ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k77

Post by k77 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 pm

SETO 10 year long residency
Applied 5 December 2012
Payment method :Cheque
Acknowledgement letter received 12/12/2012
Biometric invitation letter received:01/02/2013

let_koko

Expedition

Post by let_koko » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi Damanisshallo
Please, do you have a template or a sample on how to request an expedition on application
I will like to expedite my application for a particular reason
Thanks in advance

should rather make a complaint with this organisation[/quote]

aksi

Re: ILR Timeline

Post by aksi » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Postal address (as on acknowledgement letter): UKBA, SET(O) Indefinite Leave to Remain, PO Box 306, Liverpool, L2 0QN
email: UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
fax: 0151-213-2910

I had work related urgency, my employer need me for significant contract for which continuation of person is important. As in my case it was dependent on outcome of my SET(O), I lost that opportunity.

let_koko wrote:Congrats mate
few questions for you, which of their addresses (email,fax and postal) did you send your expedition letter to please and on what ground ?
Thanks
aksi wrote:Hi,
My time line is :

SET(O) acknowledgement: 20 August, 2012
Request to expedite : 20 November, 2012 (posted, emailed & faxed)
Met MP to urge expedite : 28 November, 2012
UKBA refused to expedite : 10 Dec, 2102
Biometrics done : 17 Dec 2012
ILR approved: 25 Jan 2013
Docs arrived : 30 Jan 2013
DX missed delivery (BRP) : 31 Jan 2013

Total time taken : 5 months 10 days

Hope, wish and pray for others to get ILR sooner and the agonising wait to end. Many thanks for such useful information and time of forum members. I will conitune to be part of forum.

khanjaan

hi

Post by khanjaan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:32 am

Hi Guys
Just wondering and worried when my turn like others will come i dont understand why they are taking long some aug applications already back and even a september application is approved i sent my case on 08 august 2012 still no luck i wanted to ask these people to please update if they heard any good news.
or they still waiting

tinaysf
anjum.zahra
locomore
ONE-DAY
Yasy
FTW
star17
frog
lfc4ever
ASIF
hash_1310
Sul_662
settlement10year
Spider
gxf555
manish mehta
jewellondon
ali-80

khanjaan

hi

Post by khanjaan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:38 am

Hi guys
these applications are the first 10 days of august so hopefully whoever gets reply first the others will get relief aswell including me
inzi2k
mp1254
let_koko
razi786
khanjaan
sahir1001
NP550P7C
kebl303
S17
i know i am putting useless posts but dont know what to do so fedup keep thinking it will come today or tom even dreaming about it that my solicitor will call me today thats crazy :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

smshad

Re: hi

Post by smshad » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi,

I am an August applicant too but looking at the spreadsheet trend, I think it will take 4-6 weeks more before August applicants will start receiving their passports. Many July applications are still pending. Ignore 2 August applications already received, they were exceptions.
Take care.
Shad.

................Pending................Processed................Total
May...............1..........................17.......................18
June..............3..........................11.......................14
July..............11..........................4........................15
Aug..............34..........................2........................36

khanjaan wrote:Hi guys
these applications are the first 10 days of august so hopefully whoever gets reply first the others will get relief aswell including me
inzi2k mp1254 let_koko razi786 khanjaan sahir1001 NP550P7C kebl303 S17
i know i am putting useless posts but dont know what to do so fedup keep thinking it will come today or tom even dreaming about it that my solicitor will call me today thats crazy :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Punjabis

Re: NCS

Post by Punjabis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Punjabis wrote: It's means I have to apply twice for her (means have to pay twice)?

Yes

Also please can I apply now as she still have visa for another 3 months. Or do I have to apply in last 28 days of her visa finished.

This is what the UKBA adviser told me yesterday, but in your case your wife has already been here for 5 yrs I think you can apply(there are always mixed reactions and this is really a grey area). Having said this, if you can book an appointment for FLR(M), they might advise you if she can or cannot make an application yet. The good thing is, they wouldn't charge you if they cannot proceed.

Also I have children born here 5 and 3 yrs old. Correct me if I'm wrong I just have to register them? Which form? And how?

Use MN1 form for your kids and try to use NCS, that way you can still keep hold of your original docs.

Thanks for informaiton Damanisshallo

I was looking at the form FLR(M) Guidance. Which says English Language requirement. My wife has done Life in the UK Test. Does she need any other test?. Please help with this question?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Punjabis wrote:I was looking at the form FLR(M) Guidance. Which says English Language requirement. My wife has done Life in the UK Test. Does she need any other test?. Please help with this question?

Read this post
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

rayhanali
Newly Registered

Re: Application for 10 years leading ILR

Post by rayhanali » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Dear friends,
just to update my status
i received my Biomatric invitaion on 2/2/13 and done on the same day
now the real waiting have started

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rayhanali wrote:Dear Friends,
i would like to share my timeline
Applied on.. 12/12/2012 at 12:12 pm
Recieved ack in a week time
now waiting for rest of the process

regards
Last edited by rayhanali on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:46 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Punjabis wrote:I was looking at the form FLR(M) Guidance. Which says English Language requirement. My wife has done Life in the UK Test. Does she need any other test?. Please help with this question?

