ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need my spouse's consent before I can apply for BC?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alish60

Do I need my spouse's consent before I can apply for BC?

Post by Alish60 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:18 pm

NEED URGENT ADVICE..
I am going to apply for BC as a spouse next week, I have got all the necessary documents but the thing is my wife is separated from me and I do not know where she lives, she knows I am going to apply though cos she gave me all I need, now my question is:
Do I need her consent before I can apply for BC or she being
cognizant of the fact is good enough?

Thanks for your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:45 pm

you dont need her consent. what address did you write on the form for her? do you meet all the requirements and residential and absence criteria?
you will need to send her british passport with your application. are you using ncs to submit?
seperation is fine, my application was successful and i am seperated from my husband so you will be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:13 pm

CR001 wrote:you dont need her consent. what address did you write on the form for her? do you meet all the requirements and residential and absence criteria?
you will need to send her british passport with your application. are you using ncs to submit?
seperation is fine, my application was successful and i am seperated from my husband so you will be fine.
Thanks for the reply, I am going to put her mom's address cos that is where she use to live permanently. I have a certified copy of her passport and a copy of her Naturalization certificate from national archive, I rang the NCS and they said the certified copy is good enough,the naturalization certificate is enough on it's own.I have not been out of the UK since I came on 28th Jan 2010. I also have a full CRB check certificate done by NHS dated 31 Jan 2013 as I am employed by NHS now as a Biomedical Scientist, do you think I should include that in order to make the procedure quicker?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 pm

yes you can include that crb. have you got your marriage certificate?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:28 pm

CR001 wrote:yes you can include that crb. have you got your marriage certificate?
Yes I do, actually I have: The marriage certificate,life in the UK pass certificate, filled application form, My passport with ILR in there, her copy of passport and naturalization certificate and the reference form signed bby my GP and my moms friend who is 54, British citizen knowing me for 23 years.is there anything missed out? the only thing is my GP has signed and stamped the form but did not put his passport number in there, would that be ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:30 pm

all looks good. not sure about gp passport number but it should be ok.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 pm

CR001 wrote:all looks good. not sure about gp passport number but it should be ok.
Did they contact your ex to ask him about being aware of your application? I am a bit worried mine may mess it up if they call her,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:49 pm

no they didnt but we are on good terms and i know where he is. we also have not started divorce process yet so were fine as seperation is allowed for spouse bc applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:56 pm

CR001 wrote:no they didnt but we are on good terms and i know where he is. we also have not started divorce process yet so were fine as seperation is allowed for spouse bc applications.
well we are not in good term but not a bad one really. we have not started divorce neither legal separation, would you recommend me sending a registered letter through solicitor stating that I am going to apply for BC?
is that a good Idea?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:01 pm

no i dont think that is necessary. i would suggest you apply using NCS though. my approval took 6 weeks and i used NCS as i wanted to keep my original paperwork and passports. i applied in october 2012 and got approval in the november and attended my ceremony in december and had no problems.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 pm

CR001 wrote:no i dont think that is necessary. i would suggest you apply using NCS though. my approval took 6 weeks and i used NCS as i wanted to keep my original paperwork and passports. i applied in october 2012 and got approval in the november and attended my ceremony in december and had no problems.
Congratulations, I have booked and appointment with NCS, the only thing i am not sure about it is whether they accept to include CRB or not?! I have heard it does make different when you apply using NCS, so you have the same idea?!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:14 pm

its fine to include it. ukba do these checks too so maybe a bit less hassle for them :-)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:48 pm

CR001 wrote:its fine to include it. ukba do these checks too so maybe a bit less hassle for them :-)
Thanks a lot.hope I get it soon,I have lots of stress. I was never nervous while applying for ILR. is this one easier that ILR really or harder? maybe it is wrong to compare 2 different matter but just wanna know what your experience says

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 pm

Hard to say. Ilr is based on immigration rules and BC is based on nationality rules. Less documents needed for BC and the most obvious thing is that you can't do BC apps in person at a PEO.

Good luck with your application and let us know what the outcome is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:21 am

CR001 wrote:Hard to say. Ilr is based on immigration rules and BC is based on nationality rules. Less documents needed for BC and the most obvious thing is that you can't do BC apps in person at a PEO.

Good luck with your application and let us know what the outcome is.
Thanks god you are all here otherwise I would not know what to do, thank you so much for kind and valuable advises. I will be putting a timeline and updating it step by step. Seriously when I get my approval I will sned you a champagne using SD :D