ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: SAANJU9

Post by saanju9 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:34 am

majojo wrote:sanjo... yo uare wrong. 10 year is for longer residency. there is a 10 year family route and theres longer residency( which u have to b here for 10 years). but mne is 10 year partner route. so instead of 5 years to settlement t will take 10 years to settlement. home office said so. u can check it from the ministerial statement. that if u cant meet the flrm but u can demonstrate other strong requirements u wil be granted stay on the 10 year partner route which u have to renew 4 times on 2.5 years till settlement.

go to FLR(O) form section 3. it has all the categories there. also on the partners and family category on the website ull fine flrm 5 year route n flr0 10 year route.

Yes Mate thanks for clearing it up.

1 more question: I know u are unable to provide the payslips for more than 3 months and thats the very reason you want to opt to a 10 yrs basis. but were u on a dependent visa now and if so how long were you on this visa???

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:44 am

So there is a lesson learnt for few of us here:

Do not try to save money when dealing with UKBA or any visa services

Ta

Zaaazou
Newly Registered

Post by Zaaazou » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:49 am

Timeline:

Application Sent: 06/07/2012 (next day delivery)
Biometric Done: 30/10/2012
Passport and Biometric card: waiting

I called UKBA 4 times this year.....same answer: "Your application is under review."

:shock:

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:52 am

Xiaozhu wrote:Of course if you can get a doctor to confirm the fact that the application process is causing mental health problems then you may have a case for expedition... I think it'd have to be a pretty strong case though, I have heard that the UKBA can be unsympathetic b*****ds.
of course they are unsympathetic they dont care. The ukba caseworkers are probably playing minesweep while some poor souls application that has been lying there for the past year is gathering dust. The bosses dont want to hire more caseworkers otherwise their bonuses will go down

Ive heard of people go into depression, full emotional breakdowns, even hallucination. I mean you cant travel, work, study you're just stuck at home waiting in anticipation. Its almost recreating solitary confinment. Its good that people have partners and families to keep encouraging them

btnor
Newly Registered

Finally!

Post by btnor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:53 pm

My passport finally came back to me today after 8 months waiting! Thanks so much to this forum and everyone's information which stopped me from worrying about my application. I'd want to share my timeline here hope all the June applicants will receive your documents soon.

Date submitted:30/05/2012
Biometric enrolment: 11/06/2012
Documents recieved: 01/02/2013
BRP: waiting

Btw this entire process is so stressful and to add insult to injury the documents are being sent back in a cheap envelope and 2nd class royal mail. Very appalling and totally unacceptable.
Last edited by btnor on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaolo
Newly Registered

Post by Kaolo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Congratulations to all ....

I am getting excited seing may and june applications being returned now.

My timeline is on skydrive, i posted back in june, and enrolled biometric in august.

The waiting continues ....

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Good to see quiet few people getting their passports back.

Hope Hope Hope

rassell
Newly Registered

Waiting time flr m

Post by rassell » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi.thanks to all.nice to see some ppl getting their visa who applied in may 2012. I also waiting since 8 months,I am so worried about my application ,I applied. On. 30/05/2012, Bio- 05/07/2012. Still waiting , Hope I will get my documents shortly, pray for me all. Plz. Plz. ,. God help us all.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:18 pm

xiaoma wrote:Hi there,
I am the applicant( applied for FLR(M) inside the UK from Tier 1 work visa). my husband is my sponsor and I asked for my husband passport return on the 14th Jan 2013, because he had to travel abroad for a meeting.

UKBA has a specific “return of document request form". The question 3 on the form is "Do you want to withdraw your application:, I put a solid "NO" when I filled in the form.

You can find this form here:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

On the 29th Jan 2013, we received my husband's passport and we were really excited. It means UKBA at least are doing something right.

Also, I did not ask for my passport return, so my passport is still in the UKBA.

My husband is my sponsor and he is British citizen. The only supporting document he sent to the UKBA with my application together is his passport , he does't have a BRP.

I hope it helps:)

Regards,
xiaoma
innocentdevil wrote:xiaoma : you applied on 3 days before I sent my wife's FLR(M) away so we cannot be far away. If yours is sorted this month ideally my wife's should be as well.

When you asked for the ROD, did you explicitly say that you do not want to withdraw application ?

