ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nats

congrats. stucked

Post by nats » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 am

congrats to all those who got their ILR.. seems like they were processing June applications in January.. Now I hope they will process July applications in February.
My wife was doing full time job to financially support me a I was on student status and doing part time job was not enough for us.. My baby born last year with some health issues and disability and need full time attention and care.. But for meeting our expences my wife has to join her job back again after maternity leave.. Now my baby is not getting adjust without her. and I dont have any other family member for baby care. and special care nurseries are too expencive to afford.. I have started full time job and waiting for decision from HO. All depends on HO and my Employer if I get permanent there. My wife can't resign from job until I get some confirmation regarding my job. Now we are stuck due to delay in ILR and my baby condition. I have asked my solicitor to write a letter to UKBA or to approach MP but he asked me to wait as ILR usually taking 7,8,9 months.
I was thinking to approach MP myself regarding this. Should I inform MP with whole situation without my solicitor help as he will simply ask me to wait? Where and How to contact m MP. Any suggestions that this will be helpful in my sitation?

Graceofgod

Re: Grievance

Post by Graceofgod » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 am

Pari_in_kwest wrote:Just to let you know all that my mother passed away last night. I couldn't even say good bye to her and not sure if I will get to see her before my family criminate her.
I am extremely sorry to hear what happened and my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. May god give you strength to overcome with this pain.
May her soul rest in peace. It is extremely disgraceful that UKBA does not care about people's life and emotions.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: congrats. stucked

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:31 am

nats wrote:Where and How to contact m MP. Any suggestions that this will be helpful in my sitation?
Use this link to search for your MP and draft your request. Its a usual email explaining the situation and state that you've now crossed the standard waiting time and your personal circumstances. Every individual is different and have different history. So, I wonder if a generic template would serve.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Return of Documents Request

Post by saanju9 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:58 am

Hwima wrote: Hi

No she wasn't applying for anything. Just the lawyer I consulted who advised that I submit everything/anything I could get hold of including that. Yes the application is set(o) 10 yr long residence. Thanks
Hi

there is no need for for her documents if your applying for 10yrs Long residency. there are some id***s who will say get hold of every documents and put them into a rugsack and ship it to the home office. And possibly this could be the reason some applications get delayed in making decision.

The answer to your question is, for your 10yr Long Residency the only documents they (UKBA) need is: your Passport/passports
LIUK certificate and BRP residence permit

They don't need to know what your wife's status is or her supporting documents. So you (i think the owner of the documents has to do it) can ask her documents back

Saanju

aksi

Post by aksi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:53 pm

nats wrote:congrats to all those who got their ILR.. seems like they were processing June applications in January.. Now I hope they will process July applications in February.
My wife was doing full time job to financially support me a I was on student status and doing part time job was not enough for us.. My baby born last year with some health issues and disability and need full time attention and care.. But for meeting our expences my wife has to join her job back again after maternity leave.. Now my baby is not getting adjust without her. and I dont have any other family member for baby care. and special care nurseries are too expencive to afford.. I have started full time job and waiting for decision from HO. All depends on HO and my Employer if I get permanent there. My wife can't resign from job until I get some confirmation regarding my job. Now we are stuck due to delay in ILR and my baby condition. I have asked my solicitor to write a letter to UKBA or to approach MP but he asked me to wait as ILR usually taking 7,8,9 months.
I was thinking to approach MP myself regarding this. Should I inform MP with whole situation without my solicitor help as he will simply ask me to wait? Where and How to contact m MP. Any suggestions that this will be helpful in my sitation?
No harm in contacting your MP, I did the same after 3 months (in November) due to work related commitments. My ILR is approved this week, will post details later but I'm August applicant. Better talk to your MP in person and explain the situation. I wrote to UKBA as well at time, though they refused to expediate then

nats

Post by nats » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:13 pm

thanks Damanishallo. I will write to MP with the situation. For UKBA reference what additional details should i provide to MP. My case reference number only?
Damanisshallo wrote:
nats wrote:Where and How to contact m MP. Any suggestions that this will be helpful in my sitation?
Use this link to search for your MP and draft your request. Its a usual email explaining the situation and state that you've now crossed the standard waiting time and your personal circumstances. Every individual is different and have different history. So, I wonder if a generic template would serve.

