ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling abroad while appllication in process

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluemo
Newly Registered

Travelling abroad while appllication in process

Post by bluemo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:07 am

Hi everyone, I came to UK as a visitor, at age of 14 and half, on 18th feb 1999. After couple of months I started going to secondary school, without getting permission from Home Office. After 5 years when I completed GCSE through paid boarding school, with 3A*, 2 As and 1 B, I made an application to Home Office, asking for permission to settle in UK and continue with my study. After 5 years of waiting they gave me 3 years of 'Discrmitionary leave to remain'. I completed A-levels and 2 years of university during those 5years. So before that discrimitionary leave was to expire on 8th March in 2012, I applied for extension on 15th of Feb 2012. They returned my application after 5Weeks, because I applied in the wrong form. Then I applied again with the right form and they asked me to give my finger prints in October and so I did, and I am still waiting to hear from them.

But now my mother is extremly ill with cancer in Bangladesh, and I really want to go and be with her in the last moment of her life. But my application is still in process, what can I do now, as I have set my life here and I want to come back.

Any advice would be really appriciated
Thank you.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:05 am

Normally, if you request return of your passport to travel outside the UK, your application will be treated as withdrawn. See this page (51) of UKBA's caseworking instructions for further info:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

It does also suggest that if you obtained a fresh passport and left the UK on that, your application would not be treated as withdrawn, but you would of course have no visa for return to the UK. Whether you could subsequently be granted a visa on the basis that your in-country application had been granted, I don't know.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:36 am

You could write to UKBA explaining that your mother is very ill and asking for your application to be expedited on compassionate grounds. For this to succeed you'll probably need to provide some evidence of your mother's health status, e.g. a letter from her doctor or hospital (in English or with English translation). Good luck.