ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NVQ Level 3 equals to BA degree?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emmyta
Newly Registered

NVQ Level 3 equals to BA degree?

Post by Emmyta » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:25 pm

Hi all,

I need to know if a BA degree in political science is equivalent or higher than
NVQ level 3

thanks

Stu13
Newly Registered

Post by Stu13 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:20 pm

There is no comparison between a degree and an NVQ level 3. Level 3 is very basic and a practical qualification. What is the NVQ level 3 qualification you are comparing the degree to?

Emmyta
Newly Registered

Post by Emmyta » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:51 pm

well, i am going to apply for twes and my employer asked if my qualifications meets the nvq level 3. currently i have a ba degree and 1 year experience in foreign trade which is relevant area to my application.

thanks

Stu13
Newly Registered

Post by Stu13 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:24 am

Without knowing the actual job you are going for I would say the degree is a higher qualification but is it the correct qualitfication for the job? The NVQ they are asking for may be slightly different field.

Emmyta
Newly Registered

Post by Emmyta » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:43 am

many thanks for your reply,

the job I am applying for is in the field of foreign trade. I couldn't find any nvq equivalent for this field so I a bit confused.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:53 am

Here is an excellent guide on NVQ's on Wikipedia
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.