ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for VISA before expiry but the fee didn't go through

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jr316
Newly Registered

Applied for VISA before expiry but the fee didn't go through

Post by jr316 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello,

I applied for my VISA extension on the 29th of December 2012 and my VISA expiry was 30th December 2012. However, there is still no fee taken out of my account and today is the 8th of January 2013. So I am a bit lost. I only received one general letter from the Home Office on the 4th of January 2013 stating that if there is an issue with the fee you have paid, your application will be rejected and details will be sent to you on how to make another application.

It also stated that you should expect to receive further correspondence from us giving you instructions for the next steps in making your application.

Lets say they have failed to take the fees then I should get my documents back by now but I haven't received them! May I know what game Home Office is playing here?

I read on some website that if their is a problem with the fee payment and your Visa has expired in the process than you are actually considered as an over-stayer!

So if this is true, are they going to count me as an over-stayer from the day my last Visa expired i.e. 30th December 2012 or from the time I am going to receive this stupid letter that they failed to take the application fees out?

Please tell me the consequences of this overstaying stuff as well. Is it really going to effect my future applications, especially my ILR application?

The moment I will get the documents back, I will resend them with a bank draft or something or double checking all the details. This is giving me a lot of turmoil. Please help!

jr316
Newly Registered

So worried.

Post by jr316 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Please reply.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:47 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jr316
Newly Registered

Post by jr316 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks, Vinny but I have already gone through that post. My question is does the Home Office usually take a month to return your documents with this letter stating that your application was invalid or rejected because of non-payment?

If it does then I don't understand why they take so long. That is so unfair!

I am not even sure whether I would be able to matriculate now in the university without my documents. It seems they will keep my documents for a long time now!

And my other query is that my application for the ILR in the future or any other Visa application will be affected by this?

Google7438
Newly Registered

Re: Applied for VISA before expiry but the fee didn't go thr

Post by Google7438 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:35 am

jr316 wrote:Hello,

I applied for my VISA extension on the 29th of December 2012 and my VISA expiry was 30th December 2012. However, there is still no fee taken out of my account and today is the 8th of January 2013. So I am a bit lost. I only received one general letter from the Home Office on the 4th of January 2013 stating that if there is an issue with the fee you have paid, your application will be rejected and details will be sent to you on how to make another application.

It also stated that you should expect to receive further correspondence from us giving you instructions for the next steps in making your application.

Lets say they have failed to take the fees then I should get my documents back by now but I haven't received them! May I know what game Home Office is playing here?

I read on some website that if their is a problem with the fee payment and your Visa has expired in the process than you are actually considered as an over-stayer!

So if this is true, are they going to count me as an over-stayer from the day my last Visa expired i.e. 30th December 2012 or from the time I am going to receive this stupid letter that they failed to take the application fees out?

Please tell me the consequences of this overstaying stuff as well. Is it really going to effect my future applications, especially my ILR application?

The moment I will get the documents back, I will resend them with a bank draft or something or double checking all the details. This is giving me a lot of turmoil. Please help!

Hi mate

I am hussain from manchester
My friend has the same problem
He has not enough mOney in his account and ukba sent his file back and i think they told him to reapply and it took abt 3 weeks to get back his documents from ukba

So i think u will get back ur documents in next few days.
And then u can reapply within 28 days

And when u apply u have to attach ur all documents with latest bank statement
So my advice is plz plz plz
Put money in ur account and keep ur bank statement ready
U have to use ur latest bank statement.

And now ur next question -

Yes u have become an overstayer now

jr316
Newly Registered

No application fees taken and its been 21 days now/ No reply

Post by jr316 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Hello Hussain,

Thank you for your reply. Well, today is the 20th of January and still haven't heard from the Home Office. I have only received a general reply on the 4th of January.

By the way, in your friend's case, was it the bank statement which did not have enough funds or was it the ''Application fees'' which was not taken by the Home Office?

In my case, it's the later. The fees was never taken out and it is still sitting in my account.

I have read about some stuff on overstaying but I am not sure exactly how I am overstaying since I haven't heard from the Home Office. I believe the count starts from the point your have received the actual reply of the Home Office, no?

One more thing, what are the consequences of overstaying in this way because to be honest I never intended to overstay.

And lets say the day I get my documents back and I reapply on the very next day, will that mean I have overstayed for exactly one day? And if yes, what are the consequences for overstaying for one day?

Any advise or clarification will be much appreciated. Cheers!

P.S. I also don't understand why are they taking so long to reply, if they could not take the fees, they should just return my documents .. why are they keeping me in a limbo!

Google7438
Newly Registered

Post by Google7438 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi

I think u'll get ur documents in a week time
And my friend had his bank statement and everything update but when he sent his application to ukba then the next day he took his money out to pay his fee so that's y his application fee could not go through

And when you'll receive ur documents from ukba and you leave the country then you'll not be considred overstayer and if you want to make a fresh application then your application will be considered as a overstayer
And you will have to mention on your application form

I think there's a option on the form like

" do u have a valid legal leave to remain "
Something like that

But if you apply within 28 days after reveiving ur documents then you can get a visa

Hussain

Google7438
Newly Registered

Post by Google7438 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Google7438 wrote:

Hi

I think u'll get ur documents in a week time
And my friend had his bank statement and everything update but when he sent his application to ukba then the next day he took his money out to pay his fee so that's y his application fee could not go through

And when you'll receive ur documents from ukba and you leave the country then you'll not be considred overstayer and if you want to make a fresh application then your application will be considered as a overstayer
And you will have to mention on your application form

I think there's a option on the form like

" do u have a valid legal leave to remain "
Something like that

But if you apply within 28 days after reveiving ur documents then you can get a visa

Hussain

I am trying to ring my friend to get more informatio about his case.

