ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls,i need clarification

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

forever4lovy
Newly Registered

Pls,i need clarification

Post by forever4lovy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi everyone, i need clarification concerning my situation. I have studied for 5 years below degree level (ie below level6) before the new rules comes into effect and now studying a 3yrs graduate diploma (level6).My question is that am i eligible to apply for a further 2 years tier 4 visa after the expiration of my current visa.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:25 pm

New rules cover each and every student who are in UK on student visa regardless the year they entered in UK.

You cannot extend your student visa further coz I think 8 years limit will apply in your case.

forever4lovy
Newly Registered

Post by forever4lovy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:41 am

Thanks for the reply. I think the rules states that one cannot spend more than 5 yrs studying at degree level and above which in my case I wouldn't be exceeding.Pls I need further clarifications from senior members and gurus on this forum. Thanks

farhan984
Newly Registered

Post by farhan984 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Deviser wrote:New rules cover each and every student who are in UK on student visa regardless the year they entered in UK.

You cannot extend your student visa further coz I think 8 years limit will apply in your case.
85.This three year limit does not include any time that you spend studying below UK Bachelors Tier 4 Policy Guidance version 12/2012 page 14 of 73
degree level under:
• the student rules that were in place before 31 March 2009; or
• Tier 4 (General) when they were 16 or 17 years old; or
• Tier 4 (Child) when they were aged 17 years or under; or
• any other non Tier 4 category which permits study.

Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf