ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP issue date same different from PEO appointment date

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anna_miller
Newly Registered

BRP issue date same different from PEO appointment date

Post by anna_miller » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 am

I've just received my BRP after a successful ILR application at PEO Solihull, but the issue date on the card is four days later (Jan 29) than the date of my PEO appointment (Jan 25).

Does anyone know if it's likely to be a BRP error or if the official date I was granted ILR is not the date of the appointment, but the date on the BRP card?

Thanks a lot in advance!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 am

If the approval decision was given on the day of your appointment (& you received a letter to that effect), then grant date on your BRP should be the same. I would write to them to enquire and have the error corrected.

anna_miller
Newly Registered

Post by anna_miller » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:09 am

Thank you for your reply! I've written to them about it, but the letter I got on the day of my appointment didn't say that I got my ILR, it was the generic letter that advised me about the BRP coming in the post later.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:32 am

Yes, that's the usual letter you get (though I recall that theres a second page which states something to the effect that, your application was approved. BUT that you cannot use the letter as proof of your ILR status). Either way I presume you were verbally told that your application was approved on the day, in which case that date it what should appear on your Settlement BRP.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:36 pm

The date on the card is the date the card was issued which is not necessarily the same as the date the leave was granted.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Should not a BRP that is issued for settlement indicate the date the applicant was granted ILR rather than the date the card was issued?

That has been my understanding to-date & also personal experience. The reason being I'm not aware of any other means a migrant can use to prove the actual date they were granted ILR. Unless perhaps I've missed some other reference that can be used for this purpose?

anna_miller
Newly Registered

Post by anna_miller » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:25 pm

People at my local nationality checking service have just told me that I should use the date on my BRP as the date my ILR was granted. The exact date of ILR grant is not crucial to me, I am just worried there is a typo on the card that will affect my naturalisation application negatively. Waiting to hear from the "BRPerror" service.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:43 pm

As far as the date is concerned, I doubt the fact that the BRP has a date that is a few days after the actual approval date will negatively impact your naturalisation application, so long as the extra few days, makes no difference to you. However you might as well have the BRPerror team confirm whether this was done in error rather than intentionally.

I raised my previous question to Greenie, as there may be others to whom the actual ILR grant date is significant. As your NCS has confirmed, I do not see any other means by which they would be able to confirm when you were granted ILR, other than using the date on your Settlement BRP.

anna_miller
Newly Registered

Post by anna_miller » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:59 pm

[quote="cs95tdg"]I raised my previous question to Greenie, as there may be others to whom the actual ILR grant date is significant. As your NCS has confirmed, I do not see any other means by which they would be able to confirm when you were granted ILR, other than using the date on your Settlement BRP.[/quote]

I've just heard back from the BRP Error Team. The issue date on m BRP is correct, although it is indeed four days later than my PEO appointment. The issue date is the date when the BRP was produced. They haven't said explicitly if this is the date my ILR was granted, but it must be, since there is no other way to prove I have ILR.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Thanks for confirming. I've just had the same confirmed by another on this forum.

I was under the wrong impression that it would be the approval date that appears on the BRP, as was the case when I got my BRP's for T1G LTR & for ILR. I.e. in both cases the date on the BRP card was the date mentioned on my approval letter. It appears that it was just pure luck that my BRP's were issued on the date of approval & my PEO appointment date.