ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Extension refusal due to maintenance - Succesfull appeal?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RANDA_Tier1
Newly Registered

T1 Extension refusal due to maintenance - Succesfull appeal?

Post by RANDA_Tier1 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 am

A couple of questions...

Has anyone successfully appealed against a Tier 1 general extension refusal in the UK?
I am being refused on the grounds of low maintenance which was my own mistake. I have been given the right to appeal. I was asked for further statements prior to my case being decided. I sent them more statements, althout outside the range to be considered(showed more than 90 days), but I also sent them my mother's statements.

This didn't make any difference. They've told me although they've considerd my mother's statements, my name isn't on them. This was a foreign statement from an EU country. Although my name isn't on the account, I have something similar to 'power of attorney' on my mother's account.
I didn't include this document in my original application. Not sure if with appeal it will make any difference.

But has anyone had any success in appealing a Tier 1 refusal based on low maintenance? I've worked for the same company for 5 years but did not yet qualify for ILR due to 2 years being on a post graduate work visa.

Also if you've been refused Tier 1 extension while employed, how did you deal with your employer? I am really loathing Monday now as Just got my letter yesterday?

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randa

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi Randa,

sorry to hear abt your case.i am researching abt this topic as well as I suspect I will be in the same situation and happy to share any info I will hv .

can u answer some of the questions plz?

when did u apply? ahow short were you on the maintenace requirement and how were you contacted by UKBA and how many days where given ?

really appreciate if u can share some info.

thanks.