ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query: new rules on absence outside UK.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie_2013

query: new rules on absence outside UK.

Post by newbie_2013 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi All

I will keep it short and simple.

I know the ILR rules from 13th december 2012 clearly states there shouldn't be any absence for more than 180 days per year outside UK.

Now I have a 85 day absence in a calendar year (not continuous, just all together). So do I need to provide the details of these 85 days? I am under the impression that as long as it is less than 180 days/year you don't need to provide the details. I ask this because these 85 days absence are due to frequent commutes between UK and europe on an agreed project (non-uk based). In other words I am living in the UK but was working on a project outside UK during the week days and returning back home every weekend for that time.

Thanks a lot

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:11 pm

Just keep a summary list of absences handy. Date out/date in/ days out/reason is sufficient. Better to have one handy than to have an explanation of.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:37 am

Thanks wpilr for the response. Yes I did have them documented. My only concern is since this 85 day absence is due to a work outside of UK. Hope this doens't affect much.

regards