ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Based on 10 yrs long residency. need your opinion pls.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frahman
Newly Registered

ILR Based on 10 yrs long residency. need your opinion pls.

Post by frahman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:54 am

Hi ,
Every one , I know there has been lots of topics regarding this but I just want to open one separately .So that I can get unique advise regarding my issue.

My 10 years long residency will complete by this 10th Sep, 2013. I have spent my 8 years as a General student(before tier-4) and tier-4 student visa. and all those years I was studying in the university spending all most everything my father saved in his life time + my earnings.

Now I'm on PSW visa ending on feb 2014.
And After so many years - I have realized the biggest misery in my life which I can not alter .I have had my application returned by home office in two time. one back in 2009 because of incorrect photo and second was 2011 when I applied for PSW as then could not take payment from my Card.

all those days I was thinking that this is not a problem as home office already acknowledged my attempts to renew my visa (how fool i was, if i knew this I would go there personally to renew my visa)

I have two dependents with me (wife and 4 and half years old daughter )

Both incident has resulted me to become over stayer for 20 and 29 days respectively.

Really sorry for the long email. but I just could not stop writing as I have no other place to share and I can't keep it in me any longer.

I'm realistic and I don't believe in miracle ... Now my question is to you--

Shall I apply for ILR (is it worth trying , what do you think) , if some was in the similar problem pls share your experience , good or bad . I need decide what shall I do as I don't want to spend anymore money , My life is already exhausted.

I guess my application will be refused with a appeal right if I apply in feb 2014.

Is there any chance at all?

Your opinion will be great help for me. thank you.

15Jan

Post by 15Jan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:02 pm

I think you have a very good chance for ILR.

Plz research around for similar cases on this forum/internet. Pay special attention to Section 3C, invalid applications due to photo/payment problem.

Don't lose hope coz you have time on your side.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:22 pm

You have to try. What is there to lose.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:03 pm

quantum1 wrote:You have to try. What is there to lose.
Seconded quantum1.

Moreover to add more info on this situation, wy not ask for SAR and you can see whats wrong with the gaps in your extensions