ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If my employer terminates my contract....

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amin109
Newly Registered

If my employer terminates my contract....

Post by Amin109 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:36 am

I'm on Tier 2(general) and I will most likely be dismissed from my job. I have a notice period of 3 months on my contract. When exactly will my tier 2 expire and when will I have to leave the country if I do not have another sponsor by then? Is it 28 days or 60 days after the end of my notice period?

puns_puns

Post by puns_puns » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:59 pm

you have to findout another sponsor within 60 days..

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:23 pm

you should receive a letter from UKBA on curtailment of leave. This letter mentions the date before which you should leave the country without risking overstay unless you decide to make a further application for leave to remain and are waiting decision

Amin109
Newly Registered

Post by Amin109 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi,

Thanks, puns_puns and lawabidingimmigrant, for posting answers to my question. It looks like the home office will write a letter to me on curtailment of leave and most likely they will curtail to 60 days. I wonder how quickly they write the letter. I read that the employer has the duty of notifying the home office of termination of the contract of a sponsored migrant within 10 days and the home office will curtail the leave to 60 days from the day a caseworker has worked on the case. So there may be a gap between the notification date ( which should be within 10 days of the end of my notice period) and the date a caseworker works on the case... Any idea?

Thanks
Amin109