ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help - Family Visiting Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Year2012
Newly Registered

Help - Family Visiting Visa

Post by Year2012 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:05 pm

Hello All,

I am trying to apply for the family visit visas for my parent, my partner has ILR currently. I am wondering if there is any financial requirement for my parent ? My parent are retired, so they have some retirement income. I checked the website, UKBA didn't state that how much money the parent should have in the bank for 6 months, so just wondering if anyone here has similar experience can give me some tips, such as the minimum savings they should have to prove that they will go back to their countries after the visiting ?

Thanks for all the helps !

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Please use search facility. You will find lots of thread discussing financial reqirement for visitors.

Year2012
Newly Registered

Post by Year2012 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:42 pm

T1_Mainframe wrote:Please use search facility. You will find lots of thread discussing financial reqirement for visitors.
I tried to search for those information, but I still couldn't find the answer for it. Can anyone here kindly give me a tip about the family visiting visa ? Such as:

1. Financial requirement
2. If the certified copies of the sponsor's passport and biometric card will be sufficient to apply for the family visa.
3. What kind of document can prove that they will return to their country after visiting ? Beside the property document and banking statement ?
4. Does anyone know is there any place I can find the template for sponsor letter ?

Thanks so much for all the helps here !!

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Year2012 wrote:
T1_Mainframe wrote:Please use search facility. You will find lots of thread discussing financial reqirement for visitors.
I tried to search for those information, but I still couldn't find the answer for it. Can anyone here kindly give me a tip about the family visiting visa ? Such as:

1. Financial requirement
If you are sponsoring their trip then you need to include your bank statements and payslips for last 6 months. They need show their passbook or bank statement to show they have savings. Here amount does not matter. What matters is, they have saving and pension is crediting regularly.

2. If the certified copies of the sponsor's passport and biometric card will be sufficient to apply for the family visa.
You only need photo copies / xerox, no attestation required.

3. What kind of document can prove that they will return to their country after visiting ? Beside the property document and banking statement ?
Property documents and regular credit of pensio are good documents to show stronger ties. You can include other documents, say Car ownership document, passport of your siblings

4. Does anyone know is there any place I can find the template for sponsor letter ?
Just write a simple letter saying you are sponsoring their trip, you current visa status, where you work, how long have you been in UK. Enclose Utility bills

Year2012
Newly Registered

Post by Year2012 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:16 pm

T1_Mainframe wrote:
Year2012 wrote:

1. Financial requirement
If you are sponsoring their trip then you need to include your bank statements and payslips for last 6 months. They need show their passbook or bank statement to show they have savings. Here amount does not matter. What matters is, they have saving and pension is crediting regularly.

You only need photo copies / xerox, no attestation required.

Property documents and regular credit of pensio are good documents to show stronger ties. You can include other documents, say Car ownership document, passport of your siblings

Just write a simple letter saying you are sponsoring their trip, you current visa status, where you work, how long have you been in UK. Enclose Utility bills
T1_Mainframe, Thanks so much for the tips. It is really a big help !

In terms of item 1 above, the only thing I concerned is that I don't have the job currently, since I just move to UK, so my partner will sponsor my father to come to UK. Will that be any issue if the sponsor is not his child but partner of his child when apply for the family visiting visa ?

Iterms 3 above is which I worried the most. I am the only one child in the family, and my parent divorced many years ago. He is almost 65 years old, and single. Will that be an issue when apply for the family visiting visa, providing he provides his pension & saving, property and car ownership ? any suggestions of any other document I can provide to add more credits in my situation ?

Thanks so much !!