ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 28 days calculation (35 days late entry)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

firangi

ILR - 28 days calculation (35 days late entry)

Post by firangi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi

(Sorry this question was in the wrong section before)

I was issued with a 5 yrs Work Permit on 04.11.08 and I entered UK on 11.12.08. I am with the same employer since entry in the UK.

Since the difference is less than 90 days, am I right in understanding that:

1) That period (between visa stamping and entering UK) will be counted towards my "continuity period of 5 yrs to be eligible for ILR"

2) Because of point 1, I can apply for ILR 28 days before the visa stamped day (04.11.08) and not entry in UK date (10.12.08)

Please confirm

Thanks

F

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Correct.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:36 pm

firangi wrote:Hello
My question is about SOC code.
I have my Indefinite Leave to Remain application next week, after being on a 5 years continuous Work Permit (single employer) issued at end of 2008. At start of 2013 we successfully notified UKBA about change in my job title through a “Technical Change of Employment” form. I have a copy of UKBA’s acknowledgment as well.
Now, I have requested my employer to issue me a letter stating my current employment and SOC code. However, we noticed that I do not have a SOC code for my current title. My HR dept is suggesting we should match my Job Description (job responsibilities) to nearest SOC code, under my qualification and explain that to UKBA in a covering letter.
What would be the best plan of action?
A quick response would be very very helpful.
Thanks and Regards
F
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:37 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.