ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job to self emplyment transfer

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahbazali
- thin ice -

job to self emplyment transfer

Post by shahbazali » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:22 am

Hi
I am on psw and working in a surgery as IT Manager. now I am going to apply for t1 (E). I planned to change my contract with my employer i.e they will not pay me but my company for IT services and I shall keep providing them IT services as it is but under my company name.
is that ok?

thanks

buntyz

Re: job to self emplyment transfer

Post by buntyz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:52 pm

shahbazali wrote:Hi
I am on psw and working in a surgery as IT Manager. now I am going to apply for t1 (E). I planned to change my contract with my employer i.e they will not pay me but my company for IT services and I shall keep providing them IT services as it is but under my company name.
is that ok?

thanks
yea that will be perfectly fine

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 am

Sounds fine, you should be ok.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: job to self emplyment transfer

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:54 am

shahbazali wrote:Hi
is that ok?

thanks
Signing contract and providing services to them is fine but remember they will pay your company not you so any money you receive in your company bank account corporation tax will be applicable on that money.

seek professional accountant advise in regards to this.

regards

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:44 am

^^Unless he works as a sole trader I think.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:21 am

shahbazali, have you sought advice about your plan, from an Accountant or Tax Adviser?

If not you certainly need to, particularly about legislation commonly known as IR35.

dd156, the surgery would be ill-advised to sign a contract with a sole trader. Too much tax risk for them. They would insist upon a contract with a limited company.
John