naqeeb

Post by naqeeb » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi Aksi,

Congrats on u getting ur BRP. I wrote to my mp and after his involvement my case has been expedited on 23/1/13 due to my father ill health, am an august applicant as well. Can you let me know how long it took to receive passport after ur case was expedited.

Thanks

No harm in contacting your MP, I did the same after 3 months (in November) due to work related commitments. My ILR is approved this week, will post details later but I'm August applicant. Better talk to your MP in person and explain the situation. I wrote to UKBA as well at time, though they refused to expediate then[/quote]

nats

Post by nats » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks Aksi and many congrats. Did you requested MP to ask UKBA just for processing your application fast or approving your ILR or u also requested to provide with any letter in meantime as proof of work? If u dont mind can u send me some details from ur letter or a copy so i can get little help in writing to MP?
aksi wrote:
nats wrote:congrats to all those who got their ILR.. seems like they were processing June applications in January.. Now I hope they will process July applications in February.
No harm in contacting your MP, I did the same after 3 months (in November) due to work related commitments. My ILR is approved this week, will post details later but I'm August applicant. Better talk to your MP in person and explain the situation. I wrote to UKBA as well at time, though they refused to expediate then

Pay

ILR Rejected

Post by Pay » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Guys my ILR was rejected in August 12 with no right of appeal , could i ask for reconsideration now after 6 month?

aksi

Post by aksi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 pm

[quote="nats"]Thanks Aksi and many congrats. Did you requested MP to ask UKBA just for processing your application fast or approving your ILR or u also requested to provide with any letter in meantime as proof of work? If u dont mind can u send me some details from ur letter or a copy so i can get little help in writing to MP?

I met personally my MP, with a written request to contact UKBA to expidite processing of my case and provided copy of my letter+letter from employer that I posted, faxed and emailed to UKBA . Will provide you text that I used. But in your case any documents to show you needs to work & not your wife like child health etc, I think will help. But please request senior forums members, like Damanisshallo to request.
I my case they refused to expidite in December but I still think they attempted to process at earliest possibity.

naqeeb

Post by naqeeb » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi Aksi,

Congrats on u getting ur BRP. I wrote to my mp and after his involvement my case has been expedited on 23/1/13 due to my father ill health, am an august applicant as well. Can you let me know how long it took to receive passport after ur case was expedited.

Thanks
aksi wrote:
nats wrote:Thanks Aksi and many congrats. Did you requested MP to ask UKBA just for processing your application fast or approving your ILR or u also requested to provide with any letter in meantime as proof of work? If u dont mind can u send me some details from ur letter or a copy so i can get little help in writing to MP?

I met personally my MP, with a written request to contact UKBA to expidite processing of my case and provided copy of my letter+letter from employer that I posted, faxed and emailed to UKBA . Will provide you text that I used. But in your case any documents to show you needs to work & not your wife like child health etc, I think will help. But please request senior forums members, like Damanisshallo to request.
I my case they refused to expidite in December but I still think they attempted to process at earliest possibity.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR Rejected

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Pay wrote:Guys my ILR was rejected in August 12 with no right of appeal , could i ask for reconsideration now after 6 month?
Pay wrote:Dear all

I applied for ILR under 10 years rule in April 2012 , I was recently notified that my application has been refused due to me not having valid leave to remain for 6 month in 2003-2004 .

the reason for this gap was that I lost my passport 10 days before my Visa runs out , I then next day wrote to UKBA and notified them of what happened and I was advised to make application when i have all the necessary document and received my passport.

it took 5 month to get new passport and when i applied in Feb 2004 with new passport no question was asked and was issued leave to remain straight away.

