ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help Passport enquiry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hatewaiting
Newly Registered

Please help Passport enquiry

Post by hatewaiting » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Countersignature forget to write his passport number and my application checked and send using post office , I guess they did check it very quick, but now I need help should i contact IPS to give them my friend passport number or should i wait .

This is regarding my passport application

need to know what to do next. Thanks to everyone will help

barnaby

Re: Please help Passport enquiry

Post by barnaby » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:49 pm

hatewaiting wrote:Countersignature forget to write his passport number and my application checked and send using post office , I guess they did check it very quick, but now I need help should i contact IPS to give them my friend passport number or should i wait .

That defeats the purpose of "check and send". You should ask for a refund!

hatewaiting
Newly Registered

Post by hatewaiting » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:04 pm

i don't need a refund i need to get my new passport with no any problems but should i call IPS and explain or should i wait until they call me or contact my friend.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:11 pm

hatewaiting wrote:i don't need a refund i need to get my new passport with no any problems but should i call IPS and explain or should i wait until they call me or contact my friend.
I think you should contact IPS. As I understood, one of the essential criteria for passport was that the countersignatory has to be British.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

hatewaiting
Newly Registered

Post by hatewaiting » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:18 pm

He is a British but he forget to write his passport number

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:28 pm

hatewaiting wrote:He is a British but he forget to write his passport number
I suggest you contact IPS and explain the situation. I had to contact IPS for a completely different query and found them to be very helpful.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

trs2011
- thin ice -

Re: Please help Passport enquiry

Post by trs2011 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:27 pm

hatewaiting wrote:Countersignature forget to write his passport number and my application checked and send using post office , I guess they did check it very quick, but now I need help should i contact IPS to give them my friend passport number or should i wait .

IPS is a fantastic organisation , they would help you with no problems . Its most likely they will return your application for you to complete it meaning your counter signatory has to write their passport number . As someone said before , he was right that you should get your refund because this should have been detected by the check and post service , the main idea behind it anyway . That was poor service by your post office .

hatewaiting
Newly Registered

Post by hatewaiting » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Thanks guys that's what I will do first thing on Monday I will go to the post office and try to refund my money thanks again