ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success 31st Jan@Croydon-Wp holder

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

veji
Newly Registered

ILR Success 31st Jan@Croydon-Wp holder

Post by veji » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi all

Now its my turn to add a thread to this beautiful forum,a silent viewer for almost 6 months with less than 6 posts:)

First of all I would like to Thank wpilr_nov12 & then everyone who contributed to this wonderful forum without which ,i wonder how many of us would end up with the solicitors.

Appointment was at 12:40,on 31st Jan. (Well Rescheduled couple of times,playing with my appointment :;). In fact it was never been a problem for me to book appointments( Solihull & Croydon) /reschedule both,cancelled one.

Arrived at 11:30
-Asked the security if i can go early, well replied back to wait for another 30 mins

-Going around the Lunar house for those 30mins time:)

-Between 12:00 and 12:45 completed -security chk,token given,payment (hsbc ) & Biometric done.

Now a looooong wait starts..

From 12:45 till 4:15 just sitting idle,sometimes sleeping,then looking ard,listening to other's case's,weird thinking in between like what if fire alarms,what if what if... wish if i brought my tab to watch a Bollywood rubbish...in the process my ears became so sensitive , thanks for the poor announcing system , a simple scrolling board shd help, TFL buses got one :)

Finally at 4:15 Token nbr called and window 37,
Nice lady asked 2 questions what for & which category( here i remember wpilr as he got the same q's asked :) )

Gave doc's which she asked for
SET(O)
Photos
Passport
LIUK
Payslips ( 8 months )
Bank statements
Employer ltr( From the forum)
P60's ( She specifically asked for it )
Ignored workpermit original & Holiday summary sheet.
and she is happy to see the photo copies of all the above except Set(o)Form.
and asked me to wait till she calls, i think its better to sit apposite cw window and to know what exactly cw is doing ,which form or doc is looking at...
I really donno why& where ppl get lost in thr dreams while their nbr is called 3-4 times & irritating me & cw's too. :))

The process took around 45mins and finally after 5 hrs of stay in sweet lunar house,thr comes the sweet news...gave ALL the doc's back to me,except the form with a smile said to me congrats :) and then goodbye :(

Below some points might be helpful:

1) I was in dilemma if i have to fill the civil penalty(fare evasion in 2008),last minute thought and did filled 7.3 section( be honest even if not appears in crb, noting wrong in mentioning )
2)Go through section 11 and take what is asked n required, don't take a ton of papers,cartons,boxes..

Finally Organise(2 folders) & keep it simple ( silly).

Any Doubts/help...please proceed...if shy like me, then inbox it :)

All the best for the rest.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 am

congrats mate. thanks for sharing.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:17 am

Congrats well done

diversity

Post by diversity » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 am

P60's for WP holders, Is this a new requirement..

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:11 am

diversity wrote:P60's for WP holders, Is this a new requirement..
Not a requirement stated anywhere, but you should have it in case they ask you to prove economic activity over 5 years specially if you are a 5 yr work permit holder or tier 2 applicant

diversity

Post by diversity » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:12 am

Gagan1986 wrote:
Not a requirement stated anywhere, but you should have it in case they ask you to prove economic activity over 5 years specially if you are a 5 yr work permit holder or tier 2 applicant
Yeah makes sense to have it as a back up...thanks gagan.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:24 am

diversity wrote:
Gagan1986 wrote:
I wasn't asked for one and so as few of my friends. But others on this forum have been asked for P60's. if you don't have p 60s there is a sticky note on this forum how to get them

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:
diversity wrote:
Gagan1986 wrote:
I wasn't asked for one and so as few of my friends. But others on this forum have been asked for P60's. if you don't have p 60s there is a sticky note on this forum how to get them
Hi! Gagan 1986

You were not asked to provide P60s. CW was admiring your Business Suit and how smart you looked.. Thanks for your advise will contact HMRC on Monday.

It all depends on your Application ,if the CW feels comfortable with it, you are o.k. Other wise they themselves can do the HMRC checks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:36 pm

CONGRATULATIONS veji. Many thanks for sharing your Experience.