ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you have a story to tell?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VictoriaS
inactive

Do you have a story to tell?

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:58 pm

I am writing an overview of the immigration system, and I need some case studies.

I know that there are many people here who have stories of problems with their applications, and if you feel that that your problem was due to bad advice from a government employee, an unfair or incorrect decision by an ECO, delays to your case due to loss of documents, etc etc etc, then I would like you to contact me.

In the first instance, please keep the story brief - one paragraph setting out the case, and then what you think the government employee in question did wrong.

I don't want to hear about every refusal, just those where the ECO/Home Office has clearly made an error.

I also want to hear about people who have been affected by changes in the law, especially doctors who have been on permit free then HSMP and now can't extend or get a work permit.

If anyone has such stories, please e-mail me at victoria.sharkey@medivisas.com Stories will remain confidential unless is it specified that they need not, and I won't use all these stories. This is background research into a briefing which WILL be seen by people with influence.

This is your chance to make a difference, so please help.

Mods - can you please sticky this?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

British

Post by British » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:07 pm

Hi,

To start with, here is the best you can find in the planet about UK HO/Immigration officer's state of documentation talk to up, which clearly stands as proof of what mess HO is in.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=13753

I really wonde, why the OP did not approach BBC to tell his story.

After calling an ILR holder as a Illegal and having stripped off his ILR status and causing him trauma for days to gether, they finally shamelessly agreed in court that HO had its documentation in mess and hence the talk to up.

There are load of serious stories like these.