I have 2 month Visa left till end October 2012 and I am not sure what to do

I know i failed to meet the definition of 10 years lawful residence in UK , but what happened was out of my hand and i did everything I could to comply with rules
You might need to seek expert's advice and make a fresh application. I am not sure how far this would go in your favor but I know someone who had the same issue but not as long as yours. He had a gap of 1 month and his solicitor made a fresh application after completing the extra month and eventually got his ILR. In your case you do have evidence of whatever happened to you. Hence your solicitor will have a strong point to fight against.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:47 pm

nats wrote:
Pari_in_kwest wrote:Just to let you know all that my mother passed away last night. I couldn't even say good bye to her and not sure if I will get to see her before my family criminate her.
So sorry to hear that.. my condolence for you.. may her soul rest in peace.. and may God give you strength to bear tthis loss..

that is the worst thing to happen and I feel your pain as I have been through this not so long ago but luckily I managed to catch a flight home and said a proper good bye to my beloved dad.

I wish I could have helped you but life's a bitch I am afraid.

jitu_2677

Re: congrats.

Post by jitu_2677 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Cong ... Aski. But whats your timeline

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:24 pm

saanju9 wrote:

No she wasn't applying for anything. Just the lawyer I consulted who advised that I submit everything/anything I could get hold of including that. Yes the application is set(o) 10 yr long residence. Thanks
Hi

there is no need for for her documents if your applying for 10yrs Long residency. there are some id***s who will say get hold of every documents and put them into a rugsack and ship it to the home office. And possibly this could be the reason some applications get delayed in making decision.

The answer to your question is, for your 10yr Long Residency the only documents they (UKBA) need is: your Passport/passports

They don't need to know what your wife's status is or her supporting documents. So you (i think the owner of the documents has to do it) can ask her documents back

Saanju
You're absolutely right. I thought so as well but if you're putting a lot of faith in some of these fellows like I did it can bite. I will get her to request it herself. Hope that won't push it back even further. Cheers

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:58 pm

saanju9 wrote:

Hi

Saanju
You're absolutely right. I thought so as well but if you're putting a lot of faith in some of these fellows like I did it can bite. I will get her to request it herself. Hope that won't push it back even further. Cheers

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR basis of 10 years rule time scale

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi Kya

congratulation to you on your ILR , I have a bit complicated case too, HO made case on working breach of hours as a student, It took me sort out 2 years, during this period my leave to remain expired because they havn't revoke my visa , my solicitor realise my leave was valid applied 15days late , but that stage HO mentioned one your case in high court other you applied out of time application. After two year HO took case back and paid ex-gradita payment too, so technically section 3C says when your case in high court your old leave carry on valid until final decision.
I have completed nearly 11 years, my family with me 8 plus year with me , kids in school eight years.
Any comments in term my case, I applied ILR in OCT and bio metric done in Dec 2012 and HO asked due to my solicitor mistake forgot to take my signature on section 10 of Bio metric, even bio meteric done before. So just posted to them new sign copy of section 10.
Your comment/ discussion will be highly appreciate.
Regards

[/u]

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 pm

I'm really sorry to hear this sad news. May her soul rest in peace. I could feel your pain cos it happened with me too while i was on student visa but my mum passed away with heart attack and son was in ICU in Birmingham children hospital in very critical condition.
May the Lord Almighty give you strength to bear this great loss.

