ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application form SET(0) help needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mianrmm

ILR Application form SET(0) help needed

Post by mianrmm » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi there,

I need some help with the filling the SET(0) form, my appointment is on 11 Feb 2013.

CASE HISTORY
First Stampted : 20 Feb 2008 (HSMP)
Entered UK : 12 Apirl 2008.
Extension to Tier 1 General : 18 Feb 2010
Expiry Date : 20 Feb 2013
Application date for ILR : 11 Feb 2013.

Questions

Section 5
Do i need to complete the section 5 or i need to answer only the following questions.
5.1 , 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 ? maternity leave questions are not related to me. :)

Section 6
Question 6.2,6.3, 6.4

I am in UK all the time but went to USA on Company Related work for 5 days from 24th JAN 2012 to 3rd of Feb 2012
out of this only 5 days were company work and then i was on annual holiday. i have got a company letter stating the absence to 5 days for company work and rest days as holidays , all salary were paid in UK in UK Bank.

6.2 : I am ticking YES and giving date in table below.
6.3 : should i tickthe first option? letter from employer detailing the reasons ?
6.4 : When did you last enter the UK?
should i say my first entry 13 Feb 2008 or when i came back from USA (3rd Feb 2012)

Section 11

I understand that as a HSMP and then Tier 1 General application for ILR i have to fill 11L section. is this right or do i have to fill in any other section of 11 as well .

Section 11 C
Do i need to fill this section as well ? as i am on tier 1 general extension after HSMP which is Employment not requiring a work permit ??

Looking for answers.

Thanks and Regards
mianSB[/b]

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:15 pm

T1G applicants do not need to provide an employer letter to confirm annual leave or business related absences. You just need to list them under 6.2 & or a spreadsheet of your own. You would leave 6.3 blank, as it it N/A to you. 6.4 asks when you LAST entered the UK, not FIRST. Therefore what would be applicable here is 3rd Feb 2012 from your post.

Only 11L applies to you as you are applying for ILR as a T1G Migrant.

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks cs95tdg for prompt answer.

for question 6.2 it also says
Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying
under Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion); Tier 2
(Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except Highly
Skilled Migrants.

Evidence of absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons is also required from all of the above
categories, and those applying under the Tier 1 (General)
; Business person; Self-employed person;
Investor; Innovator; Writer; Composer, and Artist categories

Can you please also advice about the section 5 ?[/quote]
Last edited by mianrmm on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:18 pm

Section 5 (5.1 - 5.5) YES.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:24 pm

Also in SEction 11 A, Page 44

Your Finances

Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings
book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself
and any dependants without recourse to public funds. (See Note 5).

Note 5 We do not accept internet or cashpoint statements as evidence of finances. If you claim that a relative
or friend is providing you with financial support (see question 5.4), in addition to evidence of your own finances,
you must provide bank statements or other documents of the kind described above as evidence of their financial
resources. The documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover
at least the last 3 months.

What about this ? as i have completed the section 5 from 5.1 to 5.5[/b]

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:38 pm

I think the answer to this is the same as what I said under the following topic: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#775037

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:48 pm

cs95tdg many thanks, you are a star...

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 pm

hi mianrmm, how's your application coming along? all the best.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:48 pm

cs95tdg wrote:T1G applicants do not need to provide an employer letter to confirm annual leave or business related absences. You just need to list them under 6.2 & or a spreadsheet of your own. You would leave 6.3 blank, as it it N/A to you. 6.4 asks when you LAST entered the UK, not FIRST. Therefore what would be applicable here is 3rd Feb 2012 from your post.

Hello cs95tdg,

I thought that Tier-1 General falls under the BOLD part below, does it not?

Thanks.

Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying
under Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion); Tier 2
(Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except Highly
Skilled Migrants.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu May 30, 2013 10:34 pm

happyguy82 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:T1G applicants do not need to provide an employer letter to confirm annual leave or business related absences. You just need to list them under 6.2 & or a spreadsheet of your own. You would leave 6.3 blank, as it it N/A to you. 6.4 asks when you LAST entered the UK, not FIRST. Therefore what would be applicable here is 3rd Feb 2012 from your post.

Hello cs95tdg,

Thanks.

Skilled Migrants.
The immigration rules for T1G applicants have changed since I made the above post. Now T1G applicants are required to provide an employer letter to confirm annual leave or business related absences whereas before they did not. Please see the latest rules & guidance rather than my original post which is 4 months old now.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:34 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
happyguy82 wrote:

Hello cs95tdg,

Thanks.

Skilled Migrants.
The immigration rules for T1G applicants have changed since I made the above post. Now T1G applicants are required to provide an employer letter to confirm annual leave or business related absences whereas before they did not. Please see the latest rules & guidance rather than my original post which is 4 months old now.
Hi thanks for your reply, yes your post is more than 4 months old however it's still after December 13 2012. Are you saying that the rules have changed again since then? This isn't fair to T1G holders as they might have gone on unpaid holidays in the past not knowing this will be applied in the future. Is there a solution to those affected?

Thanks again.