ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting visa - When to apply.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s_a_n

Visiting visa - When to apply.

Post by s_a_n » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Gurus,

Can you help me on this please? I am applying for visitors visa for my father in law and mother in law. I would like them to come here in Apr 1st week and stay until Sep mid.

Can I apply for visa now or should I apply in March? If I apply now will they give VISA from Feb itself or from requested date (i.e., 1st Apr.).
I am applying early just to have enough time for my wife (she is carrying) to fly to India in case of any rejections.

I have read below in UKBA site and I believe they should give the VISA from Apr 1st. But I would like you to share your knowledge and experience.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... gname=null
When to apply
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. We strongly advise you not to confirm your travel arrangements until you have received your visa. To find out how long we usually take to process your type of visa, see the Visa processing times page.
Regards,
s_a_n

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Visiting visa - When to apply.

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:31 pm

s_a_n wrote:Gurus,

Can you help me on this please? I am applying for visitors visa for my father in law and mother in law. I would like them to come here in Apr 1st week and stay until Sep mid.

Can I apply for visa now or should I apply in March? If I apply now will they give VISA from Feb itself or from requested date (i.e., 1st Apr.).
I am applying early just to have enough time for my wife (she is carrying) to fly to India in case of any rejections.

I have read below in UKBA site and I believe they should give the VISA from Apr 1st. But I would like you to share your knowledge and experience.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... gname=null
When to apply
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. We strongly advise you not to confirm your travel arrangements until you have received your visa. To find out how long we usually take to process your type of visa, see the Visa processing times page.
Regards,
s_a_n
Normally, if they are planning to come in April, you shouldn't be applying this early. Also, why are you worried about rejection?
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

s_a_n

Post by s_a_n » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:44 am

Thank you vinitmanu.

I don't think it will be rejected but if it happens then my wife would not be able to travel to India and there will be nobody to support us here. So, I wanted to apply early so she has enough time to leave to India in a worst case scenario.