clear with the message as on the application form that one can apply with passport details and travel document details without including it; provided one states the reason. And when the application is approved as one shall receive approval and notice; One can then go with passport to collect the Visa.

If this is not the case, i would appreciate concern response. Because i want to go and put in the application then travel back as a student and continue my studies as i the application make take several weeks before response is given.

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:52 am

oemeka wrote:Maybe i am not too clear with the message as on the application form that one can apply with passport details and travel document details without including it; provided one states the reason. And when the application is approved as one shall receive approval and notice; One can then go with passport to collect the Visa.

If this is not the case, i would appreciate concern response. Because i want to go and put in the application then travel back as a student and continue my studies as i the application make take several weeks before response is given.
You cannot travel back while the application is being processed.

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:30 pm

rehan01 wrote:

you can only make in country application only if you have funding of 50k from venture capital firm.

in any other case you need to go back to home country and submit your application from there and as per new rules you have to have accesses to 200k for the whole time of your visa. (if you invested some than appropriate paperwork of that and remaining funds available to make the total 200k on ongoing basis)

I cant see any problem you carry on your studies as long as you meet criteria set by ukba. (which I try to explain above)

regards
Hi Rehan01, I would really appreciate if you could help me on the Tier 1 Entre 200k visa route. Please study my post below and leave your helpful advice there mate, thanks in advance.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... ml#p994906
If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs!

RAQEEB
Newly Registered

Post by RAQEEB » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:46 pm

Hello ,
I am in uk in dependent visa and my wife is student. our visa is coming to end soon. I have a friend here who has offered me to do business. He is uk citizen. Can I or my wife apply for business visa and what will be the requirements in this case?

please suggest.