Read this post
That is bit confusing.

But what I understand from that post is, she has to do ESOL, am I correct?

Please note she's been in UK for over 6yrs. She is my dependent of tier 1 (general). I got recently ILR on the basis of 10yrs long residency. Before I apply this I have to take LITUK test.
My question is my wife has to do different English course and not LITUK?
Shouldn't LITUK covers? Afterall she is going to be my dependent as before.

What do you think? Please shed some light on this situation her visa is finishing in march. If she is unable to pass ESOL before March than what are the options?

She has got certificates from OCR Level 1&2 Certificate in Adult Literacy would that any help?

How can I check if those certificte helps, I have tried different websites but can't find right answer.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:56 pm

Punjabis wrote: That is bit confusing.

Please note she's been in UK for over 6yrs. She is my dependent of tier 1 (general). I got recently ILR on the basis of 10yrs long residency. Before I apply this I have to take LITUK test.

What do you think? Please shed some light on this situation her visa is finishing in march. If she is unable to pass ESOL before March than what are the options?

She has got certificates from OCR Level 1&2 Certificate in Adult Literacy would that any help?

How can I check if those certificte helps, I have tried different websites but can't find right answer.
Go through this document meanwhile.

For transitional arrangements read this also the second point might serve your purpose.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

aksi

Post by aksi » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi,
We have been through this and found that English requirements are different for FLR(M) and settlement. For settlement ESOL with citizenship or LIUK are accepted. For FLR(M) the requirement is entry level 1 follow and list of approved tests
Please read list of approved tests carefully to see neither ESOL with citizenship nor LIUK is in it. We found easiest is Trinity college test.
Damanisshallo wrote:

For transitional arrangements read this also the second point might serve your purpose.

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:

By attaching those documents did not help, my questions still stands?
Please answer specifically my questions, If you can I will really appreciate.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:24 pm

Punjabis wrote:She has got certificates from OCR Level 1&2 Certificate in Adult Literacy would that any help?

How can I check if those certificte helps, I have tried different websites but can't find right answer

UKBA wrote:The test must be on our list of approved English language tests, which you can download from List of approved english test
Check if your partner's test is in the list? I think aksi has answered your query.
Skydrives, Templates

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:59 pm

aksi wrote:Hi,
We have been through this and found that English requirements are different for FLR(M) and settlement. For settlement ESOL with citizenship or LIUK are accepted. For FLR(M) the requirement is entry level 1 follow and list of approved tests
Please read list of approved tests carefully to see neither ESOL with citizenship nor LIUK is in it. We found easiest is Trinity college test.
Damanisshallo wrote:

Aksi--Thank you very much for your right guidance especially trinity college exam "GESE Grade 2 pass in speaking and listening (Spouses & Partners)"

I have checked that on trinity college website sample test. That is easy thanks again. Initially when I found out I thought its going to be equivalent to IELTS. Which would have been a time taking.
But it's not. There is no need for any preparation for that kind of test.

smshad

Post by smshad » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi,

If your wife is applying on FLR(M) she will have to take English language test mentioned in the link below NOT life in the UK test.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

In form FLR(M) and its guidance its is no where mentioned that LITUK covers the English language test requirement.

Your wife's length of stay in the UK is irrelevant and you had to take LITUK test because yours was SET(O) and you wife's will be FLR(M).

Even if your wife has any other tests at the same or higher level but not from the recommended provider you have to take the English language test with the Home Office recommended provider. Its mentioned at HO link below.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

I would suggest not to go for ESOL because some of them are more than HO requirements and takes more time to get the result. Go for the easiest and quickest Trinity College A1 Exam, it takes 5 minutes and examiner asks same questions as shown in the video on Trinity college and its affiliates web site.
http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=2094
http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=2321
I got it done for my wife through www.englishexamcentres.co.uk althought they charge £10.00 more than others but good service and support and mores slots and certificates received within a week. The one in llford gave us apt and later cancelled.

Hope this will answer all your questions below.
Take care.
Shad.
Punjabis wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

smshad wrote:Hi,

If your wife is applying on FLR(M) she will have to take English language test mentioned in the link below NOT life in the UK test.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

In form FLR(M) and its guidance its is no where mentioned that LITUK covers the English language test requirement.

Your wife's length of stay in the UK is irrelevant and you had to take LITUK test because yours was SET(O) and you wife's will be FLR(M).

Even if your wife has any other tests at the same or higher level but not from the recommended provider you have to take the English language test with the Home Office recommended provider. Its mentioned at HO link below.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

I would suggest not to go for ESOL because some of them are more than HO requirements and takes more time to get the result. Go for the easiest and quickest Trinity College A1 Exam, it takes 5 minutes and examiner asks same questions as shown in the video on Trinity college and its affiliates web site.
http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=2094
http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=2321
I got it done for my wife through www.englishexamcentres.co.uk althought they charge £10.00 more than others but good service and support and mores slots and certificates received within a week. The one in llford gave us apt and later cancelled.

