ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ID29

Post by ID29 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:24 pm

z18runway wrote:... But UKBA has one database if at all they are in different department.
It's just sadly a fact of life that many Government departments (and not just in the UK) still work with pen and paper. Sure they have computers and will use them for cross checking and to record results but generally everything else is done with pen, paper and rubber stamps.

Also, its likely that what database systems they do operate are holding information collected over a number of years. Some of the older stuff (eg past applications) might not record the same detailed information collected more recently. Put simply, they don't trust computerised information which may be incomplete or entered incorrectly.

jai_aus

FLR for MY wife and MY ILR

Post by jai_aus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 am

Hi,

I have applied for ILR under 10 year residency in AUG 2012 and am still waiting .I am about to apply FLR (M) for my wife as her visa is about to expire.

I will provide my ILR reference number as my passport is still with UKBA.

My question is if i get my passport back I do not want to send it back to UKBA as I have to travel frequently due to work.I do not want to make my employer wait any longer for my passport as this will affect my employment.

And in regards to english language requirement my wife has master from university of birmingham. Is it safe to presume this is enough.

was any one in this position where they cannot send their passports because of travel.

It is very frustrating since my application is still under process for more than 5 months and if it takes same time for wife, then this means i will not have my passport for almost an year.

Please help?

Regards,
Jai

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR for MY wife and MY ILR

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:03 am

jai_aus wrote:I have applied for ILR under 10 year residency in AUG 2012 and am still waiting .I am about to apply FLR (M) for my wife as her visa is about to expire.

This template should be of some use.

My question is if i get my passport back I do not want to send it back to UKBA as I have to travel frequently due to work.I do not want to make my employer wait any longer for my passport as this will affect my employment.
FLR(M) Guidance wrote:The reasons for not being able to provide the original document must be explained in a covering letter. We are unlikely to grant your application without the original document.
FLR(M) FORM Note 6 wrote:If you are unable to provide your passport or travel document, you may only submit other evidence of your nationality in certain circumstances.
These circumstances are;
• Where your passport has been lost or stolen
• Where your passport has expired and been returned to the relevant authorities, or
• Where the passport is with another part of the UK Border Agency.
Is your circumstance mentioned in the above list? and Note 7 from FLR(M) Application Form does not applies to you.

You will have to send your passport & BRP for UKBA to proceed with your wife's application. However, you can request your documents using ROC Form, clearly mention in bold at space provided for

Do you want to withdraw your application?*
as NO and only requesting the sponsor's documents.

Documents required * (Please include full details of document required)
For example, Sponsor's Passport, Sponsor's Name, Sponsor's Nationality, Sponsor's DOB

Please specify whose documents you require *
Clearly mention you only need the Sponsor's documents and not the main Applicant.

And in regards to english language requirement my wife has master from university of birmingham. Is it safe to presume this is enough.

Yes, she should be fine.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

jai_aus

Post by jai_aus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:16 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
jai_aus wrote:I have applied for ILR under 10 year residency in AUG 2012 and am still waiting .I am about to apply FLR (M) for my wife as her visa is about to expire.

This template should be of some use.

FLR(M) Guidance wrote:The reasons for not being able to provide the original document must be explained in a covering letter. We are unlikely to grant your application without the original document.
FLR(M) FORM Note 6 wrote:If you are unable to provide your passport or travel document, you may only submit other evidence of your nationality in certain circumstances.
These circumstances are;
• Where your passport has been lost or stolen
• Where your passport has expired and been returned to the relevant authorities, or
• Where the passport is with another part of the UK Border Agency.
Is your circumstance mentioned in the above list? and Note 7 from FLR(M) Application Form does not applies to you.

You will have to send your passport & BRP for UKBA to proceed with your wife's application. However, you can request your documents using ROC Form, clearly mention in bold at space provided for

Do you want to withdraw your application?*
as NO and only requesting the sponsor's documents.

Documents required * (Please include full details of document required)
For example, Sponsor's Passport, Sponsor's Name, Sponsor's Nationality, Sponsor's DOB

Please specify whose documents you require *
Clearly mention you only need the Sponsor's documents and not the main Applicant.

