ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Couple of questions of ILR Set(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR2013Maybe
Newly Registered

Couple of questions of ILR Set(O)

Post by ILR2013Maybe » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi everyone

I'm booked in for my ILR appointment this month and have a couple of questions.

1) Whilst the application is processed, do you sit with the case worker / is there an opportunity to explain or answer questions?

2) I'm currently on £40k per year => 40k / 12months = £3333.33333 per month. Due to my employer rounding the .333p down each month, my years earnings is £39,999.96 can I enter £40k for the 45 points, or should I tick the 35K box and get the 40 points?

3) This may make the above question irrelevant, I received my HSMP in Feb 2008, which then changed over to Tier 1 in 2010. Does this mean I qualify for the HSMP FJ Review and then don't need to fill in the points calculation pages? (ie does changing to Tier 1 change anything)

-Thanks[/list]

uksettlement
India

Re: Couple of questions of ILR Set(O)

Post by uksettlement » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:22 pm

ILR2013Maybe wrote:Hi everyone

I'm booked in for my ILR appointment this month and have a couple of questions.

1) Whilst the application is processed, do you sit with the case worker / is there an opportunity to explain or answer questions?

You give the documents to the case worker and disappear when he makes the decision. However, he asks you questions when submitting the docs for his review.

2) I'm currently on £40k per year => 40k / 12months = £3333.33333 per month. Due to my employer rounding the .333p down each month, my years earnings is £39,999.96 can I enter £40k for the 45 points, or should I tick the 35K box and get the 40 points?

If qualify with 40 points then I wouldn't worry putting anything. If you do need the 45 points then you can surely round off.

3) This may make the above question irrelevant, I received my HSMP in Feb 2008, which then changed over to Tier 1 in 2010. Does this mean I qualify for the HSMP FJ Review and then don't need to fill in the points calculation pages? (ie does changing to Tier 1 change anything)

You will apply under tier1 and not under HSMP jurisdiction.

-Thanks[/list]
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ILR2013Maybe
Newly Registered

Post by ILR2013Maybe » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi - thanks for replying :)

I have 75 points claiming 35k+ This was what I wanted to talk to the case worker. I'd be disappointed if the application was rejected over 4p :) So I may as well put it back to the 35k+ to avoid any issues.