ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Medical Check mandatory for Entry Clearance?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deep_rp

Is Medical Check mandatory for Entry Clearance?

Post by deep_rp » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:58 am

I spoke to the Bangalore VFS. I am told that the medical test is mandatory. The whole process might take 14-20 days. Can anybody who has recently got an EC confirm it?

Thanks
Deepak

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:20 am

Nope .... !

I applied for the visa day before yesterday (26-Feb) and I have already received my passport back today morning with a 2 year visa. No interview and no medical test !!

VFS counsellors are advised to inform the applicants that the process could take as long as 15 working days, and that the applicant may be asked to attend an interview and / or undergo medical examination. Just usual crap !!

regards

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:20 am

Thanks

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:21 am

Hi Deep_rp,

If you want to get your medical done then you can go to Wockhardt which is next door to VFS in Bangalore. They take bout Rs500 and do the whole check up including Chest xray.

VFS info varies from office to office (personal experience). I was asked for medical reports when I landed in Manchester. So better get it done, else you would have to do it here.

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:23 am

Thanks nileshratan.
When I asked if I needed to provide evidence of my stay in UK, he said it was not mandatory and was upto me to provide or not. Is this mandatory?

THanks
Deepak

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:31 am

You should have an address to tell, Immigration Officer when you land here. Thats all.

Take a couple of addresses and phone numbers with you.

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:24 am

In my opinion, evidence that you have arranged for accommodation (even if it for just 1-2 weeks at the time of arrival in UK) goes a long way in getting a positive outcome.

You could get a letter from a friend / relative / acquaintance stating they are ready to / will be accommodating you on your arrival in UK; or you could book at hotel for 2 weeks and attach reservation confirmation along with your EC application (can be booked online; and not difficult to cancel once you get your EC :wink: ).

Personally, I have not heard of a case in India where a visa was granted in absence of accommodation proof of some sort.

regards