ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to do after an EEA FP is granted?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FlyLw
Newly Registered

What to do after an EEA FP is granted?

Post by FlyLw » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi guys,

Let's say hypothetically that the EEA FP is granted for an applicant, what else needs to be done after the husband/wife arrives in the UK?

For example, must the applicant apply for biometric residence permit? The application was submitted after in mid-December 2012 so the biometrics were part of the application but is the 'Biometric residence permit' something separate from this? How will the applicant acquire one?

Etc.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:52 pm

After arriving in the UK, you may, optionally, apply for a residence card (there are no biometrics involved).

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 am

Although applying for a Residence Card is optional, life without it can be very cumbersome.
So it is highly recommended to apply as soon as possible (using form EEA2) and don't wait until you are near or past the expiry date of the EEA FP.

yamcheka

Post by yamcheka » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:21 pm

needs advice... pls read next post..
Last edited by yamcheka on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never give up!

yamcheka

Post by yamcheka » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:22 pm

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:21 am Post subject:
hello guys,

i arrived in the uk dec2012 and i have not applied for the rc yet. my husband is a Hungarian, working in the UK for about 7 yrs almost 8 years. we are married for 6 yrs but got problem with the eea fp so that why i just got here in the UK recently.

i am working on my application with the rc but hesitant at the same time. what are the things i should submit with my application? all i have is my National Insurance number. we dont have joint acount yet, i dont have any bank account yet, no job, no joint tenancy agreement, or any sort of evidence that we are in subsisting relationship. all i have are photographs from his visits in the Philippines within the 5 year period since the marriage. i left the moneygram receipts which showed that he was supporting me while we were not together, and plane tickets from his visits to Philippines even the mails. everything i left it in the PHILIPPINES. i submitted those when i was applying for the EEA Family permit..

can anybody advice me? Does our marriage certificate both from Philippines and Hungary and some photographs enough to prove our relationship? do these original documents be returned upon the approval of the RC?

Please post opinions and experiences. thanks.
Never give up!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:31 pm

Marriage certificate is enough. You don't need to prove your relationship. I don't think anyone can call a 6 years marriage a sham marriage.

You don't need bank statements or tenancy agreement or NI number. Check the form for the required evidence. What you need to prove is that your husband is exercising treaty rights (or if he has obtained PR already, prove that he has PR).