ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General dependants visa application query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arvind.harish23
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General dependants visa application query

Post by arvind.harish23 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Hey Guys,

I am on Tier 2 General visa and am traveling to India in august to get married and will stay there for a total of 4 weeks, just was hoping someone would help me out with the procedure to apply for dependent visa for my wife.

Should i come back and then ask my employer to fill out a change of circumstances form, and the documents i need to take to India so that my wife is able to apply for the visa, also she wants to pursue her higher studies so is it easier for her to come here on a student visa and then switch to my visa, or directly apply for the tier 2 dependent.

Really appreciate the help and thank you for taking the time to reply to the post.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:37 pm

Once you are married your wife can apply for a PBS dependant visa in India. If she comes to the UK as your dependant she will be free to work or study. The application form is here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /vaf10.pdf

A Tier 4 student visa is far more difficult to get and requires a CAS from an educational institution before the application can be made.

arvind.harish23
Newly Registered

Post by arvind.harish23 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Thankyou manci,

That was very helpful,just one last doubt, so there would be no changes to my visa or the COS that my empolyer has generated for me, I have to just give the supporting documents which my wife will need to apply for her visa.

Is there no form that i have to fill out to inform the UKBA that I am not single anymore and have a dependant

Thanks for your time Mansi.
Appreciate the Help and guidance

harir
Newly Registered

Post by harir » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm

I've got the same question actually. At the time of applying I was single (in theory!). Applied from India and got my Tier 2 general visa last week. However, I've just got married in the mean time and my visa states clearly the number of dependants as 0.
So can my wife now apply straight away or do I have to inform UKBA or go through any more processes?

Kaley
United Kingdom

Post by Kaley » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:36 am

I am in same boat, planning to get married this summer when i will be back home for 4 weeks. In same time I am planning to apply my spouse Tier-2 dependent visa so that we can travel back together.

If I understand correctly, for dependent, we have to fill up VAF 10 application form for PBS dependent, bank balance of spouse £ 600, marriage certificate original copy. Apart from that depending upon country you have to submit appropiate health certificate.

Is there any more documents we need to submit along with application form? Do we have to submit documents like House lease agreement, employment letter stating I am currently working for sponsoring company, council tax bill payments etc? I haven't seen anywhere in guidance mentioned about these document, so i guess these documents are irrelevant to dependent application. Correct me if I am wrong.

Many Thanks.

harir
Newly Registered

Post by harir » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:44 am

Yes you would have to submit tenancy agreement, last 6 payslips, a letter of invitation, 3 months bank statements with a balance over £600 at all times, marriage certificate, copy of your passport and BRP/Visa page and employment letter.
Along with this you will need a chest Xray to be done and report submitted. This will have to be done from one of the approved centres on the UKBA site, depending on which centre you're applying from. Assuming you're applying from India, you can find details here.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... screen.pdf

Hopefully someone will come along to clarify our doubt about whether anything else is needed as we are "switching" from single to married.

titi

Re: Tier 2 General dependants visa application query

Post by titi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:38 am

Hie
i am on tier2 general and am seperated from my wife. We have 3 children. Can i bring my children as my dependants. I did put them on my aapplication form as dependants.

Thank you

vinny

Re: Tier 2 General dependants visa application query

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:10 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.