Yes, she should be fine.

Thanks again Damanisshallo....I am just worried.. You replied to my earlier posts so you probably know. I have requested UKBA to prioritize my application for ILR as I have to travel at my new work place (they may not prioritise but it is worth) and just in case if i receive the passport then i have to sen it back and wait.

This is just so frustrating.......

Is there anything I can do because i am sure it will take them couple of weeks atleast to add my wife's application on the system and couple of weeks to send my passport back...

Regards,
Jai

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:30 am

jai_aus wrote:Is there anything I can do because i am sure it will take them couple of weeks atleast to add my wife's application on the system and couple of weeks to send my passport back...
Sadly we don't have any other option. Do we?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 am

whitequeen wrote:My application reached its 10th month on 27th January and still hasn't heard anything. My grandma died that very same day and I won't be able to go home.. :cry:
Hi

Did you try calling the home office and mentioned its 10 months now? This is really frustrating. They say they process applications strictly on date order but does not seems so.

Thanks

ken2mj
Newly Registered

Post by ken2mj » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:53 am

Finally, the post I've been looking forward to making for a long long time.

Documents received dated 01/02/13, BRP in the post.

223 days since initial application, 7 months and 1 week.

So happy, we are going out for a fancy lunch to celebrate.

at2329
Newly Registered

Time line

Post by at2329 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:57 pm

It is encouragin to see some June applications coming back. Here is time line for our application

Appplication sent : 26th June 2012
Biometrics recieved: 06 Sept 2012
Biometrics completed: 09 Sept 2012
Docs: Still Waiting
BRP: Still waiting

I am not sure if this forum have thought of peaceful protest outside UKBA office, i hope this way we can put pressure on UKBA to process these applications intime and stop ruining the life of people.

JonPaula
Newly Registered

protest

Post by JonPaula » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:31 pm

I agree to a protest. I have tried everything, writing to MPs, newspapers etc. My wife is suffering with depression caused by this wait.

I think we need to protest outside westminster or the UKBA office in Sheffield but I do not know where this office is.

Could more people comment about this idea please.

ShazIslam
Newly Registered

ROD form

Post by ShazIslam » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi I just requested back for my husband's passport, but in the field where they ask, Whose documents you require, I stated SPOUSE, I didn't mention sponsor, is that okay ? :( I am freaking out just incase they think it's my passport I am wanting back and withdraw my application :(.

at2329
Newly Registered

Re: protest

Post by at2329 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:02 pm

JonPaula wrote:I agree to a protest. I have tried everything, writing to MPs, newspapers etc. My wife is suffering with depression caused by this wait.

I think we need to protest outside westminster or the UKBA office in Sheffield but I do not know where this office is.

I am sure alot of people are suffering because of this and I am really up for protest outside UKBA office in Croydon- London. Lets see what the mood is in the forum. I really dont want to live with this mysery. I want people to speak out.

Xcape_24
Nigeria

waiting finally over

Post by Xcape_24 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:45 pm

Hello people, my long wait is finally over,my documents came saturday and biometric card in the post,it would be 10months come 19th of this months{febuary},its really been a long wait and thank God all is over. During this peiod i lost my job but thank God my lovely wife support me all through,and i really want to thank everyone in this forum for all the love,help and advice,and i pray and hope everyone still waiting would have their passport and visa back soonest.
Thanks all.

Xiaozhu

Re: ROD form

Post by Xiaozhu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:17 pm

ShazIslam wrote:Hi I just requested back for my husband's passport, but in the field where they ask, Whose documents you require, I stated SPOUSE, I didn't mention sponsor, is that okay ? :( I am freaking out just incase they think it's my passport I am wanting back and withdraw my application :(.
Did you put "no" in the section where they ask whether you want to withdraw your application?

ShazIslam
Newly Registered

Re: ROD form

Post by ShazIslam » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:36 pm

[quote="Xiaozhu"][quote="ShazIslam"]Hi I just requested back for my husband's passport, but in the field where they ask, Whose documents you require, I stated SPOUSE, I didn't mention sponsor, is that okay ? :( I am freaking out just incase they think it's my passport I am wanting back and withdraw my application :(.[/quote]

Did you put "no" in the section where they ask whether you want to withdraw your application?[/quote]

Yes I did that. And I specified my husband's name his passport his date of birth too.

