ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

That red book

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered

That red book

Post by 333 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:36 pm

evening

Great site!
Wondering if anybody could help with the following

I am a non EEA coming up to the end of my 5yrs residence permit (spouse is EU national)
Once i get my permanent residence which is valid for 10 years am i able to apply for british passport at all?

cheers

JAJ
Australia

Re: That red book

Post by JAJ » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:01 am

333 wrote:I am a non EEA coming up to the end of my 5yrs residence permit (spouse is EU national)
Once i get my permanent residence which is valid for 10 years am i able to apply for british passport at all?
If your spouse is not a British citizen, you will need to wait 1 year after Permanent Residence before you can apply for British citizenship.

What EU state is your spouse from? Does he or she not plan to apply for British citizenship too?

Also - have you any UK born children, or any children planned in future?

Verbal Kint
Newly Registered

Post by Verbal Kint » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:47 am

Thanks JAJ for the reply
My spouse is Irish and not intrested in the red book.