ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting Married to EEA National. Help needed!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waren2k12
Newly Registered

Getting Married to EEA National. Help needed!

Post by waren2k12 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi, in short, Im an overstayer and have a case EEA2 refused recently. We appealed and it was refused again but we are now appealing to the HIgh Court. (Waiting for hearing date)
In the meantime, my partner (Polish National) and I would like to get married. In the previous hearing, the Judge agreed our relationship is genuine as we have a child together and reside together but only declined because apparently my partner isnt a qualified person.
However, I dont have my passport(which is being held by the HO)
How can we get married, what documents will then be needed?
Thanks in advance.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:06 pm

You need to get permission from home office to get merry, even if u get merry u still can't get rc if your partner is not qualified person, I Believe she is not working ???

Best to prove your partner qualified person that's all you require to get rc

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Well it is unfortunate that your appeal was refused. Did you proceed in the direction i suggested? And was it rejected by the judge?
I am very convinced your partner fall under Regulation 15, but it all depends on your reps understanding of the law.

I dont agree with the above advice. No need to seek permission to get married,but you will need an ID though.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:08 am

nidaulhaque wrote:You need to get permission from home office to get merry, even if u get merry u still can't get rc if your partner is not qualified person, I Believe she is not working ???

Best to prove your partner qualified person that's all you require to get rc
you DO NOT need approval to get married...

this is an old outdated rule which was found to breach article 8 (requiring authorisation [a certificate to allow somebody to get married]).

my wife and I did not have approval to get married last december.

She did not have her passport... we got married in church, and the vicar accepted various ID such as her IS96 "bail" notice... tax credits, etc.. but he also knew us too.

the only "approval" we needed was the bishops common license... as my wife isnt british, we couldnt go via BANNS... the bishop had to OK the marriage (it was his legal team, not himself though :))