ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal Service delay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TanyaUK
Newly Registered

Postal Service delay

Post by TanyaUK » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 am

Hi all
I think UKBA is having delays with receiving and sending out applications. I checked some January's application timelines and there are a lot of applications that haven't been delivered yet.
It looks like snow is delaying the post.
They inform that it takes a week to post letters usually. This weather is not helping us at the moment.
Has anyone received any postal communication from UKBA since 21/01/13?

BigSam

Re: Postal Service delay

Post by BigSam » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:27 am

Just to add to this. There does indeed seem to be a delay in the post in general.

I sent an invoice to a colleague using Special Delivery on Tuesday. This should have been delivered yesterday by 1pm "guaranteed delivery" but Royal Mail missed their deadline and only delivered it this morning...

The snow is obviously not helping those who are waitin :(
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:23 am

I think it's not only the postal but their processing too. NCS sent my application on 15th by "DX next-day special secure delivery" but UKBA haven't deducted the fee yet (10 days!!). So snow is probably also causing the delay in processing.

markdk
Newly Registered

Delays

Post by markdk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 pm

I only wish it was "the snow" in my case! Applied for BC on 3rd Jan via NCS Hamilton and haven't had fees deducted yet. Royal Mail Tracking says the special delivery arrived at the delivery office, but is "out for delivery"...trouble is that it has said the same every day for 2 weeks!
UKBA of course are uncontactable to confirm whether they ever received the application or not, so who knows where it is???

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Delays

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 pm

markdk wrote:I only wish it was "the snow" in my case! Applied for BC on 3rd Jan via NCS Hamilton and haven't had fees deducted yet. Royal Mail Tracking says the special delivery arrived at the delivery office, but is "out for delivery"...trouble is that it has said the same every day for 2 weeks
Since more than 10 working days have passed, you can make a claim. You will still not know if HO received your application, but you will at least get your money back (maybe more).

TanyaUK
Newly Registered

Re: Delays

Post by TanyaUK » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:18 pm

markdk wrote:I only wish it was "the snow" in my case! Applied for BC on 3rd Jan via NCS Hamilton and haven't had fees deducted yet. Royal Mail Tracking says the special delivery arrived at the delivery office, but is "out for delivery"...trouble is that it has said the same every day for 2 weeks!
UKBA of course are uncontactable to confirm whether they ever received the application or not, so who knows where it is???

Markdk
They should be able to confirm if your application has been received, they won't give you more information, but they can check on the system if they received it.
Have you tried to contact them? I believe you did...
You can also claim compensation fee from Royal Mail if your letter hasn't been delivered yet.
Good luck!

markdk
Newly Registered

Lost item

Post by markdk » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:47 pm

The only problem with claiming from Royal Mail, is that the Special Delivery was sent by NCS Hamilton, not by me. This means I don't have most of the info needed to claim, nor proof of posting.
Still no reply from emailing UKBA to ask if it arrived (now 10 days after email).
NCS finally tried ringing UKBA again and spoke to someone helpful (!!!) who said it HAS been received by them (RM tracking still says "out for delivery").
BUT no fees have been debited and no letter confirming receipt of application has been received.
I would have never thought it possible to be looking forward to someone taking £851 out of my account!!

TanyaUK
Newly Registered

Post by TanyaUK » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:29 pm

:) I am sure they will - they won't miss such an opportunity! :)

sounds like a person allocated to your case went on annual leave, I hope you will get update soon.

Good luck!

markdk
Newly Registered

postal delay

Post by markdk » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:34 am

Quick update: Fees were finally debited from my account 2nd February, more than 4 weeks after applying (but no letter yet confirming receipt of application). Seems the application was sitting on someone's desk at the bottom of a pile and has finally been looked at.

TanyaUK
Newly Registered

Post by TanyaUK » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 am

Great news!
Let's hope they will process it quick now - they have to meet their deadlines and they must have realised how far they are behind.
I got my approval letter after 10 days of deducting fees. Yours should arrive soon.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:02 pm

TanyaUK wrote: I got my approval letter after 10 days of deducting fees. Yours should arrive soon.
TanyaUK, it would be great to see your timeline if possible.