ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls delete this thread...thank you...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mellow
Newly Registered

Pls delete this thread...thank you...

Post by mellow » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Nevermind...
Last edited by mellow on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Can you just clarify, did you ever actually see your passport endorsed with ilr?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:35 pm

From what I understand you havent even seen your passport being endorsed with an ILR. I think you should take it up with your law form or the lawyer that worked on your case.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Based on what you say here, it appears that you never saw your passport endorsed with ILR, so hence cannot be sure what your current immigration status is. I would make a SAR and request all data the Home Office hold on you, while you chase the solicitor to see if you get anywhere.

See: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:00 pm

The best way out is to get a SAR report as mentioned above by cs95tdg. It will take about 40 days and you will get a clear picture where you stand. Good luck

mellow
Newly Registered

Post by mellow » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 pm

cs95tdg wrote:Based on what you say here, it appears that you never saw your passport endorsed with ILR, so hence cannot be sure what your current immigration status is. I would make a SAR and request all data the Home Office hold on you, while you chase the solicitor to see if you get anywhere.

See: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/
Thank you so much. You've been of great help...
Last edited by mellow on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:31 pm

A SAR is just a request for all data the UKBA/Home Office hold about you. This would be the best way to get the information you are after. As far as I'm aware, making a SAR itself will not cause you any problems.

Without getting the relevant information, you have no way of knowing if you currently have ILR or are an overstayer (or may be have a different immigration status). Based on the information you have provided here, these are the two possibile immigration statuses I see you having (but I may be wrong). Once you get your immigration records from the SAR, you can determine what the next steps should be. E.g. you have ILR, so only need to get your status transfered to a new passport, or enlist the help of a new soliciter to deal with your circumstances if they are found to be complex. The first step has to be a SAR as your former solicitor doesn't appear to have done his job & you have no records with you to refer to yourself.

The only other option is for you to remain as you have been, oblivious of your current immigration status.

mellow
Newly Registered

Post by mellow » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:32 am

Thank you so much. I'll do that.
Last edited by mellow on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:02 am

I find it strange that you would have been granted ilr in the circumstances you describe and stranger that you would go several years without your passport and evidence of your ilr. When was it purportedly granted? Agree with others that you should obtain your SAR.

mellow
Newly Registered

Post by mellow » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Last edited by mellow on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mellow
Newly Registered

Post by mellow » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Oh I have just noticed that this board is mainly for Indian citizens and I am from Mauritius. But I guess the same law applies.

Mela

Post by Mela » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:00 pm

mellow wrote:Oh I have just noticed that this board is mainly for Indian citizens and I am from Mauritius. But I guess the same law applies.
This forum is for ALL immigrants, majority of non-EU immigrants come from India and Pakistan so citizens of these two countries prevail on this forum.

YOu case sounds rather strange to me or may be you you are just not disclosing certain facts of your case.

It seems like you deliberately didnt want to see your passport and didnt want to know what your immigration status was/is now.

How did your solicitor notify you received your ILR, was via post/email/through the phone? WAs he your official legal representative when you were applying? In any case he had no legal right to hold on to your passport. if you didnt pay a fee the norm is that he gives you a warning and if you dont pay he will take you to the court. Solicitors are highly regulated in this country and the whole story just seems bizzare to me.

Anyways, i dont want to make any judgements, but given your situatoion (if all the facts are true) I suggest to speak to good solicitor before you make any steps.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:16 pm

mellow wrote:Oh I have just noticed that this board is mainly for Indian citizens and I am from Mauritius. But I guess the same law applies.
It;s very bad of you trying to be too smart. Didn:t all these people respond to your plight and try to help you. I know a relative of mine who had a same problem like yours and got a new passport,where her solicitor has lost the passport with ILR stamped on it.

Unfortunately I anm not going to tell you how, because of your insulting attitude. It's a waste of time trying to help guys like you,who come with such sob stories.

This Forum is open to any Nationality or race..As long as any one who are not breaking the Immigration Rules and post the truth on this forum, Moderators,Gurus and Members give free and Professional advise. What a looser you are??

mellow
Newly Registered

Post by mellow » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:24 pm

I have no idea what is insulting about my statement. I was just mentioning my nationality; so as there's is no confusion. Why should anyone be offended by someone else's nationality?? Sorry, you've lost me there.:?

I'm requesting the mods to please delete the thread altogether. It was not meant to offend anyone.

I would like to thank everyone who has come forward to help me. I am grateful to you guys. I have now appointed a different solicitor and I am happy with that.

Thank you.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:49 pm

I believe all this was, is a misunderstanding. Hopefully everyone will accept your apology/statement of not intending to offend. I can see both sides of this & do believe the OP did not intend to offend anyone. Comments related to nationality which are irrelevant when it comes to immigration rules, may have been construed incorrectly by others reading your post. It is a sensitive subject similar to one commenting on ones race/religion etc & best left out of discussions where it has no relevance.

OP, it's good to hear you found a solicitor who can help you. And hopefully you have made a SAR for your own peace of mind to get the relevant information first hand, rather than relying solely on your solicitor, however good he/she may be.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 pm

Long story short - Get a SAR report! There is no one who can help, apart from guessing.

mellow
Newly Registered

Post by mellow » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:19 pm

cs95tdg wrote:I believe all this was, is a misunderstanding. Hopefully everyone will accept your apology/statement of not intending to offend. I can see both sides of this & do believe the OP did not intend to offend anyone. Comments related to nationality which are irrelevant when it comes to immigration rules, may have been construed incorrectly by others reading your post. It is a sensitive subject similar to one commenting on ones race/religion etc & best left out of discussions where it has no relevance.

OP, it's good to hear you found a solicitor who can help you. And hopefully you have made a SAR for your own peace of mind to get the relevant information first hand, rather than relying solely on your solicitor, however good he/she may be.
Yes, I have made a SAR on my own and also appointed a solicitor. For now, I'm just waiting for the SAR (takes about 40 days) to find out my status and takes thing further from there.

cs95tdg, you've been of great help to me along with all the others who mentioned the SAR (which I had no idea about). I'm so grateful to you all. Thank you.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Goodluck. Wait patiently for 40 days now, sometimes they can take longer - approx 60 days

mellow
Newly Registered

Post by mellow » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Thanks Gagan. :)