You just reapply after receieving ur documents with all required documents and there should not be any problem

Hussain.

jr316
Newly Registered

Post by jr316 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Wow, thanks, man! God bless you and your friend! Your answer has made me feel a lot better. By the way, I will be moving to a different city soon because my university is there. Should I write a letter to the Home Office that my address will be changing soon?

I prefer to make a call or something to let them know about this but I don't know what number to call on. The number given on the letter is useless because it gives me nothing but verbatim messages. Plus, the address which I will give them is only a temporary address because I need to go to this new city and look for a decent place but in the beginning I will just reside at my friend's place so I am bit confused to what address to give them.

If my application came to London after a certain date then I won't be able to submit my documents on the very next day for sure!

And lastly, since, you said I have overstayed, are their any consequences for overstaying?

P.S. I would be really grateful, if you could answer all my questions this time. Thanks!

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:28 pm

jr316 wrote:Wow, thanks, man! God bless you and your friend! Your answer has made me feel a lot better. By the way, I will be moving to a different city soon because my university is there. Should I write a letter to the Home Office that my address will be changing soon?

I prefer to make a call or something to let them know about this but I don't know what number to call on. The number given on the letter is useless because it gives me nothing but verbatim messages. Plus, the address which I will give them is only a temporary address because I need to go to this new city and look for a decent place but in the beginning I will just reside at my friend's place so I am bit confused to what address to give them.

If my application came to London after a certain date then I won't be able to submit my documents on the very next day for sure!

And lastly, since, you said I have overstayed, are their any consequences for overstaying?

P.S. I would be really grateful, if you could answer all my questions this time. Thanks!
You need to act fast to resolve your address issue. I think the best thing, go to the city you are going to move and find out some good accommodation. Meanwhile you will get you documents back which you can collect and apply with your (another city) new address. You can also set mail re-direction with Royal Mail.

An out of time visa application (after current leave expired) will cause you problems when further issues arise with your visa application. Major one is, you will not be provided any in-country appeal rights if your application refused by any reason.

jr316
Newly Registered

Post by jr316 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 am

Hello Deviser,

Thank you for your reply. I live with a family member at the moment so he can easily mail me my documents to my temporary address as soon as he has received them by next day delivery. Do you think that's a good idea?

Since, I don't have my documents, I don't think I would be able to change my address for my bank statements.

Plus, do you think the Home Office will object if they noticed the correspondence address of a different city? In other words, my address of correspondence and the location of my university will be of two different cities if I took this route.

Lastly, what if I choose to post them a cheque to try and take the fees again along with the CAS letter which was not generated by the university because of Christmas holidays, do you think they will try to take the money out again and just process my application directly without sending the documents back?

Kindly advise.

jr316
Newly Registered

Please reply. This is a bit urgent.

Post by jr316 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Is it a good idea to post the CAS letter along with a cheque to pay the fees as the first time the fees didn't go through? I am planning to write my application reference number with it so that they can take the payment for the right application? However, are they even going to bother because I believe they usually just send the entire application back if the payment has failed?

(I only have one original copy of this CAS letter)

When I submitted my application, I wrote in my cover letter that the CAS will be sent later as the University has only managed to provide me the offer letter because of the Christmas holidays. The university has already contacted the Home Office to receive the CAS number from them but the University hasn't formally sent anything to the Home Office. Only an online exchange of information to get the CAS generated has taken place.

Please do reply.

jr316
Newly Registered

Post by jr316 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm

I got my documents back today with a letter stating that I need pay the fees and reapply because the fee could not be taken. No warning - nothing. Nothing about overstaying or anything.

Do I have to mark the box that I have overstayed in this case? I don't think I have to because the letter does not say anything about overstaying. It's only about not taking the fees and I mean that's ALL its about.

Plus, I applied for my Visa extension before my Visa expiry. Why can't the Home Office just call the candidate the day they are trying to take the payment out? Just like any other business, if a payment has failed, the person should be told so that he can resolve the problem either by providing the details again or just use a whole new debit card or credit card or something immediately, no?

farhan984
Newly Registered

Post by farhan984 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:44 pm

I am not sure that how much maintenance funds you have maintained in your bank account. But remember, UKBA may consider you not having established presence. Just be careful on this point.

Joyous2013

Post by Joyous2013 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:29 pm

jr316 wrote:I got my documents back today with a letter stating that I need pay the fees and reapply because the fee could not be taken. No warning - nothing. Nothing about overstaying or anything.

Do I have to mark the box that I have overstayed in this case? I don't think I have to because the letter does not say anything about overstaying. It's only about not taking the fees and I mean that's ALL its about.

Plus, I applied for my Visa extension before my Visa expiry. Why can't the Home Office just call the candidate the day they are trying to take the payment out? Just like any other business, if a payment has failed, the person should be told so that he can resolve the problem either by providing the details again or just use a whole new debit card or credit card or something immediately, no?
Hi Jr316
Did you get your visa approved. Also did u have to write a covering letter. My son applied for an extension of his visa on 22 August 2013. Other 3 family members also applied at the same time . They had money taken out and have already done their Biometrics but nothing for my son. Your answer will be much appreciated
Joyous