Also, once you ask for ROD, have you just received your passport ? What about Sponsor's passport, BRP etc ??
thanks for that.

shendean

Post by shendean » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:21 pm

innocent devil: only the husbands passport the ukba sent back to her. and her passport still on the UKBA.
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

majojo

saanju9

Post by majojo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:45 pm

hey Saanju hope yo uare good. i was not on dependant. i was from tier 4. and i was able to add my payslips as after graduating and getting your degree you are allowed to work full time. so on that baisis thats how i was able to add my salary and my wifes salary for 3 months. i did go to the poe thinking it was straight forward but i was told i should post it. so am just hoping that all will go well. thats the only thing as i do meet the salary requirements if calculated but just short of 3 more months pay slips and since i ddnt want my visa to expire before the application thats why i applied fort the 10 year partner. hope it makes sense a bit. but all the same fingers crossed and waiting for biometrc letter :? ..

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: saanju9

Post by saanju9 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:59 pm

majojo wrote:hey Saanju hope yo uare good. i was not on dependant. i was from tier 4. and i was able to add my payslips as after graduating and getting your degree you are allowed to work full time. so on that baisis thats how i was able to add my salary and my wifes salary for 3 months. i did go to the poe thinking it was straight forward but i was told i should post it. so am just hoping that all will go well. thats the only thing as i do meet the salary requirements if calculated but just short of 3 more months pay slips and since i ddnt want my visa to expire before the application thats why i applied fort the 10 year partner. hope it makes sense a bit. but all the same fingers crossed and waiting for biometrc letter :? ..
sure mate..it makes more sense...good luck

ocforever
Newly Registered

New Beginning

Post by ocforever » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Hello, Guys!
Finally, All my wait is over!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today I went to the delivery place to collect my BRP as I could not wait till Monday. LOL I am so relieved and I can look for a job and think about my personal life.

My time line is :
Docs. sent: 24th May/2012
Ack. Letter: 06th Jun/2012
Bio Letter: 14th Jun/2012
Docs returned :26th Jan/2013
BRP arrived: 01/02/2013

I whish all the best for you guys and for 2013.

Regards to all.....

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:22 pm

My application reached its 10th month on 27th January and still hasn't heard anything. My grandma died that very same day and I won't be able to go home.. :cry:

homeboi78
Newly Registered

brp recieved

Post by homeboi78 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:28 pm

whitequeen wrote:My application reached its 10th month on 27th January and still hasn't heard anything. My grandma died that very same day and I won't be able to go home.. :cry:
hi all thought i will share some good news with all the good people on this forum.
app sent FLR(M):27/03/12
ackno letter rec;14/05/12
biometrics letter rec:18/05/12
biometrics done:21/05/12
BRP CARD AND DOUCUMENTS recieved:01/02/13.
wishing all members on this forum who are still waiting a GOOD LUCK,and hopefully you will hear some good news!

rwatanabe
Newly Registered

Post by rwatanabe » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:01 am

I don't often post on here but I'd like to share my experience so far.

Applied for spouse visa - June 21st 2012
Biometric taken -End August 2012
Approval letter & documents sent back - February 2 2012
BRP - waiting to be re-delivered on Tuesday Feb 5 2012

During the waiting period, I've written to my local MP, which may or may not have speed up the process.

I'll keep u updated with my BRP

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:35 pm

Hey Guys

I have an update to my case. We have received our documents back today dated 01/02/2013 and approval letter ... Biometric card not yet delivered, waiting...

Our time line below:
Applied : 19th July 2012
Biometric letter: 03 November 2012
Enrolled on: 06 November 2012
Approval letter & documents Returned - 2nd February 2013
BRP - Waiting no attempt was made today.

Surely things are moving quickly .... I sent a letter to MP who was not of much use ... otherwise I have called UKBA 2 times with the usual response.

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:55 pm

So many people getting their documents back!

aksi

Post by aksi » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi,
My wife submitted FLR(M) while I was awaiting decision on SET(O). Now my ILR is approved.
Do we need to send my passport or BRP or both in support of my wife's FLR(M).

Thanks
xiaoma wrote:Hi guys,

I feel like I am not alone when I saw many people are still desperately waiting for their visas.

