ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice on applying first time adult british passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mel2012
Newly Registered

Need advice on applying first time adult british passport

Post by Mel2012 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:21 pm

Hello everyone!

I would like to inquire with regards to documents needed to apply for first time adult british passport. I have two passport other one is when I enter UK on spouse visa- this is cancelled already (using my single name), the current one is when I renew my previous passport with my married name and with my ILR on it. Do i need to send them both? As I have read in the Direct.gov I wil need to submit the passport which i have entered UK. Shall I need to send them both along with my Naturalization certificate? Just need confirmation. Thank you in advance!

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Need advice on applying first time adult british passpo

Post by vinitmanu » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Mel2012 wrote:Hello everyone!

I would like to inquire with regards to documents needed to apply for first time adult british passport. I have two passport other one is when I enter UK on spouse visa- this is cancelled already (using my single name), the current one is when I renew my previous passport with my married name and with my ILR on it. Do i need to send them both? As I have read in the Direct.gov I wil need to submit the passport which i have entered UK. Shall I need to send them both along with my Naturalization certificate? Just need confirmation. Thank you in advance!
As the form says, you only need to send your uncancelled passport.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

Mel2012
Newly Registered

Post by Mel2012 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks for the info vinitmanu!

I want to confirm this as I used my cancelled passport( Take note it was valid when I entered uk) when I enter UK. The only reson I renew it is because to change it with my married name.It's quite confusing if I need to send it with the current one. I do not want anything to go wrong with my application.. is there any number I can call for this?

Tra2003

Post by Tra2003 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Mel2012 wrote:Thanks for the info vinitmanu!

I want to confirm this as I used my cancelled passport( Take note it was valid when I entered uk) when I enter UK. The only reson I renew it is because to change it with my married name.It's quite confusing if I need to send it with the current one. I do not want anything to go wrong with my application.. is there any number I can call for this?
Mel 2012, i would suggest you send all the passports both the one you came to the UK with (cancelled or not). When i applied for mine recently using check and send, the guy at the post office requested to include my old expired passport. This is the passport i came into the UK with, had my ILR although not written cancelled. Good idea to send it, if they don't need it they will return it, better to give them information when they don't need it than not giving them info thereby causing something to go wrong with your appplication or a delay in the application. Also you have to realise that sending them something they don't require in the end will not cause them to refuse your application. I hope this helps you in making a decision :)