ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of documents & final check for my next week's ILR P

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guri_78

List of documents & final check for my next week's ILR P

Post by guri_78 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi,

I am going through the final check for my next week's ILR PEO. Here are all the info about my application.

I am the main applicant.
Tier 1 Visa
expires on 4 march 13
First visa stamped: 3rd March 2008
First time came to UK on 11 May 2008 (67 days after visa, well within 90 days period)
Got extension in Jan 2010.

Total stay in UK 4 years 9 months

No of absence days around 186 in total 5 years but max time out of UK in one trip was around 70 days. Absences are less than 90 days in each 12 months in 5 years. Should be fine with new rules.

Here are the documents I am taking it with me. Please comment if you see any issue any where in this post.

Required Documents:
1. SET (O) Form, Version 12/2012
2. Passports + copies of all pages of my passport, copies of only stamped pages of my wife's old & new passports (old has her Dependent visa stamped)
3. Life in UK + copies
4. Two photos each
5. Salary slips (1st Feb 2012 To 31st Jan 2013) + Copies
6. Bank Statements (17th Jan 2012 To 17th Jan 2013, I am going to bank tomorrow to ask for the statement from 17th Jan 2013 to 4th Feb 2013.
7. Original First & exntesion HSMP/Tier1G approval letters + copies
8. Cohab docs: Wife's bank statements from 1st Jan 2011 till Jan 2013, Water bill on Wife's name, water bill on join account after moving to new property last year, Council tax on join name since May 2012, Council tax on my name for 2010/2011/2012 years, Rent Contract, NHS reg forms for both, couple of my HMRC letters

----I am taking all above cohab docs and will ask CW to choose what he/she wants

Extra Documents:
1. P60 -- 4 years
2. HMRC 5 years economically active letter
3. Marriage Certificate ----- Should I put it here in extras or in Required docs above???
4. Employer Salary Letter
5. Absence letter from Employer
6. Birthday certificate of my son born in UK as it has both of our names
7. Print out of two whatdotheyknow.com queries asked by Sohel & somebody else----------Thanks Sohel
8. Medical Certificate of My wife as we extended our return by two weeks

Please let me know there is any issue OR AM I MISSING ANYTHING?

Cheers

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:47 pm

I think you have covered all areas.

However, dont forget to inform your bank/credit card company regarding the prospective payment going through next week.

Also, please tell me about the docs of whatdothey.com (Sohel), please post the link.

I am going in tomorrow will post my experience on board by late evening so stay tuned!

Thanks in advance.
gen

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:43 pm

I already sent a MSG to my bank and also mention tomorrow.
All the best . Where r u going?

genuflexion wrote:I think you have covered all areas.

However, dont forget to inform your bank/credit card company regarding the prospective payment going through next week.

Also, please tell me about the docs of whatdothey.com (Sohel), please post the link.

I am going in tomorrow will post my experience on board by late evening so stay tuned!

Thanks in advance.

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Can u also pls comment on check list above?

uksettlement wrote:Here is the link

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... ermited_ab

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 pm

guri_78 wrote:Can u also pls comment on check list above?

I would reduce the no. Of cohab docs as you seem to have too many. Also marriage certificate I would put along with the cohab docs.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:04 pm

What all would you suggest from above pls?
uksettlement wrote:
guri_78 wrote:Can u also pls comment on check list above?

I would reduce the no. Of cohab docs as you seem to have too many. Also marriage certificate I would put along with the cohab docs.

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi Guri,

I am going to Croydon!

Don't ask how tense I am :(

But we will hang in there mate...
gen

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:01 pm

I'd suggest that you move item 7 (Original First & exntesion HSMP/Tier1G approval letters & copies) to your optional documents list as well.

asdf786

Re: List of documents & final check for my next week's I

Post by asdf786 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:46 pm

guri_78 wrote:Hi,

I am going through the final check for my next week's ILR PEO. Here are all the info about my application.

I am the main applicant.
Tier 1 Visa
expires on 4 march 13
First time came to UK on 11 May 2008 (67 days after visa, well within 90 days period)

No of absence days around 186 in total 5 years but max time out of UK in one trip was around 70 days. Absences are less than 90 days in each 12 months in 5 years. Should be fine with new rules.

Here are the documents I am taking it with me. Please comment if you see any issue any where in this post.

Required Documents:
2. Passports + copies of all pages of my passport, copies of only stamped pages of my wife's old & new passports (old has her Dependent visa stamped)
3. Life in UK + copies
4. Two photos each
6. Bank Statements (17th Jan 2012 To 17th Jan 2013, I am going to bank tomorrow to ask for the statement from 17th Jan 2013 to 4th Feb 2013.
8. Cohab docs: Wife's bank statements from 1st Jan 2011 till Jan 2013, Water bill on Wife's name, water bill on join account after moving to new property last year, Council tax on join name since May 2012, Council tax on my name for 2010/2011/2012 years, Rent Contract, NHS reg forms for both, couple of my HMRC letters

----I am taking all above cohab docs and will ask CW to choose what he/she wants

Extra Documents:
1. P60 -- 4 years
3. Marriage Certificate ----- Should I put it here in extras or in Required docs above???
7. Print out of two whatdotheyknow.com queries asked by Sohel & somebody else----------Thanks Sohel

Cheers

Hi, I think nice work you have done. I am ready to apply little bit later but just want to clarify some questions... Currently Having Tier 1 General permission...

1- D1. Please confirm whether you have spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the United
Kingdom:

Obviously there is only one option "Yes" to select. But i want to clarify that my first visa date is 22 April 2008 but i came this country on 10 May 2008 and my leave is going to expire on 22 april 2013. Whatever date i apply for ILR, it will not complete 5 years? Please comment is it alright to say yes in this answer or i am missing point?