Please see my timeline of the application below:

Application submitted(FLR(M)): 2nd Nov 2012
Ac letter received: 13th Nov (dated 6th Nov 2012)
Application fee taken: 7th Nov 2012(they are surprisingly quick to charge you and then doing fxxk around)
Request spouse passport: 14th Jan 2013
Biometric invitation letter received: 16th Jan 2013 (dated 11th Jan 2013)
Biometric done in Holborn PO: 17th Jan 2013 (paid £19.20)
Spouse passport returned: 29th Jan 2013 (dated 25th Jan 2013)
Application approval letter: waiting
BRP card: waiting
Document return: waiting
(from Tier 1 work visa)

I called UKBA just after my biometric was done. I was holding the line for 20 mins, a lady finally picked up the phone and said: If I am within 65% of the applicants, then my BRP card will be granted within 4 weeks. If I am not within 65% of the applicants, then it will take longer. Then I asked how much longer if I am not within, she said: you can call us again if it takes above 6 months......... I asked: Can you tell me whether I am within or not. She said:sorry, I cannot tell you.

Anyway, be positive!! finger cross.

Regards,
Tina

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:18 pm

aksi wrote:Do we need to send my passport or BRP or both in support of my wife's FLR(M).
Both
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

xiaoma
Newly Registered

Post by xiaoma » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:51 pm

Yep, both.
aksi wrote:Hi,
My wife submitted FLR(M) while I was awaiting decision on SET(O). Now my ILR is approved.
Do we need to send my passport or BRP or both in support of my wife's FLR(M).

Thanks
xiaoma wrote:Hi guys,

I feel like I am not alone when I saw many people are still desperately waiting for their visas.

Please see my timeline of the application below:

Application submitted(FLR(M)): 2nd Nov 2012
Ac letter received: 13th Nov (dated 6th Nov 2012)
Application fee taken: 7th Nov 2012(they are surprisingly quick to charge you and then doing fxxk around)
Request spouse passport: 14th Jan 2013
Biometric invitation letter received: 16th Jan 2013 (dated 11th Jan 2013)
Biometric done in Holborn PO: 17th Jan 2013 (paid £19.20)
Spouse passport returned: 29th Jan 2013 (dated 25th Jan 2013)
Application approval letter: waiting
BRP card: waiting
Document return: waiting
(from Tier 1 work visa)

I called UKBA just after my biometric was done. I was holding the line for 20 mins, a lady finally picked up the phone and said: If I am within 65% of the applicants, then my BRP card will be granted within 4 weeks. If I am not within 65% of the applicants, then it will take longer. Then I asked how much longer if I am not within, she said: you can call us again if it takes above 6 months......... I asked: Can you tell me whether I am within or not. She said:sorry, I cannot tell you.

Anyway, be positive!! finger cross.

Regards,
Tina

ken2mj
Newly Registered

Post by ken2mj » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:30 pm

rwatanabe wrote:I don't often post on here but I'd like to share my experience so far.

Applied for spouse visa - June 21st 2012
Biometric taken -End August 2012
Approval letter & documents sent back - February 2 2012
BRP - waiting to be re-delivered on Tuesday Feb 5 2012

During the waiting period, I've written to my local MP, which may or may not have speed up the process.

I'll keep u updated with my BRP
Happy days, congratulations. We applied in the same week, I'll be having my face pressed firmly against my front window from now on looking for the postman!

Congratulations to everyone just getting their documents back, I'm suddenly a little optimistic.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
aksi wrote:Do we need to send my passport or BRP or both in support of my wife's FLR(M).
Both
I have a doubt!

While applying for FLR(m) we are quoting ref number of acknowledgment letter saying that we have applied for ILR under long residency and spouse visa is nearing expiry date.

When they can check whether we have applied for ILR with our ref number, why cant they check our ILR approval letter ref number(when we update them after getting it) instead of sending the passport and brp. ?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:50 pm

z18runway wrote:
I have a doubt!

While applying for FLR(m) we are quoting ref number of acknowledgment letter saying that we have applied for ILR under long residency and spouse visa is nearing expiry date.

When they can check whether we have applied for ILR with our ref number, why cant they check our ILR approval letter ref number(when we update them after getting it) instead of sending the passport and brp. ?
Possibly coz they are two different departments. SET(O) is settlement department where as FLR(M) is Further leave. Also many people's lives might've changed since they last made their applications. Having said this, it is our botheration to ensure that they have all the required documents to make a decision.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:26 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
z18runway wrote:
I have a doubt!

Possibly coz they are two different departments. SET(O) is settlement department where as FLR(M) is Further leave. Also many people's lives might've changed since they last made their applications. Having said this, it is our botheration to ensure that they have all the required documents to make a decision.
As i dont have much idea about it, it just a doubt so i raised it, thanks for the info and iam not objecting it.

But UKBA has one database if at all they are in different department.