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:10 pm

You'll be fine then :)

Heather3687
Newly Registered

URGENT - TRAVEL ON EMERGENCY PASSPORT

Post by Heather3687 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi guys

I've followed this thread for a while and my details are in the Skydrive ("Heather"). In a few days it will be six months since I made my postal application for an FLR(M) visa extension.

I have a couple of urgent queries. I may well find the answers if I were to spend hours searching. However, I would appreciate any help anyone can give from their immediate knowledge or experience.

I am a US passport holder. On Saturday my grandfather died and the funeral will be on Monday 11 February 2013 in California. I would like to try to make the effort to get out there. I have called UKBA and my application doesn't even show on their system yet as it has not been six months since they received my application. I have also tried to contact my MP's caseworker, with whom I have liaised in the past. We will try again tomorrow.

The US Embassy in London have been helpful and it looks like they can issue me an emergency passport to travel to the States. However, I am concerned about re-entry into the UK. My PSW visa expired about a month after my application for FLR(M).

The Embassy have recommended I contact UKBA to find out the following before booking an appointment with them:-

1. Can I depart the UK while the visa application is in process, without forfeiting my FLR(M) application?

2. If I can travel, what documentation do I need to take with me in order to legally return to the UK?

Can anyone help? Even if I call UK on the 0870 606 7766 number and manage to speak to someone tomorrow morning, I think it would be unlikely that I could get anything like a letter from them in less than 20 working days. I would plan to fly to the States on Saturday and return about ten days later. I may have a better chance of getting a letter of support from my MP, although I'm not sure how helpful that would be. As far as I can tell, our MP has not been able to get UKBA to do anything faster than their usual pace.

Anyone with recommendations or similar experience? Flights don't seem too expensive and I'd really like to go if at all possible.

We had to cancel our trip at Christmas to visit my grandfather because UKBA have (so far) been unresponsive to our requests for documents back. The UKBA caseworker told me today that the Sheffield fax number to which we had sent our request in December is no longer picked up.

BellaM
Newly Registered

Post by BellaM » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 am

Hi Heather3687,

First I'd like to say I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather, my thoughts are with you.

Secondly, one of the very few times I was able to get through to the UKBA I asked about traveling on a temporary passport. Unfortunately, they stated that if you were to re-enter the UK on a temporary passport you would technically enter as a 'tourist' and therefore your application WILL be withdrawn (as you can only be in the country under a category with a visa when you apply for FLRm).

What you can try is see if they can use the compassionate reason as a way to process your application quicker (though based on a recent phone call they may not be taking any compassionate reasons into consideration anymore).

Hopefully that was helpful (and not too disappointing)!

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:16 am

Oh dear, Heather, I am sorry to hear that. In theory couldn't you leave the UK on your emergency passport and return on the same passport as a tourist? There is surely no need to even tell the UKBA in these circumstances? You need to speak to a different department of the UKBA in order to find out if you can re-enter the country on an emergency US passport.

The other option (if you couldn't come back to the UK on the emergency passport) would perhaps be to go back to the USA on your emergency passport and then get a new passport while you're in the USA - just tell them you lost your old one. You would come back to the UK on your new passport (as a tourist) and then transfer your marriage visa into it when you get it?

I don't imagine that the UKBA will process and application for expedition quickly enough for you to get to the funeral on time.

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:18 am

BellaM wrote:Secondly, one of the very few times I was able to get through to the UKBA I asked about traveling on a temporary passport. Unfortunately, they stated that if you were to re-enter the UK on a temporary passport you would technically enter as a 'tourist' and therefore your application WILL be withdrawn (as you can only be in the country under a category with a visa when you apply for FLRm).