Moreover, i want to apply end of March this year. Is it ok or i have to apply after 10th of April by completing 4 years and 11 months...?? What date is good to apply for me?

2- I have been out of UK not more than 7 to 8 weeks in 5 years mostly annual holidays back home. Do i need to fill in "6 . 3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?" or leave it alone?

3- I and my wife got Life In UK test certificate. I think we don't need to Tick No in Question 4.4? Please confirm. thanks
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

guri_78

Re: List of documents & final check for my next week's I

Post by guri_78 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:27 pm

qfmomen wrote:
guri_78 wrote:Hi,

I am the main applicant.
Tier 1 Visa
expires on 4 march 13

Required Documents:
3. Life in UK + copies
4. Two photos each

Extra Documents:
1. P60 -- 4 years

Cheers

Hi, I think nice work you have done. I am ready to apply little bit later but just want to clarify some questions... Currently Having Tier 1 General permission...

1- D1. Please confirm whether you have spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the United
Kingdom:

Obviously there is only one option "Yes" to select. But i want to clarify that my first visa date is 22 April 2008 but i came this country on 10 May 2008 and my leave is going to expire on 22 april 2013. Whatever date i apply for ILR, it will not complete 5 years? Please comment is it alright to say yes in this answer or i am missing point?

Moreover, i want to apply end of March this year. Is it ok or i have to apply after 10th of April by completing 4 years and 11 months...?? What date is good to apply for me?

If you enter the UK within 90 days of your visa stamp then they are counted towards your 5 years.

2- I have been out of UK not more than 7 to 8 weeks in 5 years mostly annual holidays back home. Do i need to fill in "6 . 3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?" or leave it alone?

It should be blank i think for T1G

3- I and my wife got Life In UK test certificate. I think we don't need to Tick No in Question 4.4? Please confirm. thanks
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf
No is fine

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Is there any reason if doing so?

Also, can you pls check your PM...Cheers

cs95tdg wrote:I'd suggest that you move item 7 (Original First & exntesion HSMP/Tier1G approval letters & copies) to your optional documents list as well.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Because your previous approval letters are not required documents for your SET(O) application. You can take them for your peace of mind to provide if requested, but are not required IMHO.
guri_78 wrote:My reasons are

Trip 1. Annual Paid Leave
Trip 2. Annual Paid Leave
Trip 3. Work Related + Annual Paid Leave
Trip 4. Work Related + Annual Paid Leave

1. Are above reason good fine, I am about to fill it in my form???
2. I put *Days away exludes arrival & departure days, after absence table. Is it fine?
3. I put the following line too after table. I am undecided should I write it or not? I am taking these documents with me any how in case they ask. What do you think?
1) Yes, though there is no requirement to state that you were either paid or unpaid when listing the reason for your absence. It could be as simple as holiday/family visit etc...
2) Yes.
3) I would not include that line in your absences spreadsheet. You can take the evidence you have and leave it in your optional documents list to provide if your caseworker raises any questions. This is again for your peace of mind, as I don't believe this will happen.

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:00 am

Thanks mate for the clarification......I reorganised docs now...

Can you please also help me to short list what all above Cohab docs should I keep with my application and what all as extra?

Thanks again..
cs95tdg wrote:Because your previous approval letters are not required documents for your SET(O) application. You can take them for your peace of mind to provide if requested, but are not required IMHO.
guri_78 wrote:My reasons are

Trip 1. Annual Paid Leave
Trip 2. Annual Paid Leave
Trip 3. Work Related + Annual Paid Leave
Trip 4. Work Related + Annual Paid Leave

1. Are above reason good fine, I am about to fill it in my form???
2. I put *Days away exludes arrival & departure days, after absence table. Is it fine?
3. I put the following line too after table. I am undecided should I write it or not? I am taking these documents with me any how in case they ask. What do you think?
1) Yes, though there is no requirement to state that you were either paid or unpaid when listing the reason for your absence. It could be as simple as holiday/family visit etc...
2) Yes.
3) I would not include that line in your absences spreadsheet. You can take the evidence you have and leave it in your optional documents list to provide if your caseworker raises any questions. This is again for your peace of mind, as I don't believe this will happen.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:13 am

Re cohab: from the 2 years you want to cover, have something for each quarter (3 month periods). Preferably with both names included, and altogether from different sources.

Wife's bank statements from 1st Jan 2011 till Jan 2013, FINE

Water bill on Wife's name, FINE
water bill on join account after moving to new property last year, FINE
Council tax on join name since May 2012, FINE
Council tax on my name for 2010/2011/2012 years, FINE
Rent Contract, OK
NHS reg forms for both, FINE
couple of my HMRC letters OK

I think you have covered all the bases.. good luck.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks mate....

I will put one each from each source for each quarter with main app and rest as a extra in case require.

Cheers
wpilr_nov12 wrote:Re cohab: from the 2 years you want to cover, have something for each quarter (3 month periods). Preferably with both names included, and altogether from different sources.

Wife's bank statements from 1st Jan 2011 till Jan 2013, FINE

Water bill on Wife's name, FINE
water bill on join account after moving to new property last year, FINE
Council tax on join name since May 2012, FINE
Council tax on my name for 2010/2011/2012 years, FINE
Rent Contract, OK
NHS reg forms for both, FINE
couple of my HMRC letters OK

I think you have covered all the bases.. good luck.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 am

Congratulations...
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

mprmani
Newly Registered

Post by mprmani » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:39 am

Can you please send your sample employer letter