Hope this will answer all your questions below.
Take care.
Shad.
Punjabis wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:

Thank you very much detail reply.
I will be advising my wife to get that done ASAP.

Could anyone also advise after taking FLR(M). Does she need to wait for 5 years before can apply for ILR considering she is been here over 6 years.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR basis of 10 years rule ( during application process T1

Post by amjadleeds » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:58 pm

hi everyone

I applied ILR on basis of ten year rules,still my application in process. My Tier1 visa going to expire in Middle of March, If due to any reason up to that date cant get decision on my application of ILR, can I apply Tier1 extension, what will be happen my ILR if I apply for extension.
If I dont apply for extension, then they will allow me to apply later date when my application for ILR decide, so income last fifteen month need to show before expiry my previous tier1 or before apply tier1.

Your advice will be really appreciate in my scenario

ONE-DAY
Newly Registered

Post by ONE-DAY » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:21 am

Apologies for the late message I applied on the 13March2012 and got rejected on the 15Jan2013. But I can appeal and I currently doing that now. I applied with spending 9yrs and a month in the UK, hence the length.

khanjaan wrote:Hi Guys
Just wondering and worried when my turn like others will come i dont understand why they are taking long some aug applications already back and even a september application is approved i sent my case on 08 august 2012 still no luck i wanted to ask these people to please update if they heard any good news.
or they still waiting

tinaysf
anjum.zahra
locomore
ONE-DAY
Yasy
FTW
star17
frog
lfc4ever
ASIF
hash_1310
Sul_662
settlement10year
Spider
gxf555
manish mehta
jewellondon
ali-80

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:30 am

Punjabis wrote:Could anyone also advise after taking FLR(M). Does she need to wait for 5 years before can apply for ILR considering she is been here over 6 years.
No She can make a SET(M) application as soon as she gets her FLR(M) granted.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:33 am

Punjabis wrote:Could anyone also advise after taking FLR(M). Does she need to wait for 5 years before can apply for ILR considering she is been here over 6 years.

I have read ure previous posts and I understand that you are on Tier 1 general before you got ure ILR (10yr cat.)

No she doesn't need to wait 5 years if she was granted PBS dependent before 9th july 2012.

As I can also see that you wife is here for 6 yrs as a dependent of yours and I presume that she is PBS dependent for last two years, she can apply for FLR(M) and then very next day she can apply for ILR through SET(M).

I also think that you already got your ILR so please don't post her FLR(M). it will take you 6 to 8 months (u only save £250 approx)

And I don't mean post her SET(M) either (later on)

Saanju

settlement10year
Newly Registered

Post by settlement10year » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:22 am

Hi khanjaan,

I have been calling home office almost every week since beginning January and each time been informed that it is still pending. I have tried to get more information except that it is pending and each time been told that they have no access to any other information.
I am therefore still waiting to hear from the home office. Their number is not very cheap either to keep calling all the time.
khanjaan wrote:Hi Guys
or they still waiting

tinaysf
anjum.zahra
locomore
ONE-DAY
Yasy
FTW
star17
frog
lfc4ever
ASIF
hash_1310
Sul_662
settlement10year
Spider
gxf555
manish mehta
jewellondon
ali-80

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:09 am

Hi,

Would i be possible to add me to the 10 years IRL timeline.

Application sent: 28/01/13
Acknowledgement letter date: 29/01/13

Thank you

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 am

ONE-DAY wrote:Apologies for the late message I applied on the 13March2012 and got rejected on the 15Jan2013. But I can appeal and I currently doing that now. I applied with spending 9yrs and a month in the UK, hence the length.

Do you have any reason why you have applied with 9yrs one month in UK. Now that your going to appeal against the rejection (which I think it is fare enough and you should have thought its was imminent when you applied), on what grounds do you think that they will change their decision

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR basis of 10 years rule ( during application process

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:59 am

amjadleeds wrote:hi everyone

I applied ILR on basis of ten year rules,still my application in process. My Tier1 visa going to expire in Middle of March, If due to any reason up to that date cant get decision on my application of ILR, can I apply Tier1 extension, what will be happen my ILR if I apply for extension.
If I dont apply for extension, then they will allow me to apply later date when my application for ILR decide, so income last fifteen month need to show before expiry my previous tier1 or before apply tier1.

Your advice will be really appreciate in my scenario
SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT APPLICATIONS wrote:3.1. Applications lodged during the currency of limited leave

If two or more applications are made during the currency of substantive leave to enter or remain and are undecided, they should be decided at the same time so that if 3C is triggered it will expire at the same time for both applications. If section 3C is triggered after multiple applications have been made, and if exceptionally the applications are not decided together, leave will be treated as continuing until the end of the time limit for appealing against the last decision made.
Refer to a similar case

Note: Your 3C will trigger in the middle of March.
Skydrives, Templates