ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter required from Home Office

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Eleven7
Newly Registered

Letter required from Home Office

Post by Eleven7 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi all,

My HSMP extension application is with Home Office. My current leave will expire tomorrow (i. e. 01/03/2007). My employer needs confirmation from Home office that I am eligible to work during this period. Is there any way to arrange such sort of letter from HO or through some other legal representative. Appreciate comments for all with any such experiences

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:37 pm

I dont think Home Office will issue a letter. You can show your employer the policy on HO website and you should be fine.

Its employers resposibiliy/decision to employ legal people. As long as you are legal, HO should not have any problem neither should your employer.

Browse the policy on the site, it should be clear there. :)

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Letter required from Home Office

Post by pantaiema » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:05 pm

ASk your employer to call HSMP team OR ask them to send email.
You coulkd use that as evidence

Pantaiema

Eleven7 wrote:Hi all,

My HSMP extension application is with Home Office. My current leave will expire tomorrow (i. e. 01/03/2007). My employer needs confirmation from Home office that I am eligible to work during this period. Is there any way to arrange such sort of letter from HO or through some other legal representative. Appreciate comments for all with any such experiences

esoluyemo
Newly Registered

Post by esoluyemo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:39 pm

Home Office will not give any letter but ask you to ask your employer to phone your case worker for confirmation. In any case, even if appeal is going on, you still have right to work. It is not over until it is over.