ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CREDIT CHECKS (ILR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TTYL
Newly Registered

CREDIT CHECKS (ILR)

Post by TTYL » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:52 am

Does UKBA run Credit Checks on ILR applicants via tier 1 general?
Will a CCJ for unpaid bills affect my application?

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:50 pm

@TTYL

UKBA don't do credit check and CCJ would not affect your application but two things;
1. You need to show it as Civil Judgment on the form and
2. You need to show proof that you are paying it off or you have paid it off.

UKBA are not too precious about debt as long as it is not recklessly amassed and you are committed to paying off your debt.

8.6 Debt
8.6.1 Police enquiries, or other information, may suggest that an applicant is heavily in debt. Caseworkers should not use this as grounds for refusal if loan repayments have been made as agreed or if acceptable efforts are being made to pay off accumulated debts. But where an applicant deliberately and recklessly builds up debts and there is no evidence of a serious intention to pay them off, caseworkers should normally refuse the application.

TTYL
Newly Registered

Post by TTYL » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:46 pm

Thanks for this.
it was only £733, and i set up a payment plan and have been following through with it.

TTYL
Newly Registered

Post by TTYL » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:28 am

Thanks for this.
it was only £733, and i set up a payment plan and have been following through with it.

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:22 am

@TTYL

It is highly essential for you to keep audit trail of your payments as that will be your proof that you are actually committed to paying it off. Once you have those proofs, I don't see you having any issue with ILR on CCJ basis.
Best of luck

TTYL
Newly Registered

Post by TTYL » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:21 am

sayome_now wrote:@TTYL

It is highly essential for you to keep audit trail of your payments as that will be your proof that you are actually committed to paying it off. Once you have those proofs, I don't see you having any issue with ILR on CCJ basis.
Best of luck
Thanks, my application went through. it was the smotthest operation ever.
No questions asked, nothing. 10mins at the counter and that was it. spent another 40mins waiting at the coffee shop and then I got called to pick up my doc.

I'm so relieved.

Thanks to everyone

TTYL
Newly Registered

Post by TTYL » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:41 pm

sayome_now wrote:@TTYL

UKBA don't do credit check and CCJ would not affect your application but two things;
1. You need to show it as Civil Judgment on the form and
2. You need to show proof that you are paying it off or you have paid it off.

UKBA are not too precious about debt as long as it is not recklessly amassed and you are committed to paying off your debt.

8.6 Debt
8.6.1 Police enquiries, or other information, may suggest that an applicant is heavily in debt. Caseworkers should not use this as grounds for refusal if loan repayments have been made as agreed or if acceptable efforts are being made to pay off accumulated debts. But where an applicant deliberately and recklessly builds up debts and there is no evidence of a serious intention to pay them off, caseworkers should normally refuse the application.

Thanks, I declared the CCJ and specified that is was a civil court judgement for debt and not a criminal offense. allas, no questions asked. I think honesty is the word. Better to declare it than to be found withholding information :)

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:54 pm

@TTYL

Congrats! Enjoy your freedom...

So, the CW didn't even ask for proof that you are paying? That is pretty nice, innit?

Congrats again