ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO Next Week- Some urgent questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

genuflexion

ILR PEO Next Week- Some urgent questions

Post by genuflexion » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi All,

Hope we are keeping well there.

I am filling out section 7.11 "How long have you lived in the UK"

Basically, I entered on 6/02/08 and on PEO date 4/02/13, I would have been here in the UK for 5 yrs approx.

To be precise 4 yrs 11 months and 28 days.

What shall I write 5 yrs or 4 yrs 11 months.

Thanks in advance.
gen

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:44 am

Hi Guys,

Hope we all are keeping well there. Please help with this.

In addition to my question above, I also want to ask that I am applying ILR (basis: T1(G)+HSMP) for myself, wife and overseas born child.

However, my 2 ukborn children will be accompanying me as well, both are under 5yrs. Will this cause any problem?

Can the CW show any concern on this? Shall I carry their birth certificates as well? One of them has an expired T1 (G) dependant visa, since I thought I'd apply for MN1 after I get ILR.

Please comment and contribute to my 2 queries (this and the one above).

Thanks in advance.
gen

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 am

Hi All,

Please contrubute to my above 2 posts as I am going in next week for ILR.

Thanks very much for your help in advance.
gen

Gagan1986

Re: ILR PEO Next Week- Some urgent questions

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:14 am

genuflexion wrote:Hi All,

Hope we are keeping well there.

I am filling out section 7.11 "How long have you lived in the UK"

Basically, I entered on 6/02/08 and on PEO date 4/02/13, I would have been here in the UK for 5 yrs approx.

To be precise 4 yrs 11 months and 28 days.

What shall I write 5 yrs or 4 yrs 11 months.

Thanks in advance.
I don't see it as a big deal. You can put 4 years 11 months as technically you won't have completed 5 years at the time of application

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:31 pm

There is a leeway about children and people with children under Section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009! Have a read and see if it may apply to your case.

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Thanks sayome_now. I will look into it.

cs95tdg and other senior members how would you respond to my query about taking children (not applying for ILR) to the appointment.

Both are under 5yrs, ukborn children and I can't drop them anywhere for that long.

Please this is urgent I am going in next week.

Thanks in advance for your time.
gen

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:02 pm

That's totally fine.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:52 pm

As always, thanks very much in advance for your help.

I will be driving and ready to park for all day. Appointment is before 12:00pm, therefore, I think I will most probably be there until 5:00pm.

Do they have enough seating at Croydon?

I will be taking a pram as well. We are five of us going.

Shall I park at "Whitgift Centre", does anyone know any other convenient/ good parking nearby as we are 2 children and one infant.

Perhaps, someone can share their experience.

Please contribute (I am googling as well, however, will welcome any suggestions from ppl who have taken dependants).
gen

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:08 pm

The Croydon PEO is generally very busy, as they process a higher volume of applications on a daily basis. There isn't much seating in the area prior to where they perform security checks. I suspect this is why they ask applicants not to arrive more than 30 mins prior to their appointment time.

But there is plenty of seating once you are inside. There are around 3 floors where they process in-person applications. I was there approximately 2 weeks ago, and I saw applicants who had kids with prams, and a lift service was available to them. I'd say the Whitgift car park is the most convenient option for parking. There is a underpass to cross the road & the PEO is literally just there when you cross.

Good luck with your application tomorrow.

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Thanks cs95tdg,

By the way, I was wondering, do I just need to show the email confirmation of my appointment at the gate tomorrow?

It doesn't even have my full name on it.

It just has my email id to which the email was sent and it gives the number of applicants applying (3 incl myself).

No names of Dependants etc.

Am I missing something here?

Please help cs95tdg, uksettlement and other friends who have been to PEO.

Cheers in advance!
gen

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:56 pm

They'll just ask for your appointment confirmation email or text message (which you may or may not have received) that has your booking reference number on it, when you enter the building. It doesn't matter that your name or dependants names are not on it, as the applicant name never appears on them. You'll need the same printout or booking reference number at the first counter where they check that you have the correct application form, before you get to the payment counter.