What you can try is see if they can use the compassionate reason as a way to process your application quicker (though based on a recent phone call they may not be taking any compassionate reasons into consideration anymore).
Is there any need to tell the UKBA that you reentered the country as a tourist? It's not as if they are organised enough to find out themselves!

egoneo

Re: URGENT - TRAVEL ON EMERGENCY PASSPORT

Post by egoneo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:08 am

Heather3687 wrote:Hi guys

I've followed this thread for a while and my details are in the Skydrive ("Heather"). In a few days it will be six months since I made my postal application for an FLR(M) visa extension.

I have a couple of urgent queries. I may well find the answers if I were to spend hours searching. However, I would appreciate any help anyone can give from their immediate knowledge or experience.

I am a US passport holder. On Saturday my grandfather died and the funeral will be on Monday 11 February 2013 in California. I would like to try to make the effort to get out there. I have called UKBA and my application doesn't even show on their system yet as it has not been six months since they received my application. I have also tried to contact my MP's caseworker, with whom I have liaised in the past. We will try again tomorrow.

The US Embassy in London have been helpful and it looks like they can issue me an emergency passport to travel to the States. However, I am concerned about re-entry into the UK. My PSW visa expired about a month after my application for FLR(M).

The Embassy have recommended I contact UKBA to find out the following before booking an appointment with them:-

1. Can I depart the UK while the visa application is in process, without forfeiting my FLR(M) application?

2. If I can travel, what documentation do I need to take with me in order to legally return to the UK?

Can anyone help? Even if I call UK on the 0870 606 7766 number and manage to speak to someone tomorrow morning, I think it would be unlikely that I could get anything like a letter from them in less than 20 working days. I would plan to fly to the States on Saturday and return about ten days later. I may have a better chance of getting a letter of support from my MP, although I'm not sure how helpful that would be. As far as I can tell, our MP has not been able to get UKBA to do anything faster than their usual pace.

Anyone with recommendations or similar experience? Flights don't seem too expensive and I'd really like to go if at all possible.

We had to cancel our trip at Christmas to visit my grandfather because UKBA have (so far) been unresponsive to our requests for documents back. The UKBA caseworker told me today that the Sheffield fax number to which we had sent our request in December is no longer picked up.
do you work?

wondering if its possible to just stay in the usa till your application is decided. Then a friend can mail over your bio docs and passport and you can re-enter the u.k

Margot_Hazzard
Newly Registered

Re: protest

Post by Margot_Hazzard » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:46 pm

at2329 wrote:
JonPaula wrote:I agree to a protest. I have tried everything, writing to MPs, newspapers etc. My wife is suffering with depression caused by this wait.

A newbie to this forum but I have been following your plight as it is shared with my own. I am ready to protest and have some friends that are willing to help and have had experience with organising protests. You can use online sites such as meeting.com to stage a gathering. Who is interested? There must be many of us now...

ken2mj
Newly Registered

Post by ken2mj » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:16 pm

BRP ARRIVED!

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 pm

ken2mj wrote:BRP ARRIVED!
Congratulation I have been following you for while cause we did our biometric at the same time. I submitted my application on 21 June.

I hope my comes soon because i can't wait.e

ken2mj
Newly Registered

Post by ken2mj » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:37 pm

TODMATT wrote:
ken2mj wrote:BRP ARRIVED!
Congratulation I have been following you for while cause we did our biometric at the same time. I submitted my application on 21 June.

I hope my comes soon because i can't wait.e
I would expect you'll get yours very, very soon. They do seem to be making serious headway into reducing the number of outstanding applications if the recent flurry of decisions over the last week or two is anything to go by.

I can't believe it has finally arrived. The wife has already submitted thirty billion job applications online since it arrived. So, so happy.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 pm

I would expect you'll get yours very, very soon. They do seem to be making serious headway into reducing the number of outstanding applications if the recent flurry of decisions over the last week or two is anything to go by.

I can't believe it has finally arrived. The wife has already submitted thirty billion job applications online since it arrived. So, so happy.[/quote]

Congrat once again. It's been a long journey for everybody on this forum and we hope everything goes fine for everybody in the end. Sorry for asking you this question? I wanted to find out if you think your application was judged based on the old rules or the new rule because some old application were judged based on this. Please clarify

Thank you