ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Check List

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Documents Check List

Post by ilrupdates » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:42 am

Hi dear members now its my turn to put my documents check list on this forum for my ILR Application through PEO service at Solihull in March 2013. Senior members /Gurus please have a look on my documents list and advise if some thing missing.

My visa Details:
In March 2008 Initially was granted HSMP and then got extension under Tier 1 General till March 2013.

I am applying as single applicant and no any dependant is applying with me.

Documents List:

1. Completed SET (O) form version 12/2012
2. Passports (old and new one)
3. UKBA booking appointment print out
4. UKBA Points calculator print out
5. 12months salary slips (Single employer)
6. 12 months Original bank statements
7. 4 Years P60s
8. Life in the UK pass notification letter
9.Original HSMP approval letter
10. HSMP Extension approval letter IS MISSING.
11. UK Driving licence and its Counterpart for proof of address.
12. Employer letter for confirming job etc.
13. Bachelors degree to claim qualification points.

Documents NOT available:

No Council tax bill
No any utility bill
No rent agreement

The reason for not supplying above three documents is that I am living in a shared flat which consists of 4 rooms and I have taken one room on rent. The rent agreement is verbal only with the landlord. The rent includes council tax plus all utility bills but nothing is on my name. although set O Form does not ask for such things necessarily yet people supply council tax or utility bills for cohabitation purpose. As I am applying as single applicant, will I be ok with out these documents please?

Please give your advice.
Thanks

uksettlement
India

Re: Documents Check List

Post by uksettlement » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 am

ilrupdates wrote:
1. Completed SET (O) form version 12/2012 yes
2. Passports (old and new one) yes
3. UKBA booking appointment print out yes
4. UKBA Points calculator print out not required
5. 12months salary slips (Single employer) yes
6. 12 months Original bank statements yes
7. 4 Years P60s not required
8. Life in the UK pass notification letter yes
9.Original HSMP approval letter fine
10. HSMP Extension approval letter IS MISSING. that's fine
11. UK Driving licence and its Counterpart for proof of address. Not required
12. Employer letter for confirming job etc. not necessary
13. Bachelors degree to claim qualification points. Not required

Documents NOT available:

No Council tax bill
No any utility bill
No rent agreement

None of the above are needed are you are applying alone.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:19 am

Thanks dear uksettlement for your reply.
Yes I am applying my own, no any dependant at all.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 am

As a sole T1G applicant the required items from your list are: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 8.

Additionally, 2 photos, photocopies of all supporting documents.

You could take an optional documents file, which contains the following only to be submitted if requested: 7, 9, 13.

You haven't mentioned anything about absences, so I presume you have none that were due to serious or compelling compassionate reasons. If you did then you would need a personal letter and evidence to support them. No supporting evidence or letters are required for Annual Leave & business related absences.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:46 am

Thank you dear cs95tdg for having a look on my documents list and posting your reply.
I have total 210 whole days absences in total five years period. None of the absences is of 90 days in single stretch in any year. All absences are for family visit purpose & are either paid or unpaid leaves. The one longest absence is of 64 days in single stretch due my mother's death and I have got death certificate for it from approved official office of my country. Should I mention this absence under companionate nature or I should mention it as normal family visit just to make the case simple & to avoid from any complication?

More over the death certificate is in dual language i.e in English and local language of my country. So I personally think that I don't need it to be translated again in English. Do I?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:33 pm

At a glance your absences don't look excessive. But do calculate your absences according to the guidance to ensure that you meet the 180 day annual threshold. I.e. The allowed threshold is 180 days within the 12 consecutive month periods during your 5 years.

The choice of whether to list the 64 day absence as just annual leave or one due to serious or compelling compassionate reasons is yours. As you already appear to have the evidence to support it (As the death certificate is in both English and local you wouldn't need to translate it), I'd personally list it as the latter. If doing so, just include a personal letter along with it. I don't think this will complicate your application.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:43 pm

Thanks once again cs95tdg.

it would be better to mention this absence of compelling nature. Will write a personal letter and I would get one additional letter from my employer as well confirming that I was on compassionate leave during that 64 days absence. Plus the death certificate is already there. I hope this evidence would be more than enough.

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:16 pm

One question: Do we need to photocopy the old passport too? What if it does not contain any UK relevant stuff on it?

wanna_bee

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:21 pm

wanna_bee wrote:One question: Do we need to photocopy the old passport too? What if it does not contain any UK relevant stuff on it?

wanna_bee
its better to take photo copies of those pages where your passport number, personal details and signature details exist.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Iltupdates, what you have suggested sounds fine.
Wanna_bee, if you are submitting that passport as evidence, then you should photocopy all used page with personal info. I.e. visa vignettes, stamps, photo page etc..

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks cs95tdg and ilrupdates.

No, I'm not submitting the old passport as any evidence. So I will photocopy only the main pages.

wanna_bee

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:44 pm

wanna_bee wrote:No, I'm not submitting the old passport as any evidence. So I will photocopy only the main pages.
Just to make sure you've understood what I mean't, you only need to photocopy the used pages of the passport(s) you are submitting as evidence. Nothing else. I.e. you do not need to photocopy the main pages of the old passport you are not submitting - if that's what you mean above.