ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization application for my wife

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vijayg

Naturalization application for my wife

Post by vijayg » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi,

My wife and myself got ILR in Feb 2012.

I have completed 5 years in the UK. My wife entered UK in July 2009 and has completed 3.5 years in the UK.

We are planning to apply for British Citizenship/Naturalization in 2nd week of February 2013.

Can my wife apply for Naturalization together with me? Coz, I read in the application guidelines that the Partner should have met 3 years residency requirements - "lived in the UK for at least the last 3 years and married/Civil Partner to a British Citizen".

I am not a British Citizen yet. So, is my wife eligible for Naturalization/British Citizenship? Can we apply together or I should I apply first, get Naturalized and then apply for my wife later separately?

(FYI... We had applied and just received the British Passport for our new baby this week).

Your help on this is much appreciated.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:38 pm

she would only qualify as spouse of bc and 3 year rule once you have been approved and attended your ceremony where you receive you naturalisation certificate. even if you made a joint application, they would not consider hers at the same time as yours. i would say the safest way would be to do yours and then your wifes once you have attended your ceremony.
there was a post in the last week with the same scenario, will post link for you if i find it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:02 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vijayg

Post by vijayg » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:47 pm

Hello CR001,

Thank you very much for your response and the link. It was very useful.

I also did go through the helloimran's case in the link that you had provided.

So, it is obvious that I have to get BC first and as soon as I get the Naturalization Certificate, I have to apply for my wife.
(Hmmmmmm.... looks like it's UKBA's strategy to make money!)

Just a quick question. Instead of depending in NCS, if I bypass them and apply for my wife and myself together, will our applications be successful?

Pleases share your thoughts.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:06 pm

it makes no difference if you post or use ncs! only difference is with using ncs you get to keep all you original documents.
whichever way you apply, the application is decided by the ukba and the same requirments need to be met.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vijayg

Post by vijayg » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks for your quick response CR001. It makes perfect sense now.

I will apply for BC 1st and then apply for my wife after I receive the Citizenship certificate.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 pm

you are welcome and good luck with the last stage of the process. my BC app took six weeks till i got approval letter.
keep us updated on your progress.
best wishes
char
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vijayg

Post by vijayg » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi Char,

Thank you very much indeed for the information. I will apply for BC as soon as I am eligible.

Sure.. I will keep you posted on the status of my application.

Many thanks.