[quote="Pari_in_kwest"]Just to let you know all that my mother passed away last night. I couldn't even say good bye to her and not sure if I will get to see her before my family criminate her.[/quote]

k_alibaba

update the status of pending application for ILR 10 yrs

Post by k_alibaba » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:23 am

hi,
is it possible we could get updated status of the applicants of Feb, March, April , May, June and July2012 from ppls who are waiting for their ILR decision to be made.
I have a feeling, some of the applicants didnt update after the ILR
if this is the case then we can confirm from them??
any suggestions ?
btw: i send my app on sept and almost 13 weeks when i done my Biomatrics and waiting for ILR and BRP.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: ILR basis of 10 years rule time scale

Post by Hwima » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:34 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi Kya

congratulation to you on your ILR , I have a bit complicated case too, HO made case on working breach of hours as a student, It took me sort out 2 years, during this period my leave to remain expired because they havn't revoke my visa , my solicitor realise my leave was valid applied 15days late , but that stage HO mentioned one your case in high court other you applied out of time application. After two year HO took case back and paid ex-gradita payment too, so technically section 3C says when your case in high court your old leave carry on valid until final decision.
I have completed nearly 11 years, my family with me 8 plus year with me , kids in school eight years.
Any comments in term my case, I applied ILR in OCT and bio metric done in Dec 2012 and HO asked due to my solicitor mistake forgot to take my signature on section 10 of Bio metric, even bio meteric done before. So just posted to them new sign copy of section 10.
Your comment/ discussion will be highly appreciate.
Regards

[/u]
Hi amjadleeds

Some similarities with my story. 6.5 yrs no problems with student visa. 1.5 yrs processing and legal battle. 3 yrs dependent. Keep an eye on mine just in case it unravels before yours. It may give you an idea.

aksi

ILR Timeline

Post by aksi » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:40 am

Hi,
My time line is :

SET(O) acknowledgement: 20 August, 2012
Request to expedite : 20 November, 2012 (posted, emailed & faxed)
Met MP to urge expedite : 28 November, 2012
UKBA refused to expedite : 10 Dec, 2102
Biometrics done : 17 Dec 2012
ILR approved: 25 Jan 2013
Docs arrived : 30 Jan 2013
DX missed delivery (BRP) : 31 Jan 2013

Total time taken : 5 months 10 days

Hope, wish and pray for others to get ILR sooner and the agonising wait to end. Many thanks for such useful information and time of forum members. I will conitune to be part of forum.

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Thanks damnisshallo for your reply.
Yes I work for the NHS and they are using the ECS service as you recommended. While waiting for a response from the UKBA I have been forced to take unpaid leave, which I think is totally unfair and unnecessary seeing that I have been working in another hospital with no change in immigration status whatsoever. I have now written a second email of complaint to the UKBA. I am just really pissed off that as a result of all of this, I am not allowed to work and not getting paid - my hospital and department is already as short-staffed as it is!!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Ombudsman

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:27 pm

dupuytren wrote:While waiting for a response from the UKBA I have been forced to take unpaid leave, which I think is totally unfair and unnecessary seeing that I have been working in another hospital with no change in immigration status whatsoever. I have now written a second email of complaint to the UKBA.
Wonder if UKBA would be able to do anything with your complaint. The time line to deal with complaints is even worst than applications. You should rather make a complaint with this organisation
Skydrives, Templates

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Hello All,

A little relief as i got bio invitation letter today
Application post 10th Dec 2012
Bio invitation received 02 Feb 2013
and i hop , i'll enroll on 5th Feb 2013

Thanks

let_koko

Re: ILR Timeline

Post by let_koko » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Congrats mate
few questions for you, which of their addresses (email,fax and postal) did you send your expedition letter to please and on what ground ?
Thanks
aksi wrote:Hi,
My time line is :

SET(O) acknowledgement: 20 August, 2012
Request to expedite : 20 November, 2012 (posted, emailed & faxed)
Met MP to urge expedite : 28 November, 2012
UKBA refused to expedite : 10 Dec, 2102
Biometrics done : 17 Dec 2012
ILR approved: 25 Jan 2013
Docs arrived : 30 Jan 2013
DX missed delivery (BRP) : 31 Jan 2013

Total time taken : 5 months 10 days

Hope, wish and pray for others to get ILR sooner and the agonising wait to end. Many thanks for such useful information and time of forum members. I will conitune to be part of forum.