ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Senior member/Moderator: Please help - in serious trouble

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajeevanand

Senior member/Moderator: Please help - in serious trouble

Post by rajeevanand » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:12 pm

This is what happenned to me -

1. I was on a work permit and my visa was due for renewal on 31st Dec 2006.

2. My company filed a WP1X application online around 5th Dec 2006. I suggested to them that FLR is also required. But my senior in the company thought we have to file FLR only after WPX was approved.

3. Despite my request atleast 4 times, my FLR was not filed. My company said that the home office case worker told him that until WP is approved, not to send FLR. They also said it was ok to continue working until a decision is made.

4. 31st Dec 2006 passed. I continued to work based on my comapny's assurance.

5. Since I was qualifying for HSMP, I wrote to the home office to check if it was ok to submit a HSMP application when WP1X was in process. They confirmed that I can make an initial application.

6. I got in touch with an immigration consultant to make a fool proof HSMP application. After hearing my FLR story, she suggested we file for a FLR(HSMP) immed alongwith HSMP appln. She collected all documentation. She said P60 was not required as it covered only 3 months. HSMP alongwith FLR was submitted on 23rd Jan 2007.

7. On 26th Jan, my company received a letter from WP team saying that it
was rejected because my company could not prove it was also offering services apart from personnel. 28 days were given for appeal.

8. My company did nothing about the appeal. I was asked to stop work by the client from 26th Jan. So I stopped.

9. Meanwhile, my HSMP was rejected on 13th Feb for want of P60 and bcoz they were unable to verify earnings for 6 months. Salaries for these months were paid by chq and hence company name was not printed on the bank statements. For some reason, they ignored the income statement on company letter head which said I earned xxxxx during the last 12 months.

10. On 16th Feb, the FLR team sent a rejection letter. The reasons for rejection (a) HSMP failure (b) My visa expired on 31st Dec 2006 and my application was submitted on 29th Jan 2007 and hence I'm not supposed to have stayed here. They have mentioned 'No right to appeal'. They have also sent my passports to an enforcement team. I dont know what happens here.

Sorry about the long story, but it's a complicated situation.

I need some advice in this situation becuase all this has happenned for no fault of mine. It's simply bad time. Added to this, I have also bought a flat. The completion happenned in Jan 2007.

Can you guys help me with some ideas ? Is there an option to appeal in my situation, since I now own a flat and have to pay mortgage as well. If yes, who is the right authority to contact?

Your advice will be much appreciated.

1. Would like to know, if there is an option to appeal this decision thru a solicitor
2. Is it better to leave the country and come back ? Do you foresee any issue with EC ? I have all communication related to my case above ? Do you suggest I use them during EC assuming my HSMP will come thru ?

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Rajeev

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Hi

Is there anyone who can advice me on my problem.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:55 pm

Ok, here's is best solution for you (from my perspective).

Leave the country on the next available flight. And then think of coming back on a different visa.

It is purely a waste of time to sort this out while you are here and I dont see any grounds on which you can do anything further on any of your applications as you do not have any valid leave at the moment.

I am sure, you will be able to come back to the country (be it on WP, HSMP), but first you need to leave the country ASAP.

British

Post by British » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:10 pm

As for the current status, i think you are still legal in this country for 28 days from 16th Feb. Any more than that will be illegal stay.

This is because you applied for your HSMP when your WP was being considered, which means as of the date of your HSMP application, your status is frozen on your WP status (ealier LTR).

So the time of new 28 days comes into effect from the date of your HSMP rejection letter, and not the date of your WP consideration failure.

That's what i think, so i will base my further comments based on that.

But wait for John and others to see what they say on this point. If they say this above theory of mine is wrong, then you may want to ensure that with HO and get going with your life - i.e. fly back home ASAP.
Meanwhile, my HSMP was rejected on 13th Feb for want of P60 and bcoz they were unable to verify earnings for 6 months
Since you are currently legal in this country (at least for a couple of more days), why don't you re-apply, since your rejection was anyway because of want of P60 which you did not supply earlier on.

