ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maximum absence ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qmenon

Maximum absence ILR

Post by qmenon » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Questoion In regards to the Maximum absences from the UK (economic migrants) clause(No more than 180 whole days absence are allowed in any of the five years), do I have to show any evidence if I was absent from Uk for less than 180 days?
Please note that my qualifying period is 2 years in Work permit & 3 years in Tier 1. During one of the years of my qualification(work permit period) I was absent from UK for 2 months(less than 180days)- do I have to give the reason for this ? Or is my understanding correct that absence reasons are only for more than 180 days in a year?

Thanks
J

qmenon

Post by qmenon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:43 am

Following from my query above, please see below my absence dates, In year 5 I had a work permit and then I switched to Tier 1. During this period I was away from Uk for 75 days which is well below the threshold. Do I have to give a reason for this?

Year From To Days absent Visa
Year 1 02-Mar-13 01-Mar-12 29 Tier1
Year 2 02-Mar-12 01-Mar-11 0 Tier1
Year 3 02-Mar-11 01-Mar-10 19 Tier1
Year 4 02-Mar-10 01-Mar-09 14 Tier1
Year 5 02-Mar-09 01-Mar-08 75 T1 & Workpermit

Appreciate if somebody can help me with this query.. Thanks very much.

J

uksettlement
India

Re: Maximum absence ILR

Post by uksettlement » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:57 am

qmenon wrote:Questoion In regards to the Maximum absences from the UK (economic migrants) clause(No more than 180 whole days absence are allowed in any of the five years), do I have to show any evidence if I was absent from Uk for less than 180 days?
Please note that my qualifying period is 2 years in Work permit & 3 years in Tier 1. During one of the years of my qualification(work permit period) I was absent from UK for 2 months(less than 180days)- do I have to give the reason for this ? Or is my understanding correct that absence reasons are only for more than 180 days in a year?

Thanks
J
Since you were on WP you will need to provide a letter from the company eve if it was less than 180 days. Only Tier 1 guys are exempted from it.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

qmenon

Post by qmenon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks for ur reply.If I get an annual leave letter from my company, that should be fine right?

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:51 pm

qmenon wrote:Thanks for ur reply.If I get an annual leave letter from my company, that should be fine right?
I understand one should be paid normal salary while on annual leave. Were you paid during your absence? If so, then you a letter would suffice.