ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding extension 50K and 2 jobs possible?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:32 am

It is not mandatory for the director to pay him/her self, if it is a limited company, a route I strongly recommend then money can be withdrawn as dividends providing you are making plenty.

Any resource, human (not directors pay) or not can be considered part of the operating cost i.e. investment.

Bear in mind regular business activity is going be paramount at the time when you apply for an extension, few large amount transactions here and there over three years may cause a concern for UKBA.

...and always remain vigilant for new rules

Ahmed25

Post by Ahmed25 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 am

Being a director I think I can pay salary to myself and also withdraw money as dividend and it should count as investment. As per my visa I can legally work for my company so why cant I pay salary to myself. The point HO mentioned is I think spending money on dependent from the investment funds and yes it makes sense but the salary point definitely not.

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:19 am

Ahmed25 wrote:Being a director I think I can pay salary to myself and also withdraw money as dividend and it should count as investment. As per my visa I can legally work for my company so why cant I pay salary to myself. The point HO mentioned is I think spending money on dependent from the investment funds and yes it makes sense but the salary point definitely not.
I am not sure of this as I had mentioned previously in this thread regarding the reasons. Pasting the relevant part of documentation again -
"If you already have leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) we may curtail your leave if the funds you have used to apply cease to be available to you (unless you have spent them in the establishment or running of your business or businesses). ‘Spent’ excludes spending on your own remuneration."
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Avinine86
Newly Registered

50K investment in Share market

Post by Avinine86 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi Guys,

Would any of you be able to let me know if I could invest the 50,000 £ amount into buying shares of public listed UK companies and still be eligible for an extension after 3 years ?

Thank you

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: 50K investment in Share market

Post by rehan01 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Avinine86 wrote:Hi Guys,

Would any of you be able to let me know if I could invest the 50,000 £ amount into buying shares of public listed UK companies and still be eligible for an extension after 3 years ?

Thank you
buying shares of public listed UK companies not a problem .... but what will be your role in that company? (eg Director)

regards

Avinine86
Newly Registered

Post by Avinine86 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:22 pm

rehan01 wrote:

Thank you
buying shares of public listed UK companies not a problem .... but what will be your role in that company? (eg Director)

regards
I'd run my IT services company but I will not be able to invest the entire amount into my own business. So, I intend to invest from my company into buying shares of other UK public companies.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:17 am

Avinine86 wrote:
rehan01 wrote:

Thank you

regards
I'd run my IT services company but I will not be able to invest the entire amount into my own business. So, I intend to invest from my company into buying shares of other UK public companies.

I doubt it very much that you can claim points for invest of funds via buying shares .... as mention in rules change you have to have access to money on ongoing basis so if you invested 20k than you have to funds available of 30k in your account.

regards