ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Experience - Fulltime Study

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pb78
United Kingdom

UK Experience - Fulltime Study

Post by pb78 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:24 am

The application form states that the 'Original Home Office letter of student permission' needs to be provided as one of the evidences. Can one of those successful applicants who scored 5 points under this section share the reason stated for excpetional consideration?

Regards,
pb78

disdil4u

Re: UK Experience - Fulltime Study

Post by disdil4u » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:29 pm

I have applied and claim as a 5 point for UK Education
I do have Home office letter when I apply for my student visa extension in UK.
pb78 wrote:The application form states that the 'Original Home Office letter of student permission' needs to be provided as one of the evidences. Can one of those successful applicants who scored 5 points under this section share the reason stated for excpetional consideration?

Regards,
pb78

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:03 pm

Dear disdil4u

How did U get Home office letter ?. Most studewnt only get student visa issued by british embassy (if u apply from outside UK), not from home office ?.

I have observsed that a lot of people have been asking about HO letter and nobody could confirm about this. It will be very usefull to the forum member if you could elaborate about this.

Thanks
Pantaiema

disdil4u wrote:I have applied and claim as a 5 point for UK Education
pb78 wrote:The application form states that the 'Original Home Office letter of student permission' needs to be provided as one of the evidences. Can one of those successful applicants who scored 5 points under this section share the reason stated for excpetional consideration?

Regards,
pb78

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:21 am

Last edited by BACK_TO_GB on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

disdil4u

Post by disdil4u » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:21 am

Hello pantaiema

When you apply for extension of your student visa in UK than you will get a HO Letter with reference no on it.

I applied for HSMP and got approval with 5 point for my Education in UK

Hope this help.

pantaiema wrote:Dear disdil4u

How did U get Home office letter ?. Most studewnt only get student visa issued by british embassy (if u apply from outside UK), not from home office ?.

I have observsed that a lot of people have been asking about HO letter and nobody could confirm about this. It will be very usefull to the forum member if you could elaborate about this.

Thanks
Pantaiema

disdil4u wrote:I have applied and claim as a 5 point for UK Education

Regards,
pb78

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:38 pm

Dear BACK_TO_GB

Thank you or the eplanation of your case.
That s what I tought you do not receive a letter from HO. It is only VISA or LTR.

Abother case that Ihave seen, a friend of mine got Multiple Entry student VISA from British embassy for 1 year (he took Master's degree). In this case he does not need anomore LTR. So conclusion it could be various from person to person.

The HO letter is still misteriois to me

Pantaiema
BACK_TO_GB wrote:Hello Pantaiema,

Allow me to share some of my experience regarding this - yes, if you apply for student visa from your country to go to the uk for your studies, you only get the visa stamp / sticker on your passport - once you have arrived to the uk port, you get the HO / LTR (Leave to Remain) stamp in the airport (used to be the case) - no letter involved.

But most of the time, this LTR is only given for half or quarter of the period that your studies entiteles you to... (say a 3 year BSc course will be given only one year LTR in the airport) THEN, before that year ends, one would apply again , this time from the uk, to an extension FLTR, most people do it through the International Student Office within their university - your passport then comes back with the stamp extension and a HO letter IND - to confirm the stay.

By the way the only importance of this letter (I think) is a Reference Number written on that letter - As the letter itself holds nothing on it to show the period of stay given ... this reference number is the key for HO to all your records of stay in the Uk - that is why they need this letter!

If you have no letter, then go to the neautralized copies...

All the best.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:45 pm

Dear disdil4u

Thank you for explaining your case

As I mention before, Often person who is doing Master's degree will get Multiple entry visa for at least one years from British embassy. So s/he do not have to extent their student Visa until finshing their Master's degree.

SO, certainly, In this case this person does not have letter from HO or LTR stamped inther passport.

Some people might have letter from HO some do not (because thay already get VISA for +1years).

I think it is another example of mistake from HSMP team/HO, they do not take any other possibilities that might be appear.

Pantaiema

[quote="disdil4u"]Hello pantaiema

When you apply for extension of your student visa in UK than you will get a HO Letter with reference no on it.

I applied for HSMP and got approval with 5 point for my Education in UK

Hope this help.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:16 pm

Last edited by BACK_TO_GB on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danke
Newly Registered

Post by Danke » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:59 am

Regards,
pb78
Understans what u guys r discussion.My situation is as follows.
I didn't get the HO letter when first arrived at UK,but they stamped on the UK visa page of my passport and give me around 1 year visa.During that period I finished my master degree,which I used this to claim my full time study under UK Experience.And my university has also issued a letter for me.

To extend my stay here,I registered with a new course in another university,just started the course.The HO issued a letter for me when my extension of stay was approved.This is the letter I wanna to provide in the HSMP application.

My concern is

1) If I have already provided the HO letter and Institution Letter,hould I also provide the notarised copy of relavant passport pages?Cause the HO letter is issued when I apply for the extension of stay,while the institution letter is issued when I first arrived in UK.They r covering different time period.While the only thing I can find to cover the period when I first arrived in UK is the notarized copy of passport pages.

2) Is it necessary to go to Exceptional Consideration for this case?If yes,what explainations should I put on the application form?

3) R there any other evidences should be provided?

2)