That way, if your HSMP succeeds, you are fine to continue and your life could completely change again! :-)

Its a blessing that you cannot appeal :-). No worries, just re-apply - a fresh HSMP application. :-)
Since you are in status (28 days rule), you can do that.

But i take it you cannot apply now, since your passports are with enforcement team. I don't know what that team is all about.

But can you chase up on that and ask them to give your passports back soon, so you can re-apply for your HSMP. Your time is running quick, so do it soon!

If that new HSMP fails, then you will have to go back to your home country, but lets not think about that scenario now. Use the legal stay time that you currently have (until March 17th?) to apply for a fresh HSMP application.

If my theory is correct about the dates, then you are legal in this country for some more days, so there is nothing to stop you from applying for a fresh HSMP.

Go, get your (and your family's) passports soon, and get going applying for a fresh HSMP.

Ensure you note down clearly why your ealier HSMP failed, and collect all that missing evidence/ information and apply a new application ASAP, this time including your P60.

Best of luck.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:30 pm

Hi British,

It appears that you caught up with the 28 day fact. Here's what the original poster has mentioned
10. On 16th Feb, the FLR team sent a rejection letter. The reasons for rejection (a) HSMP failure (b) My visa expired on 31st Dec 2006 and my application was submitted on 29th Jan 2007 and hence I'm not supposed to have stayed here. They have mentioned 'No right to appeal'.
His FLR was rejected not only because of HSMP failure, but also the timing of making the FLR. He has no valid leave to remain. In other words, even if he got an approval his FLR would have been rejected.

And as far as 28 days is concerened. It is just a myth. It is the grace period given to pack bags and go, not to keep applying for FLR each time you get a rejection letter.

Unfortunately, the only option I see is to go back to home country and then come back again.

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:35 pm

Thanks guys.

I dont mind going back and reapplying for HSMP. Only thing that worries me is EC. Since the home office appears to have only seen that I applied for HSMp and FLR after my leave expired. The FLR team do not know about the WP extn that was in process. If I just go back without justifying my case, will there be problems with EC bcoz they think I overstayed intentionally.

My employer is to blame for this scenario.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:40 pm

I dont see any problems in getting your EC yet ,as you have not over-statyed.

I know it is very hard to leave a country and go back, but the longer you stay, the more you are risking of over staying.

If I were you, I would leave as soon as humanly possible for me. ( Not only to get away from the mess, but the sooner I leave, the sooner I can make a fresh application and the sooner I can come back ).

Hope that helps. Good luck !!

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:52 pm

Thanks webhunter.

I agree with you. Only thing holding me back now are my passports. As I mentioned, the FLR team has sent them to an enforcement office 'Eaton House' in London. Apparently they sent it on 20th, but Eaton House haven't received it yet.

When I called today, they asked me to fax a request letter. I'm not sure why it was sent to enforcement office in the first place. Fingers crossed that they wont put any unwanted stamp on it.

It hurts, purely bcoz I'm not at fault. And my employer simply washed his hands off me.

I hvae faxed the request letter. As soon as I get my passports, I shall leave.

Not sure what to do with my flat. I'll pay mortgage for a couple of months as long as I can hope to come back. If that hope dies, I'll inform the lender to repossess it.

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:36 am

Latest update.

The enforcement office is yet to receive my passports.

The way it works when it gets sent to enforcement office is -

* Call them and confirm they have the passports
* Book your air tickets out of UK
* Take the paper/e-ticket to the enforcement office
* You will have to sign a few forms that you are leaving voluntarily
* They will take a copy of your ticket and arrange a courier to send your passports directly to the terminal on the date you fly.

So, I'm leaving on 7th March.

Thanks guys for all the advice. This forum rocks. I'll be happy to share my experience in future as well.

Cheers
Rajeev