ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSNI Clerance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp2006

PSNI Clerance

Post by hsmp2006 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:11 am

All

Apologies if it is a duplicate post. I applied for Naturalization on 04 Jan without PSNI certificate. I lived in Belfast during initial 12 months of my stay in the UK. I guess I *may* be asked for PSNI clearance by case worker when rest of the checks on my application are complete.

Will sending an application for PSNI clearance without waiting for UKBA to ask me for the same be useful? Any experiences in this area will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

goldridgeg

Post by goldridgeg » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:05 pm

I had my done, during the application. I was sent a form to complete, the check was sent straight to UKBA. Some applicants didnt even have a PSNI clearance request doing - see Oct thread. Its your call whether you do it early or not.

Here is a link for the form

http://www.psni.police.uk/dat.pdf

mkhan84
Newly Registered

Re: PSNI Clerance

Post by mkhan84 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:41 pm

hsmp2006 wrote:All

Apologies if it is a duplicate post. I applied for Naturalization on 04 Jan without PSNI certificate. I lived in Belfast during initial 12 months of my stay in the UK. I guess I *may* be asked for PSNI clearance by case worker when rest of the checks on my application are complete.

Will sending an application for PSNI clearance without waiting for UKBA to ask me for the same be useful? Any experiences in this area will be really appreciated.

Thanks.
hiya mate who said they will need psni certificate definately? I too was in portrush but didnt submit anything so if u can provide me a sure link they need it i will be sending something to ho

cheers

hsmp2006

Post by hsmp2006 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:48 pm

I've decided to wait since UKBA approved few cases without PSNI clearance. In anycase, if they require, they will send a letter asking for the same.

goldridgeg

Re: PSNI Clerance

Post by goldridgeg » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:37 am

mkhan84 wrote:
hsmp2006 wrote:All

Thanks.
hiya mate who said they will need psni certificate definately? I too was in portrush but didnt submit anything so if u can provide me a sure link they need it i will be sending something to ho

cheers
It does not say anything about needing a PSNI clearance in the notes, but does say say in the case worker guidelines. It is because when a CRB check is carried out, the PSNI computers are not linked to the central CRB database. Hence the extra check (sometimes) needed

Just wanted to add, click below for the caseworker guidelines, pg 128 talks about PSNI clearance,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary