ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ukba uable to take visa settlement fee,what happens now?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haadi
Newly Registered

ukba uable to take visa settlement fee,what happens now?

Post by haadi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:21 pm

hi evryone,am extremely worried through my own stupidity,my wifes visa expired 25th jan 2013,i applied for her ILR on the 21st through hertfordshire settlement checking service,everything was fine until on the 28th just through normal routine i called my bank to find to my horror that i had given to the ukba the wrong card details,to an account in which i had no funds,upon checking with the bank ukba had attempted to take the fee on the morning of the 28th,but due to no funds in that account were unable to,i didnt realise my mistake until 5pm that day,have tried contacting them but unable to get through have tried almost everything that im sick with worry,havent slept or stopped worrying since,its like my worlds fallen apart,everywhere i turn i hit a brick wall,is there anything i can do maybe for example to send a bankers draft,cheque or anything else along them lines,did recieve in the post a generic letter to say that they had recieved the application...please guys whatever advice you can give me would be most appreciated..life unbearble at the moment..is my wife now an overstayer?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:52 pm

they will send the application back with letter that payment didn't clear so its invalid. you may want to print another payment page fill it and the moment it comes post it back special delivery next day.

haadi
Newly Registered

Post by haadi » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:31 pm

thanks for your reply innocent devil,what kind of timeline can i expect ukba to return my applicatiion and lets supposing im nearing my 28 day grace period and with 7 days to go i still havent had them back then what should i do?is there any way i can chase ukba to send back documents sooner

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:09 pm

haadi wrote:thanks for your reply innocent devil,what kind of timeline can i expect ukba to return my applicatiion and lets supposing im nearing my 28 day grace period and with 7 days to go i still havent had them back then what should i do?is there any way i can chase ukba to send back documents sooner
In a week or 10 days time

haadi
Newly Registered

Post by haadi » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:28 pm

thanks z81,so i presume i can stop worrying and will defo get the documents back in 10 to14 days time.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:11 am

haadi wrote:my scenario,applied for my wifes indefnite leave to remain set m before her visa expired on the 25th jan via herfordshire checking service..evrything was fine until i checked with my bank who advised that ukba attemted to take payment but were unable to do so...so i presume my application is invalid,have spoke to various people,some say await the return of you documents..its been 25 days and iv had nothing back.
some are saying as i still have my original documents i should make a fresh application as i still have 28 days from visa expiry..some say await the retun of your initial application and after theyv written to you i have 28 days...which one is it?any advice would be greatly appreciated.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:11 am

Casa wrote:Wait for the return of your documents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:12 am

longshift wrote:
haadi wrote:some are saying as i still have my original documents i should make a fresh application as i still have 28 days from visa expiry..some say await the retun of your initial application and after theyv written to you i have 28 days...which one is it?any advice would be greatly appreciated.
IMO 28 days starts from the time you recieve your documents back. Till that time your visa status carries on under section 3c.

I am not sure if this helps. But I have read on this forum that many of them have sent a letter to UKBA giving them new form of instruction to take the payment. And UKBA has actually tried again. It was mostly for Tier 1 applications as I was checking under that section. You can search it yourself. Good Luck.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:29 am

I don't think that Section 3C will be triggered for invalid applications.

However, submitting new payment details ASAP seems sensible.